Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

Someone talk to me.

I'm so bored right now. My boyfriend has been out of town for the weekend and isn't getting back until much later tonight, and I just put my stepson to bed. And there's no new posts on here.

What's up? What did you do this weekend?

you know i know a lot of people hate on it, but my best friend is dating a divorced dude with two kids and she loves it. she gets to have kids without having any of the responsibilities that come with them which is perfect for her because she's not exactly responsible lol. the kids live with their mom, though, and the mom causes significantly less drama than the lovely woman you deal with.

my friend calls the kids "her kids" lawl which is hilarious bc she really just plays mom a few times a month. i think its best for her. i would be scared for the world with her taking care of a child 24/7
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by broccoliandchz View Post
    you know i know a lot of people hate on it, but my best friend is dating a divorced dude with two kids and she loves it. she gets to have kids without having any of the responsibilities that come with them which is perfect for her because she's not exactly responsible lol. the kids live with their mom, though, and the mom causes significantly less drama than the lovely woman you deal with.

my friend calls the kids "her kids" lawl which is hilarious bc she really just plays mom a few times a month. i think its best for her. i would be scared for the world with her taking care of a child 24/7
    Oh yeah, it's been an interesting transition. When I first started dating him we only had the kids on weekends so it was easier for me to adjust to him being here. And now that I'm unemployed and he's here all the time it's certainly life changing. Especially because I never wanted children, but I'm kind of glad I got to skip out on the newborn stages and just get this cool little dude who's his own person to hang out with instead. Like we can go do things, have conversations, etc. And similar, I can still have the freedom to do what I want because when my boyfriend is at home and I'm not watching him, it's his responsibility. I don't mind taking care of the boy, but if my boyfriend is here I definitely make/let him do the primary care. So it's like basically being a mom without all the responsiblity. I'm sure if my boyfriend and I had a child together he wouldn't be as involved - because it's not my kid so he can't just dump him off on me.

Lol. Yeah. People said that about me too.

that sucks.

this weekend, went out drinking fri night, went to a friends girls day on saturday. stayed home on sat night and watched movies .sunday another quiet day.
    How come you never see a headline like "pyschic wins lottery" ?

Quote Originally Posted by SexyCupcake View Post
    that sucks.

this weekend, went out drinking fri night, went to a friends girls day on saturday. stayed home on sat night and watched movies .sunday another quiet day.
    Lucky. I'm going back to my hometown to visit my friends and family for the July long weekend... I cannot wait to go out drinking lol, I deserve a break!

I'm basically on a mini-vacation for the next two weeks, and have been since about two weeks ago. I'm in between jobs right now and just chilling by the pool with the boyfriend.

If you'd like something to do I'm in need of a new CD to listen to in my car. Just some fun music. What are the first 10 sogns that play in your music shuffle?

Quote Originally Posted by GummiBears&Airheads View Post
    I'm basically on a mini-vacation for the next two weeks, and have been since about two weeks ago. I'm in between jobs right now and just chilling by the pool with the boyfriend.

If you'd like something to do I'm in need of a new CD to listen to in my car. Just some fun music. What are the first 10 sogns that play in your music shuffle?
    Lucky youuuu! I wish there was somewhere not disgusting to go swimming around here. But there's not. :/ Although I went to the kiddy splash park today so I guess that was okay lol.

Haha. I have random taste in music but the first 10 songs are:

Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye
    Hell - Tegan & Sarah
    Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Coming Home - City & Colour
    Come As You Are - Nirvana
    The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
    Grand Optimist - City & Colour
    Wonderwall - Oasis
    Little Talks - Of Monsters & Men
    Rolling in the Deep - Adele

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    Lucky youuuu! I wish there was somewhere not disgusting to go swimming around here. But there's not. :/ Although I went to the kiddy splash park today so I guess that was okay lol.

Haha. I have random taste in music but the first 10 songs are:

Somebody That I Used to Know - Gotye
    Hell - Tegan & Sarah
    Otherside - Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Coming Home - City & Colour
    Come As You Are - Nirvana
    The Suburbs - Arcade Fire
    Grand Optimist - City & Colour
    Wonderwall - Oasis
    Little Talks - Of Monsters & Men
    Rolling in the Deep - Adele
    Ahh, well lucky me my boyfriend's grandparents have a pool so I don't have to spend money I don't necessarily have lol.

I know some of those songs and I'm about to youtube the rest. We have similar taste I feel like.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Love.

How old is your stepson?

This weekend we went to dinner for our anniversary, went to the zoo, and yesterday did nothing but watch movies all day haha. A nice relaxed weekend mostly.
    He will be 2 and 1/2. Will be 3 in September. He's so cute and smart though, like I can literally have a conversation with him (obviously not a highly intellectual one, but still lol).

Aww, that sounds nice. I love the zoo! Was it a big one with lots of animals?

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    I LOVE kids at that age!! My nephew just turned 3 and he is awesome. He struggles with conversation/speech and is little slow developing wit it, but he's actually really smart and you don't realise just how much until you sit and play games with him and the things he can do. I love them like that. He's doing this thing where he walks into a room and just announces himself by yelling his name lol, and talking in 3rd person constantly.

I'd NEVER been to a zoo before until like August last year. We went to London Zoo twice, and Phoenix Zoo... this one was Colchester and it was way better than the other two. The closures were awesome and we fed an elephant. We fed giraffes at Phoenix but it cost like $9 per person. It was so big we didn't even get to see all of it in 5hrs lol.
    Aww, that's cute. Bran used to do that earlier when I first met him, it's insane to think how far he's come in the last little while. He's super articulate for his age, but other things I think he SHOULD be able to do by now (ie: feed himself properly, drink out of a cup, use the toilet) he "can't" - and I use that word loosely because he technically can, just not as well it seems he should be. But oh well, all kids are different and they all learn/grow differently.

Wow that's crazy! I've fed giraffes before, I couldn't believe how long their tongues were haha, like as long as my forearm! And slobbery, haha. I've never rode an elephant that would be neat! There were camel rides at the zoo I was at, but the line up was soooo massive.