Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 43
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    7,574
    Blog Entries
    14
    a girl i went to school with met this guy over the internet and they dated for a very long time and now they just recently got engaged. shes 20 and he's like 32 though. she lives in canada and he lives in the states somewhere lol they've finally met last year sometime
    "until you shout, common world! i'll have you for breakfast!"

    "we're gonna bust outta here one day sweetie"

    "i'm as baked as a potato"
    "that's such a sterotypical island thing to say"

  2. #17
    kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I was watching some special about internet relationships gone awry and some woman had a bf online for like 6 months or so... the woman was married... anyways, she comes to find out her "bf" was actually a girl.. whrn she found that out she "dumped" her... the internet bf/gf ended up murdering the actual husband.
    that's crazy.. but you take that same chance when meeting anyone, really. (i know that may not have been your point but im just saying)
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Same here.
    I was in a cyber relationship my freshman year of high school. It was my first real relationship, and my first real love. I still miss talking to him... We talked all day every day on the phone for months, it ended because he couldn't keep it in his pants and wait for me. But still- the bond we formed was undeniably strong. After he cheated all his friends [who became my friends] called me up and begged me to take him back because apparently he felt so guilty and wouldn't stop talking about me...
    In the end, it didn't work out for me. We had a great relationship though. We wrote each other letters a few times a week, he mailed me presents, we talked on the phone for hours, we "watched" tv together [the same channels/shows are on across the nation, we'd tune into the same channel], we mastered phone sex.... all in all, it was amazing. One of the best relationship experiences of my life.
    awwwh, that is super cute! you guys don't talk anymore?

  3. #18
    Join Date
    May 2009
    Posts
    1,001
    i used to think it was total bull and not "real", but now i know a lot of people that have perfectly legit, loving relationships with people they've met online. they skype and they call each other and they send each other packages and stuff. and i mean, i certainly have real friendships with people i've met on tumblr.
    LAUREN!

    "its not that i don't know what i'm supposed to say, but there's no border patrol in my head that says which words should leave or stay unsaid."

  4. #19
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Posts
    2,409
    i "dated" some guy online when i was 13-14 for 8 months or so. i really liked him but then again, i was a retarded 13 year old. i wouldn't do it again because i like having sex and going on dates in the real world lol.

    "cyber" friends are fine though. i've had a few online friends (met one) that i was/am closer to than most of my friends irl.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

  5. #20
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    3,199
    Blog Entries
    11
    Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post

    awwwh, that is super cute! you guys don't talk anymore?
    Not really... I haven't spoken to him in months. I quit talking to him on a regular basis about the same time I got my recent boyfriend [aka 3 years ago] but I hear from mutual friends that he was a bad seed anyway. He got in trouble with the police, he "raped" a girl and got her pregnant, now she wont let him see the kid... It's too bad to hear how he turned out, but his family life was really messed up so I can't say I didn't see it coming.
    I'll always remember the relationship as my first innocent love... it's a happy memory even though it ended up like this.


    Edit: So many people I know have met their significant other online nowadays.
    My boyfriend's older brother met his wife on match.com.
    My boyfriend's younger brother met his current girlfriend on pof.
    My sister met her boyfriend on okcupid.
    banshee (ˈbænʃiː, bænˈʃiː)
    — n
    (in Irish folklore) a female spirit whose wailing warns of impending death

  6. #21
    kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by banshee View Post
    Not really... I haven't spoken to him in months. I quit talking to him on a regular basis about the same time I got my recent boyfriend [aka 3 years ago] but I hear from mutual friends that he was a bad seed anyway. He got in trouble with the police, he "raped" a girl and got her pregnant, now she wont let him see the kid... It's too bad to hear how he turned out, but his family life was really messed up so I can't say I didn't see it coming.
    I'll always remember the relationship as my first innocent love... it's a happy memory even though it ended up like this.


    Edit: So many people I know have met their significant other online nowadays.
    My boyfriend's older brother met his wife on match.com.
    My boyfriend's younger brother met his current girlfriend on pof.
    My sister met her boyfriend on okcupid.
    oh wow, sorry to hear that.

    and yeah i agree completely, meeting people online is so common now a days. i swear like 2 in 3 people have a pof account and have met people on there irl and stuff. just goes to show how much technology is bringing us all together aha

  7. #22
    For friendships it's okay.
    But it would be like one of us getting together and never meeting, it's odd.

    I just don't get it, sure you can like what someone says, but when you feel and touch someone, sleep next to someone, kiss someone, hold someone, flirt with someone in person, touch their arm, hold their hand, only then do I think you can truly love/know them.
    Its not denial.
    I'm just very selective about the reality I accept.

  8. #23
    http://www.gamebanana.com/threads/72792

    Pretty much sums up why I prefer real life relationships.
    Thinking: the talking of the soul with itself.
    ~Plato


    Our Little Angel,
    Francesca
    December 9, 2011
    RIP

  9. #24
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    735
    Blog Entries
    1
    i think those stories are dumb.. technology is more advanced now. we have skype etc.

    i've met a few of my online friends and they were pretty much exactly how i expected them to be. i felt like they were old friends i hadn't seen in awhile.

    my boyfriend and i met here, we talked as friends for like 3-4 years. we met 3 years ago, within half an hour we were makin' out and he told me he loved me right after that. i felt like i'd known him for years. i never told anyone coz they'd have roleld their eyes but we're still together so in yo face bitches

  10. #25
    kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherealistic View Post
    http://www.gamebanana.com/threads/72792

    Pretty much sums up why I prefer real life relationships.
    yeah but i don't think she's *necessarily* referring to people who go on roleplaying websites or games like WoW and date that way. in my opinion, if you start crushing on someone over the internet, you should make sure they are actually a legit person. skype, webcam, even adding them to facebook can be a good way to find out if they are a legit person (if you know what to look for).
    Quote Originally Posted by Bug View Post
    i think those stories are dumb.. technology is more advanced now. we have skype etc.

    i've met a few of my online friends and they were pretty much exactly how i expected them to be. i felt like they were old friends i hadn't seen in awhile.

    my boyfriend and i met here, we talked as friends for like 3-4 years. we met 3 years ago, within half an hour we were makin' out and he told me he loved me right after that. i felt like i'd known him for years. i never told anyone coz they'd have roleld their eyes but we're still together so in yo face bitches
    awh that's cute!

  11. #26
    Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    yeah but i don't think she's *necessarily* referring to people who go on roleplaying websites or games like WoW and date that way. in my opinion, if you start crushing on someone over the internet, you should make sure they are actually a legit person. skype, webcam, even adding them to facebook can be a good way to find out if they are a legit person (if you know what to look for).

    awh that's cute!
    I said I PREFER real life dating over internet dating. It's a reasonable preference. Some people can find real love online, but they're responsible about it. There is an enormity of people, and personal friends who I know, that have gone about online relationships in the worst way imaginable. I lost a best friend because she chose her online boyfriend--who she's "dated" for 2 years--yet never met in person (and probably won't)--over other people in her life. She's lost sight of her priorities, and while I understand that there are people who have a good balance when it comes to these sort of things, her immaturity in the whole situation has given me reason to hold a distinct preference for in person relationships over online ones.
    Thinking: the talking of the soul with itself.
    ~Plato


    Our Little Angel,
    Francesca
    December 9, 2011
    RIP

  12. #27
    kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherealistic View Post
    I said I PREFER real life dating over internet dating. It's a reasonable preference. Some people can find real love online, but they're responsible about it. There is an enormity of people, and personal friends who I know, that have gone about online relationships in the worst way imaginable. I lost a best friend because she chose her online boyfriend--who she's "dated" for 2 years--yet never met in person (and probably won't)--over other people in her life. She's lost sight of her priorities, and while I understand that there are people who have a good balance when it comes to these sort of things, her immaturity in the whole situation has given me reason to hold a distinct preference for in person relationships over online ones.
    oh wow i'm an idiot, for a second i forgot you made the thread... oops

    but i'm sorry your friend turned out to be that way. while that does happen in some relationships, that's not necessarily the case for others. it's understandable you'd feel that way though, i probably would too if that happened to me

  13. #28
    Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    oh wow i'm an idiot, for a second i forgot you made the thread... oops

    but i'm sorry your friend turned out to be that way. while that does happen in some relationships, that's not necessarily the case for others. it's understandable you'd feel that way though, i probably would too if that happened to me
    You're not an idiot. And, yeah. I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bitter about the whole situation, but you live and you learn. I have a friend whose sister met her husband online. Obviously, things worked out beautifully for them because they are now happily married. I suppose I am guarded against cyber relationships because I do not know many people who have handled them with maturity or honesty. While there are plenty of people in real life relationships who are quite immature themselves, the anonymity that the internet provides--and the distance--creates even more complications than one would normally have in a tangible relationship. That's pretty much why I made this thread. I was and am still interested to see how other people view this subject. It's a good way for me to stay open-minded, as I expected opinions from both sides.
    Thinking: the talking of the soul with itself.
    ~Plato


    Our Little Angel,
    Francesca
    December 9, 2011
    RIP

  14. #29
    kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Etherealistic View Post
    You're not an idiot. And, yeah. I'm not going to lie. I'm a little bitter about the whole situation, but you live and you learn. I have a friend whose sister met her husband online. Obviously, things worked out beautifully for them because they are now happily married. I suppose I am guarded against cyber relationships because I do not know many people who have handled them with maturity or honesty. While there are plenty of people in real life relationships who are quite immature themselves, the anonymity that the internet provides--and the distance--creates even more complications than one would normally have in a tangible relationship. That's pretty much why I made this thread. I was and am still interested to see how other people view this subject. It's a good way for me to stay open-minded, as I expected opinions from both sides.
    that's true. i tend to group all relationships together as one though, cyber relationships, long distance relationships, standard ones, etc. some people do handle the cyber ones very immaturely but i've seen a lot of people be extremely immature in relationships where they see each other every day or even live together. to me, it's all up to the people in the relationship.

    i'll admit trusting the guy (or girl) in that particular kind of relationship is harder. because you really don't know what they do when they're not talking to you. i'm lucky that the guy i was in one with wasn't like that, and i trusted him fairly quickly. i did over-analyze a lot of things and i don't think i would have done that if we were able to see each other in person, so yeah, it definitely sucks in that sense.

  15. #30
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Posts
    417
    I don't understand how you could have a relationship with someone purely online, but I do understand meeting someone online. I met my ex online. We were efriends for about 3 years, then we met in real life and dated for 3 years. I like sex/kissing too much to have an online boyfriend and I'm surprised that other people could deal with that.

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:32 PM.