Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Liars

Hybrid View

Liars

I feel like I'm always ending up in relationships with boys who lie to me; sometimes they lie about big things, sometimes little things. In my most recent relationship, I can count on one hand the number of times I lied to him, and eventually I came clean about each and every one of those things. He, on the other hand, has lied to me more times than I can count on fingers and toes, and I am still sure he hasn't told me everything. That's over now, so I guess I shouldn't care.

My question is this: What have you lied about in relationships? Why? And what lies have you caught him in? How much dishonesty have you taken in a relationship before you called it quits?
    Maybe I'll be the lucky one that doesn't get burned.

I have had more of a history with guys omitting certain details about a story, details that would obviously change my opinion of the situation. Female friends, for example....when they aren't just friends....but they are girls who he has been in madly in love with for years but he didn't have a chance at dating them so he has always kept them around as friends just in case. I told him that I can tell exactly who is just a friend and who means more to him just by the way his voice and complexion changes when he mentions their name.

Honestly, I can't think of any times I lied to my exes. Some were shady in a few situations, but none were perpetual liars - that or they were very good at not getting caught.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorMissAshley View Post
    I have had more of a history with guys omitting certain details about a story, details that would obviously change my opinion of the situation. Female friends, for example....when they aren't just friends....but they are girls who he has been in madly in love with for years but he didn't have a chance at dating them so he has always kept them around as friends just in case. I told him that I can tell exactly who is just a friend and who means more to him just by the way his voice and complexion changes when he mentions their name.
    That's really shady of him, and pretty disrespectful of you if he's serious. Have you discussed this issue?
    monicaacinom: I'm distraught that you aren't a nihilistic Hi-C drinker.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorMissAshley View Post
    wow i would be livid. i hope he has stopped this...

my bf has never lied to me. i did withhold some things from my bf about my past because he acted judgemental about sleeping around and i didn't want him to judge me or think less of me. i just never wanted to talk about it. and if he asked me if i'd ever done things, sometimes i'd lie and say no. i kept things from him because it was MY past and i felt like it wasn't any of his business, and he would pry sometimes and i felt really scrutinized. eventually this all came out... literally 100% of it. now he knows EVERYTHING. it really hurt his feelings that i lied, but in the end now that he knows everything, it made us a lot closer. i've never lied to him about anything else and i never will. i just lied about my past because i was afraid he would look at me differently. i definitely didn't like keeping things from him. i wanted to be open but i was afraid to. i feel so much better now that we're totally open with eachother.
    Thanks a whole... lot.