Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

friends broke up :(

i know this prob sounds stupid but i feel pretty sad because two of my good friends were dating for almost 3 years and they just broke up. i was originally friends with the guy but i met the girl through him and we've become good friends too. i srsly thought they'd get married. it was an amicable break-up, i guess, but she didn't want it to end and he was really stressed with work. it just seems like a stupid reason for breaking up and i hope they get back together cuz they seemed (to me at least) to be great for eachother and we all always had so much fun together. yes, i know, "it happens" but it still sucks.

has this ever happened to any of you in your circle of friends? what ended up happening and did things change?
    Thanks a whole... lot.

My closest girl friend and my closest guy friend started dating each other 4 1/2 years ago. They just broke up like a month ago and it was awful. Our friends circle is pretty much disintegrated now cause she hates him we're not really a group anymore. it's not stupid to be sad over it! I mean for us it was 4 years of things working a certain way, because they did everything together and with the rest of us. It's a whole structure that's changing. It really makes me sad.
    Love like you've never been hurt and dance till dawn like you've just been born.

One of my good friends was dating a guy for like...4/5 years. I wasn't close to him, but I met him a few times and I thought they would get married too...then they broke up...it came as a pretty big shock. I was so thrown off by it. My thought went to "if they can't make it work, no one can". They did however get back together! So that kind of made up for it.

Sorry about your friends break up...hopefully it'll end up being a happy ending! If they don't get back together, it'll probably be for the best. Just be there to support them right now.
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

My boyfriend and I made pretty good friends with a couple, Gabriel and Jennifer, last year. We hung out several times, all had a lot of fun. And then they broke up. I knew them both from a class, and Tony got to be pretty good friends with Gabriel. I'm good friends with both of them. Gabriel is in our D&D group, and I have a lot of trouble trying to spend time with Jennifer. She gets so jealous because she's always felt like her friends gravitate to Gabriel, so I do my best to spend time with her. It's been pretty awkward for the past few months.
    Leah

thanks everyone for the posts.

idk i feel dumb for being so upset. i don't even hang out with these friends THAT often anymore. we all just graduated college. but i was friends with the guy before college started. we would all hang out on breaks (summer, winter break etc) and they have sort of been a constant. it feels so weird and sad. i am so fond of both of them. and it's scary to think that a seemingly happy relationship can fall apart like that. i mean, i know they had some communication issues and things seemed to be going downhill toward the end. but it didn't seem like something they couldn't work through. i'm not really sure why this is affecting me so much.
    Thanks a whole... lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I think sometimes when we are close to two people who are in a seemingly good relationship that we think will go the distance and then they break up, it makes us lost a little faith in a relationships and possibly our own if we're in one. Cus you kinda look at the other couple as "role models" in a way.
    yeah that's it! lol it sounds silly but i was like "you guys, it feels like my parents are getting a divorce!" i don't know. logically, after speaking with them, i know that they had some communication problems, but it's just so weird. bahhh. i think the guy lost feelings for her because she never addressed that she was feeling insecure in the relationship. he was stressed starting a new job and also drank irresponsibly, and she was feeling ignored/taken for granted. instead of really addressing it, she just texted him "we have nothing in common" every time she drank. and finally one day he was like "you know what, you're right, we don't." but i think she felt like she DID address it and he just didn't make enough of an effort for her.
    Thanks a whole... lot.

yea and they involved me in all their drama lol. the girl was unsure of the relationship and wanted to test the waters a little bit. they ended up getting back together 6 months later. i went to their wedding last year. knowing what i do i wouldnt completely trust her if i were him, but whatever its not my place and she's a good friend so i have to stfu.
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.