Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Himym

Himym

How I Met Your Mother.

Thought on episode 24?
    Were you surprised to see Robin in the room?

I was told this was the very last episode. Yet I now see there are some sites saying it was picked up for season 8.
    I'm not sure how I felt about Robin and Barney ending up together. At first I was annoyed/pissed. Robin had been off & on so much with Ted and him that I lost track. And then when Ted asked if Barney was ok if he tried things again with Robin and Barney said it was fine. It seemed sincere, like he was completely over Robin.

Clearly I'm far too invested into some silly TV show

well you should've known it wasn't the last episode ever, the last episode would have had to reveal the mother (obviously lol). it had already been picked up for season 8 when season 7 started I think.

I kinda like Barney and Robin together so that part was okay with me, and I wasn't surprised because of the flash forward saying the bride wanted to talk to Ted all season. But I was annoyed that they opened up the Robin and Ted thing again this season, that was unnecessary and overdone, if they had gotten back together I would have been really mad lol. I was also unimpressed with the Victoria thing. they should probably wrap it up next season, its not nearly as good as it used to be. I don't know that it will continue too much longer, in the star wars episode where they looked 3 years ahead ted had a baby, so that limited them as to how long they could keep dragging it out.

Quote Originally Posted by Crystαℓ View Post
    well you should've known it wasn't the last episode ever, the last episode would have had to reveal the mother (obviously lol). it had already been picked up for season 8 when season 7 started I think.

I kinda like Barney and Robin together so that part was okay with me, and I wasn't surprised because of the flash forward saying the bride wanted to talk to Ted all season. But I was annoyed that they opened up the Robin and Ted thing again this season, that was unnecessary and overdone, if they had gotten back together I would have been really mad lol. I was also unimpressed with the Victoria thing. they should probably wrap it up next season, its not nearly as good as it used to be. I don't know that it will continue too much longer, in the star wars episode where they looked 3 years ahead ted had a baby, so that limited them as to how long they could keep dragging it out.
    When they rode into the sunset I assumed it was Ted's future wif. But come to think of it now, I didn't hear Bob Saget say, "and that's how I met your mother".

Robin and Barney lost themselves in the relationship once. They became overweight and realized it in that dinner window. I don't see how the second, third, or any other time would be any different

HIMYM used to be one of the best shows ever, now it sucks hardcore. But I still watch it every week, haha.

But yeah, I knew it would be Robin. The writers have just gotten so predictable.

I'm hoping next season will be the last. We'll definitely know the mom by next season because Ted meets her at Barney's wedding. I'm sure they'll drag it out so the wedding isn't until the season finale though, so we have to go through yet another season with all that Barney/Robin stuff while Ted is in the background acting like a doofus even though he's supposed to be the main character.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

Here's what I'm thinking- He refers Robin to his kids as, "Aunt Robin", so maybe Ted's wife ends up being one of Robins sisters?
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingPony View Post
    Here's what I'm thinking- He refers Robin to his kids as, "Aunt Robin", so maybe Ted's wife ends up being one of Robins sisters?
    He calls the whole gang aunt or uncle.

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingPony View Post
    I think she only has one sister and Ted is like 10 years older than her and they've already met. Does Barney have half-siblings? If it's anyone's sibling, I think it'll be his. Then she'd still be Aunt Robin.

This is kind of a good theory though. Yeah, he might call everyone in the group aunt or uncle, but that could just be to throw us off. Hmm.

Quote Originally Posted by Joy View Post
    I think she only has one sister and Ted is like 10 years older than her and they've already met. Does Barney have half-siblings? If it's anyone's sibling, I think it'll be his. Then she'd still be Aunt Robin.

This is kind of a good theory though. Yeah, he might call everyone in the group aunt and uncle, but that could just be to throw us off. Hmm.
    I have actually heard that it could be Barney's half sister Carly, but I think that's just a random theory with no real basis other than the fact that she could be at the age where she would have been in Ted's class the first day he taught.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    I have actually heard that it could be Barney's half sister Carly, but I think that's just a random theory with no real basis other than the fact that she could be at the age where she would have been in Ted's class the first day he taught.
    This is my theory and I'm calling it now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    Ted also mentioned he *almost* met their mother on the night he spent with that one Rachel Bilson girl who was his student (correct me if I'm wrong). Her room mate could have been Carly
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    Barney has a half sister? Since when?
    Yea he refers to Lilly and Marshall as aunt/uncle.
    Although now that we know it's Robin and Barney's wedding, we can assume she's a mutual friend/relative of one of them. So maybe we have heard of/seen her before. unless she's the caterer or something.
    If Ted's wife ends up being a caterer, that'll piss me off. Lol. It seems too simple.
    But... Ted DID date a girl who made cupcakes. Maybe she'll make some kind of an appearance and the person he meets will be connected to her somehow

Yeah the Carly one seems plausible but seems just too easy. Like it won't be a surprise to the audience. Plus, Barney hasn't even met Carly himself yet, so something will have to happen before the wedding to warrant her being invited. Maybe another heartfelt episode with his dad.

I read an interview that they weren't sure whether it will continue after season 8 'cause we'll have all met the mother. I think it will carry on, they'll be making way too much money on it to end it now.

I'm glad barney and robin get together. I was so shocked when she chose the therapist guy over him!

Does anyone else hate Marshall and lily as a couple ? I love Jason Segal and think he's ruined by this character
    Bazinga!

We still don't know how we got from being engaged to stripper to marrying Robin. So my guess is that we'll have another flash back and the season finale will be the full wedding, where he meets her. I think it's totally his half sister, the more I read about it.
    I also read an interview with one of the creators that said they didn't want the huge mystery to be who she was, but how they met.
    On more "Mother" hints: "We stated for the record exactly where Ted is going to meet her, which is this wedding. I feel like what we're hoping for is to somewhat nullify the "Who is she?" and make it more about "How does Ted get to this wedding?"
    Hasn't this ship already sailed? We already know how they met so of course people are going to be more intrigued about who it is! Lol they haven't gone about the whole mystery thing very well
    Bazinga!

We still don't know how we got from being engaged to stripper to marrying Robin. So my guess is that we'll have another flash back and the season finale will be the full wedding, where he meets her. I think it's totally his half sister, the more I read about it.
    I also read an interview with one of the creators that said they didn't want the huge mystery to be who she was, but how they met.

Which makes sense since the IMDB message boards have been on board with that theory for a while now.

Someone also made an awesome point that Barney's dad was a roadie and was musicale. We know the mother was in a band. She could have inherited that from their father. It would be a cute little clue. It would actually make everything pretty perfect and make the writing brilliant. I almost like it better now that I think I know who she is.
    Yeah that doesn't make any sense, hahaha. How he got to the wedding? He's the best man. He's gonna be lonely and desperate like always and hit it up with the first girl that makes eye contact that is decent looking.