Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    DoTheDamnThing Guest

Hypothetically speaking...

Say you had an ex boyfriend who you had a ridiculous history with. You haven't talked to him in a couple years. Said ex lives in an awesome place that is super fun to visit, like your favorite place in the whole world. One day he pops up and suggests you come visit and he'll split your plane ticket with you and give you a place to stay making it virtually free for you to go. Do you do it?

Quote Originally Posted by DoTheDamnThing View Post
    Say you had an ex boyfriend who you had a ridiculous history with. You haven't talked to him in a couple years. Said ex lives in an awesome place that is super fun to visit, like your favorite place in the whole world. One day he pops up and suggests you come visit and he'll split your plane ticket with you and give you a place to stay making it virtually free for you to go. Do you do it?
    Define "ridiculous history". Is ridiculous bad?
    Maybe I'll be the lucky one that doesn't get burned.

DoTheDamnThing Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by DollFace View Post
    Define "ridiculous history". Is ridiculous bad?
    Haha I guess ridiculous would include really good and really really bad. I have no ill feelings toward him, it was a long time ago.

Hellllll yesss! Well I would feel bad for taking advantage of his money but if you put that aside I would still go. I also have one of those exs with a ridiculous history with so I understand your position.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

yup lol
    I don't like pickles

NONONONO. i really hope you're not talking about your psycho ex...
    Thanks a whole... lot.

Probably not, though it's hard to say without knowing specifics. But I would definitely question why he'd be willing to put forward that money.
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Strawberrie Guest
    Only if you plan to have sex with him. I mean he probably genuinely wants to hang out, but he wouldn't pay and all that jazz unless he was trying to get it in. Personally I wouldn't.

No. I'd feel like a prostitute. He's only paying half your ticket so you'll sleep with him. Even if you didn't sleep with him, there's that awkwardness of pushing off/ignoring advances. That could make even the most fun place on Earth not somewhere you want to be
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingPony View Post
    No. I'd feel like a prostitute. He's only paying half your ticket so you'll sleep with him. Even if you didn't sleep with him, there's that awkwardness of pushing off/ignoring advances. That could make even the most fun place on Earth not somewhere you want to be
    i feel like since it'd be an ex he'd be more interested in rekindling the relationship than just sleeping with her though. why buy a girl a planeticket for sex when you can buy a girl some drinks for the same thing ..

i would go i think, if i were single and it had been long enough that whatever history between us didn't hurt anymore. and if i would ever consider getting back together with him, even just a little bit. maybe my obsession with travelling makes me biased though lol

Quote Originally Posted by whiteoleander View Post
    i feel like since it'd be an ex he'd be more interested in rekindling the relationship than just sleeping with her though. why buy a girl a planeticket for sex when you can buy a girl some drinks for the same thing ..

i would go i think, if i were single and it had been long enough that whatever history between us didn't hurt anymore. and if i would ever consider getting back together with him, even just a little bit. maybe my obsession with travelling makes me biased though lol
    I can think of a few. The most notable would be that once you buy a girl drinks, she leaves the next day. You have someone stay over for a few nights, there will be a lot more chances for repeated relations during that time
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

Quote Originally Posted by DoTheDamnThing View Post
    Haha I guess ridiculous would include really good and really really bad. I have no ill feelings toward him, it was a long time ago.
    I feel like this is the psycho ex you mentioned on that thread on the dating board. If so, NO, ABSOLUTELY NOT. If it is someone else who didn't mind fuck you for years on end, then MAYBE. I'd go if it was a guy friend I didn't have anything but a platonic history with. Otherwise, it's asking for trouble.
    Maybe I'll be the lucky one that doesn't get burned.

I wouldn't go if I had to rely on him for both my plan ticket and a place to stay. 1. He's not willing to pay for half of your plan ticket and provide you with a place to stay just because 2. If you two get into it, you're **** out of luck.
    |formerly; precious_6290|

"Faith without work is dead."

If it's that same dude that played games with you for years, DO NOT GO. I don't think any of us can stress that enough. It doesn't matter if it's your favorite city, I'm sure he could find a way to forever taint that city in your mind.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

no. because it's obvious he has ulterior motives. no one pays for half a plane ticket to just catch up innocently over coffee.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.