Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

This dress - yay or nay?

It's cute but looks like it will be unflattering in person to me.

I don't like belted clothes. It usually looks to me like people are trying to hide their rummy when wearing one. I do love everything else about it aside from the belt
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

I think it would really wash out anyone without a tan. It's not my style, but it's cute.
    the best way to predict the future is to create it.

Quote Originally Posted by monicaacinom View Post
    It's cute but looks like it will be unflattering in person to me.
    I agree with this. I kinda feel like this type of thing would look good on super tiny and small cutesy kind of girls if that makes sense.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

Quote Originally Posted by sideout View Post
    I agree with this. I kinda feel like this type of thing would look good on super tiny and small cutesy kind of girls if that makes sense.
    Yes that definitely makes sense! That's what's holding me back from purchasing it, because I'm 5'7 and quite tiny in the waist but am very curvy so I don't know if the dress would really suit me or not =/

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMademoisele View Post
    Yes that definitely makes sense! That's what's holding me back from purchasing it, because I'm 5'7 and quite tiny in the waist but am very curvy so I don't know if the dress would really suit me or not =/

I have the same body but im 5'8 and my reaction was that it would look horrible on me. You should try it on first if theres a store near you but I personally wouldnt buy it.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

nay

Quote Originally Posted by CocoMademoisele View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it would. If you're curvy you ought to get things where the top half fits well to flatter your curves/waist. Otherwise it'll just hang off you awkwardly and make you look fat.

Quote Originally Posted by monicaacinom View Post
    Yeah, I don't think it would. If you're curvy you ought to get things where the top half fits well to flatter your curves/waist. Otherwise it'll just hang off you awkwardly and make you look fat.
    Very true!

Thanks for all the opinions! I don't think I'm going to get it anymore.

I don't think it'd be flattering on curvy girls, ya know the big boobs and hips. I think it'd be better on tiny girls because it can make them look like they have some curves... I'm curvy and I know belted clothes where the belt is located like in that one, makes my stomach look really pudgy
    Dressed to kill.
    R.I.P. K.C.
    +6000 posts.

nay

i think it looks kind of grandma-ish. but also looks like something zooey d would wear. so no-go.
    Thanks a whole... lot.

I wouldn't buy that.
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

I think yay, it's just a simple every day dress and it's cute

Amor vincit omnia.... Love conquers all.