Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

lush bar shampoo/conditioner

has anyone ever used it? would you recommend it?

I can't find it on the site, but I've used their bar shampoo for blondes. It didn't do any harm, but I wouldn't bother with it again. It's kind of cool as a novelty, but...meh.

i'd be using them on my trip, since they would pack smaller and be less likely to leak in my bag than their liquid equivalents.

i'm mostly curious about the conditioner. i think the shampoo will be fine. i'm probably going to go for it anyways since it can't be too bad.

I'm not sure exactly what you are talking about, but if it is a shampoo bar (like a bar of soap) your hair will go through transition. Shampoo strips oils out of your hair, this will not, but your hair could take a few weeks to adjust and look greasy and gross. This is supposed to be better for your hair and more natural, but be prepared.

I don't know about a conditioner bar. When I've read about people using shampoo bars or just washing hair with a bar of soap, they rinse with a vinegar/water solution to remove soap residue. I've tried that and it was great, vinegar totally worked better for me (than any conditioner ever!), but I have not been patient enough with shampoo bars.

I had one of their shampoo bars, can't remember the name of the scent off the top of my head - but it really dried my hair out.
    nowtheworldisreal.tumblr.com