Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Is anyone else like this?

How much space do you typically need in a relationship? My boyfriend is a cool dude, he made me french toast this morning for breakfast. He's awesome. But I just can't handle seeing anymore more than 3 days a week. Nope. Can't do it. I am anticipating it dying down, I just got back, we've just started living in the same place again after 6 months of not seeing each other, so, I am sure that's the deal with that. He's similarly introverted, so I don't think it'll be a problem.

The idea that other people actually live together blows my mind. Like right on for them, but I just can't imagine ever wanting to do it. I don't ever want to move in with anyone, or share a bed with anyone else all of the time. Ideal world: two apartments in the same building, across the hall from each other. I'd be so down for that. That's the closest I'll ever get to moving in with anyone else, and the closest I'll ever get to being married.
    stop whining. Make life your bitch.

That sucks! What are you going to do when your relationship gets really serious?

I know what you mean about wanting your own bed though. I never thought I would care, but this past week I had a sleep over with some friends and I shared a bed with a friend. Oh my god I hardly slept. Every time he moved around I woke up! I'm not even a light sleeper. How do people spend their whole lives like that?
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    That sucks! What are you going to do when your relationship gets really serious?

I know what you mean about wanting your own bed though. I never thought I would care, but this past week I had a sleep over with some friends and I shared a bed with a friend. Oh my god I hardly slept. Every time he moved around I woke up! I'm not even a light sleeper. How do people spend their whole lives like that?
    No idea lol. I'lll letcha know when/if that happens. Right now its super good. We're goofy and stupid and talk like how we talked as friends before we were dating. Which I really like. Romantic sentiment grosses me out and I hate it. Not anticipating him dropping the L-bomb or anything soon, and we're still at middle school level of physicality (fingering and handjobs is wur its at yo) so I think we're gonna be alrighttt.

I really don't mind sharing a bed though, as far as actually sleeping goes. I probs annoy the hell out of him though, I move a lot. I fall right back asleep any time I wake up, so its nbd. He doesn't move much. Snores a little, but it doesn't bother me.

Quote Originally Posted by popsicle.pirate View Post
    No idea lol. I'lll letcha know when/if that happens. Right now its super good. We're goofy and stupid and talk like how we talked as friends before we were dating. Which I really like. Romantic sentiment grosses me out and I hate it. Not anticipating him dropping the L-bomb or anything soon, and we're still at middle school level of physicality (fingering and handjobs is wur its at yo) so I think we're gonna be alrighttt.

I really don't mind sharing a bed though, as far as actually sleeping goes. I probs annoy the hell out of him though, I move a lot. I fall right back asleep any time I wake up, so its nbd. He doesn't move much. Snores a little, but it doesn't bother me.
    That's good that things are going well for you guys! I hate romantic sentiment too. Are you hoping your relationship moves really slowly then?

Oddly enough, as long as someone isn't full-out snoring hardcore, I kinda like it. Like at college my roommate doesn't snore but she breathes loudly, and it makes me feel safer, haha. I just like knowing someone else is there I guess.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

I feel quite similar. 3 days a week is the perfect amount to me. I always say that the best set up would be couple duplexes. I get weekends off and usually so do the guys I date, so the expect me to stay from Friday evening until Sunday. I find it incredibly difficult. What I usually end up doing is leaving Saturday morning to spend a few hours by myself at home.
    I want to get married and have more kids, I just don't look forward to living with the s/o. Maybe my mind will change on that someday.
    When I was pregnant my daughters father moved in with my family during my pregnancy and until a few months after she was born. I barely remember what it was like. I'm more set it my ways now, though. I'm not sure how tolerant I would be to cleaning up chest and pube hairs in my bathtub these days
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingPony View Post
    I get weekends off and usually so do the guys I date, so the expect me to stay from Friday evening until Sunday. I find it incredibly difficult.
    oh god me too. every guy i've dated seems to expect we'll hang out most of the weekend. spending the whole weekend with one person drives me nuts... unless we're just in the same place doing our own thing and not talking, but even then, it's not ideal.

pirate, i feel ya. i actually worry that i'll never be able to live with someone because of my introversion. the presence of other people for too long is really grating, even if i love them. i think i need to find a similarly introverted dude who shuts himself up in a different room 80% of the time hes home lol
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Quote Originally Posted by lolz@yourface View Post
    oh god me too. every guy i've dated seems to expect we'll hang out most of the weekend. spending the whole weekend with one person drives me nuts... unless we're just in the same place doing our own thing and not talking, but even then, it's not ideal.

pirate, i feel ya. i actually worry that i'll never be able to live with someone because of my introversion. the presence of other people for too long is really grating, even if i love them. i think i need to find a similarly introverted dude who shuts himself up in a different room 80% of the time hes home lol
    Ew I am so glad that hasn't happened. **** that. I am about to start a new job as an RA/TA for some high school kids doing pre-college at my university, which means I am going to be required to spend most of my time sleeping in a dorm, I am kindaaa pumped about it. I like sleeping with him, its just I also like sleeping alone. And it isn't about sharing a bed being annoying, its just having another person around ever is annoying to me.

I can spend a max of ehhh 16 hours at someone elses place before I want to die or go home, and that's only if 7 or 8 of them are spent sleeping. I am afraid of that too. One of my friends was all, "when you meet the right guy blah blah" and I am gonna have to agree with you: the right dude is an introvert who spends 80% of the time he's home alone pursuing his own interests and not talking to me.

We're still in an early enough stage of dating that I feel obligated to pay attention to him when he's here. But hopefully we'll progress to "you go hang out over there by yourself plz" He's not clingy or needy at all about my time. So that's good.

Not like that loser dude I dated who wanted to spend every second with me. Ew.

Tip: Find a guy who has a lot of hobbies that can be done at home. My bf and I live together and he spends most of his time outside in the garage (he has a workshop set up in there, he's currently building a boat and he fixes up dirtbikes/quads) or in the backyard. I have the house to myself most of the time and if I want to see him then I go outside/call him in. Works out nicely. Right now I'm sitting on the deck and he's in the backyard doing something with his boat trailer. He's busy so I haven't even talked to him in like an hour. It's nice haha
    GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Blog Entries

that was a good thing about rob. we'd be doing our own thing in each others presence. like be in the same room on our computers. or i'd be crafting and he'd be reading a book. your bf needs to get an indoor hobby lolol

I mean yeah, my favorite friends are those with whom I can sit quietly for hours with, and it's fun and normal. I need quiet time and I wouldn't be able to date somebody who didn't respect that.

Am I the only person that's not like that? lol I wish I could see him every day and do if I can and we're really bummed at the fact that we have to wait another year until we can move in with each other.
    I know the feeling of wanting space with people because I get that feeling when I've spent too much time with some of my friends but I haven't felt that way with my boyfriend yet.

I'm like the polar opposite of you haha, I would probably go crazy if I only saw my boyfriend 3 days a week on a regular basis. But I enjoy spending time with him, I love seeing him and hearing his voice every day. But mind you I am used to seeing him everyday so on the occasions when we don't, I realize 10x more how highly I rely on his companionship. Him, on the other hand, would be totally fine just seeing me 3 days a week I think lol. I'm way needier than him.

i see my bf 3 days a week. i would like to see him every day and i think he would like the same. prob not spend the entire day with him every day cuz by that time we will both be doing 9-5's anyway. but i'd like to sleep with him each night and be able to spend evenings/weekends with him.
    Thanks a whole... lot.

I need my own space and alone time. But not a lot of it. I'd just like to get away from him and go to the gym, or read. I've been spending more time with my bf lately...and it's been pretty great. So I'm starting to not really be picky about alone time lol

The bed thing...I seriously will need a king sized bed...cuz oooooomg I can't share lol. I move a lot in my sleep and get into just weird positions lol. But you do get used to sleeping with someone.
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

I guess I'm 50/50 on this. I spend 6/7 days with my boyfriend and I love spending time with him, but sometimes I think were together to much and I just need my space to relax and catch up on sleep and such. He's the same way. Sometimes i wish I only saw him three days a week because I'd defiantly miss him more but I still love being able to spend all the time I want with him too.