Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    I would not post any of those things on Facebook.
    ~Lacey~

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
    You are my only one
    I'd let go, but there's just no one, no one like you
    You are my only, my only one

I'm breathing in your skin tonight, quiet is my loudest cry. I would not want to wake the eyes that make me melt inside. And if it's healthier to let you be, may a sickness come and set me free. Kill me while I still believe that you were meant for me.

Probably only the first one. I posted about my two knee surgeries, mostly to let my friends and family know how they went. That was years ago, though.
    "Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!" Kaylee-Serenity

Some girl on the street asked if i was saved yet. I told her I saved at the checkpoint a couple minutes back and can reload from there if I die. She was confused.

1. You find out you have an illness, but it's not life threatening but you will need surgery. Do you update your facebook?

Possibly, but I hate medical care and would feel worse if everyone made a big deal about it.

2. You find out you have cancer and you only have X number of months to live. Do you make a status or write about it?

No, nobody on fb do I talk to regularly. People I have regular contact with would know. I wouldn't want people to feel sorry for me and what not.

3. You have have become wheelchair bound for the rest of your life. Do you tell facebook? Or wait til you are one day tagged in pictures in your wheelchair?

Wait til theres pics I guess. idk I may say something, don't want people to feel sorry for me and junk.

4. Your pregnant and you didn't post much about the pregnancy but all your friend know. At 7 months you have a miscarriage. Do you post about it?

I think it would be obvious without posting, not sure. Word of mouth may do the job, if people ask I would tell.

5. You get attacked/mugged/assaulted/etc. and you have to go to court. Do you look to facebook for support?

No

6. You were in a car crash. Do you post about it? What if the other person died? Does that change your answer?

No, not unless nobody was hurt and I want people to feel sorry for my car.

7. You were wrongfully fired from your job. Do you make an angry status about it?

They probably don't even know where/if I work.

I'm not that into facebook, I check it daily, but I don't say much. If I have something people will think is funny I may share.

Blog Entries
    1. You find out you have an illness, but it's not life threatening but you will need surgery. Do you update your facebook?
    I have no clue... I might post that I need surgery, but it depends on the illness and whether I feel like posting about it. But I'd prob only make one status... not a series of statuses about my day to day progress.

2. You find out you have cancer and you only have X number of months to live. Do you make a status or write about it?
    Depends on how I'm feeling... I feel like the pity would pull me into a deeper depression. Plus I'm not best buddies with everyone on my profile [I have 200 fb friends, still a high number.]

3. You have have become wheelchair bound for the rest of your life. Do you tell facebook? Or wait til you are one day tagged in pictures in your wheelchair?
    I would probably bitch about it in a status.

4. Your pregnant and you didn't post much about the pregnancy but all your friend know. At 7 months you have a miscarriage. Do you post about it?
    I probably wouldn't be able to post about the miscarriage.

5. You get attacked/mugged/assaulted/etc. and you have to go to court. Do you look to facebook for support?
    I was assaulted, and I posted it on fb as a warning to all my female fb friends [since people around here don't think of that spot as a bad area.]

6. You were in a car crash. Do you post about it? What if the other person died? Does that change your answer?
    I have no clue.

7. You were wrongfully fired from your job. Do you make an angry status about it?
    If I was fired I would probably be too embarrassed to post about it. But if I quit I'd make a happy status about it!
    banshee (ˈbnʃiː, bnˈʃiː)
    n
    (in Irish folklore) a female spirit whose wailing warns of impending death

Probably no to all. If I did post something about those, it would be very vague so only my close friends would know...like the miscarriage thing. I'd probably post a sad face or something.
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

No.

No.

Ooo...I think still no.

No.

Maybe.

No.

No.

I'm just not a facebook status person. I don't like bringing attention to myself...I use to write statuses like quotes hahaha, but naw...not anymore.
    My facebook is private unless you are my friend. And I log on a lot of times during the day.
    "You go through so much information in the couse of every day. But it's up to you how you interpret it." - Cassie Ainsworth.

1. You find out you have an illness, but it's not life threatening but you will need surgery. Do you update your facebook? the night before the surgery i may post something like, "surgery tomorrow, hope it goes well!"
    2. You find out you have cancer and you only have X number of months to live. Do you make a status or write about it? i wouldn't make a status. i would tell close friends in person
    3. You have have become wheelchair bound for the rest of your life. Do you tell facebook? Or wait til you are one day tagged in pictures in your wheelchair? i think i might post about that one just because it would be obvious and i wouldn't want to surprise people..
    4. Your pregnant and you didn't post much about the pregnancy but all your friend know. At 7 months you have a miscarriage. Do you post about it? no, i wouldn't post that. i would tell the people i told (which wouldn't be very many) in person...not something i'd wanna post
    5. You get attacked/mugged/assaulted/etc. and you have to go to court. Do you look to facebook for support? maybe individual people through chat
    6. You were in a car crash. Do you post about it? What if the other person died? Does that change your answer? i did when i had a car accident, just was like "just got in a car accident and am lucky it wasn't worse" and no i would not if the other person died
    7. You were wrongfully fired from your job. Do you make an angry status about it? nope
    I don't like pickles

No to all

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    No to all. I don't post personal things on facebook. I remember when my dad got sick people asked my family and I on facebook how he was. I just thought it was a little tacky. If you care, call.
    Absolutely.

I probably would post something about every one of those, because usually I just post however I'm feeling, but not necessarily discussing the circumstances that motivate those feelings. It's just nice to get a little bit of support from people you care about but don't necessarily communicate with on a regular basis.
    You know, I wouldn't be posting "had a miscarriage ", more like "life is so unfair sometimes. make me feel better please". If I got fired I'd be all "I hate people." If I got mugged I'd definitely go "I HATE PEOPLE". In the end, if someone takes any of it seriously they'll ask privately, and if not, I still may get the words of wisdom from great people I never talk to.
    Love like you've never been hurt and dance till dawn like you've just been born.

I wouldn't update my status for any of those things.
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingPony View Post
    I posted about my tonsillectomy.
    Oh yeah, me too. But I just wrote something silly like "see ya later tonsils" So maybe to number 1? Idk.
    Alexithymia is a term coined by Peter Sifneos in 1973 to describe a state of deficiency in understanding, processing, or describing emotions. It's pronounced uh-lecks-uh-thigh-me-uh.

"An intellectual is a person that's found one thing more interesting than sex"- Aldous Huxley

If I have a really bad ass scar from the surgery, I might post up a picture, but I wouldn't be like, "MAN I HAVE AN ILLNESS, GONNA GIT MY GUTS TAKEN OUT"

Nope. I wouldn't want to disclose that to anyone.

Wait 'til they tag me uppp.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.

Nope.
    stop whining. Make life your bitch.

I honestly wouldn't post in any of those scenarios. I've realized that facebook is just a way to stalk people (basically). The only people that need to know things like that, I would tell in person or via phone. No need to let the internet know. I used to post EVERY little thing on fb, but not anymore. If something cool happens, then I'll post. But I try to refrain from super personal things any more. Once I posted about how I had horrible cramps. Never again! I can't believe I did that..
    иισℓє
    ι ℓσνє уσυ
    ♪Jlly ster rrt♪
    RIP Mom - I love you. (11.11.1957-08.19.2008)

♥I used to have 25,000+ posts, until JB pruned the boards.♥

Dnomla Allinav Guest
    I would probably post after my surgery complaining about any pains or setbacks.

For the miscarriage one, the only reason I would possibly write a status is to let people know so that I dont get people asking me on my wall "So how's the pregnancy going?" or things of the like that would make me upset everytime they got asked. But I'd probably write that I didn't want any sympathy or "I'm sooo sorry" posts and that I was just letting everyone know to get it out of the way.

I would maybe post about being mugged, not assaulted or attacked though.

The rest, probably not.