This is based on something I saw on tv recently and something I saw on facebook today. Here are a couple scenarios. Post whether you would update your facebook page/facebook status or not and why. Also feel free say how much of a social networker you are, like how much you post, if you post a lot of personal things, how often you log on or how many people you actually talk to on facebook and if your profile is public or private.
1. You find out you have an illness, but it's not life threatening but you will need surgery. Do you update your facebook?
2. You find out you have cancer and you only have X number of months to live. Do you make a status or write about it?
3. You have have become wheelchair bound for the rest of your life. Do you tell facebook? Or wait til you are one day tagged in pictures in your wheelchair?
4. Your pregnant and you didn't post much about the pregnancy but all your friend know. At 7 months you have a miscarriage. Do you post about it?
5. You get attacked/mugged/assaulted/etc. and you have to go to court. Do you look to facebook for support?
6. You were in a car crash. Do you post about it? What if the other person died? Does that change your answer?
7. You were wrongfully fired from your job. Do you make an angry status about it?
It's interesting to see how people today value the internet and social networking sites. I feel like I see people posting a lot of what I would call 'dirty laundry' and extremely personal things on facebook when they're profiles are set to public or when they have over 1,000 friends.
And of course this can be interchanged with Twitter or any other site where you post a lot. Even a blog.