Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Posting personal things on facebook

Some girl on my feed just made a status about how she just found out she can't have kids. Is it just me, or is that a bit much for facebook? I think if I found out I couldn't have kids, I wouldn't go around telling everyone. I don't even know if I would tell my best friend because she is the worst at being supportive. And I definitely wouldn't tell my family until I was much older and they began to ask why I wasn't having kids.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

I waited a while to even post anything about being pregnant.
    I think that's a bit much to put on there, but people will do what they want. I have this girl added who posted non-stop about being pregnant then one day just posted, "Who wants to go out for drinks?" And if you read the comments, it was her way of telling everyone she had a miscarriage. Some people just have no filter.
    I pop no style, I'm strictly rude.

Quote Originally Posted by hot_pink_underwear View Post
    I waited a while to even post anything about being pregnant.
    I think that's a bit much to put on there, but people will do what they want. I have this girl added who posted non-stop about being pregnant then one day just posted, "Who wants to go out for drinks?" And if you read the comments, it was her way of telling everyone she had a miscarriage. Some people just have no filter.
    I guess this is perhaps just another case of my having walls up and not allowing very many people past them. I just can't imagine why anyone would post something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    eh i've seen people post everything on fb. it's nothing new. just yesterday someone on my feed was laying out his dirty laundry about how his ex was a slut and slept with a bunch of people when they were together. i don't see the point in posting that sort of thing imo, but i guess it does make for an interesting read if it blows up lol!
    Oh yeah, I won't lie, I love reading dramatic things like that, but my opinion of someone definitely lowers when I see them post something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    I guess this is perhaps just another case of my having walls up and not allowing very many people past them. I just can't imagine why anyone would post something like that.
    I'm definitely like that to some extent and I feel like no one really needs to know a lot of things about my life any way. There are things my family doesn't know, my boyfriend desn't know, and even my old best friend didn't know. I'd rather keep them up in my head, but I guess that's not enough for some people.
    I pop no style, I'm strictly rude.

Attention seeking probably...I have a few people like that on facebook....they provide entertainment value lol. I would never post that on facebook...I don't think i'd want anyone else to know lol
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

I guess the people on my Facebook have no filter because they post stuff like that all the time. I try to keep whats going on in my personal life to a minimum on there because I know I FB stalk people and I don't want anyone that FB stalks me knowing EVERYTHING. It took me 2 months to post something about me being pregnant.
    But you got a heart so big, it could crush this town. And I can't hold out forever, even walls fall down.

"You're not gunna get in my head"
    "I'm already in your head"

Quote Originally Posted by musicgirl View Post
    Attention seeking probably...I have a few people like that on facebook....they provide entertainment value lol. I would never post that on facebook...I don't think i'd want anyone else to know lol
    This is what I was going to say. I don't really see any purpose of posting something like that aside from seeking sympathy and/or attention. And I guess that is kind of the point of Facebook, in a sense.
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Blog Entries
    If it's something personal that involves someone else, I don't post about it. Break-ups, starting to date someone etc. I won't argue with anyone over FB either, which I see done all the time.

If it's just about me though, I'll probably post it. Anytime I end up in the hospital I make a status, stuff like that. Mostly just so everyone knows what's going on. I'm not gonna text 8 different people to update them, I'll just go on Facebook.

In regards to TMI, pretty much the only time I know what's going on with my family is when relatives make statuses or what not. Sad.
    Your scream is burning through my veins.

Live fast, die pretty.

"The knight departing for new adventures offends his lady, yet she has nothing but contempt for him if he remains at her feet" Simone de Beauvoir.

ARP <3 Come back to me.

Ashley Guest
    I don't understand it either. When my dad was sick, people were posting on my mom's wall asking for updates. I thought it was so tacky. If we've kept that odd os facebook, they should too.

i hear people say that all the time. i think its cool or something ?

i try to avoid posting stuff that is too personal bc i have a bunch of people on there. on a semi-related note, i hate when i post something thats supposed to be a joke and then some old grumpy relative takes it seriously and freaks out...
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    eh i've seen people post everything on fb. it's nothing new. just yesterday someone on my feed was laying out his dirty laundry about how his ex was a slut and slept with a bunch of people when they were together. i don't see the point in posting that sort of thing imo, but i guess it does make for an interesting read if it blows up lol!
    aw man. i do have a few crazies on mine but i never see anything as entertaining as that lawl.
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by broccoliandchz View Post

i try to avoid posting stuff that is too personal bc i have a bunch of people on there. on a semi-related note, i hate when i post something thats supposed to be a joke and then some old grumpy relative takes it seriously and freaks out...
    ...Cool to be unable to have kids?

I've almost completely stopped making status updates because a couple of my aunts comment on every single one. The ones I do make aren't personal at all. Usually they have to do with the weather. Or settlers of catan.

Quote Originally Posted by broccoliandchz View Post

ahahah one time i played an old man in a musical, and i had to wear big glasses and a grey wig. naturally we took a bunch of dumb pictures of ourselves being men and i made one my profile picture. my great aunt from luxembourg and my grandma started commenting about how they were "concerned" and asking "is this the latest trend?" "will you regret this in 10 years?" wtf.
    ad astra per aspera

My sister is like that. She talks about her bowel movements, fibromyalgia, depression, vomiting habits, etc on there. I can't tell you how many times I facepalm reading her FB.
    "Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!" Kaylee-Serenity

Some girl on the street asked if i was saved yet. I told her I saved at the checkpoint a couple minutes back and can reload from there if I die. She was confused.