Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mother's Day

Mother's Day

What are you doing/getting your mom for Mother's Day?

edit..it's on the 13th here in the US
    I don't like pickles

kayt Guest
    i got her a watch, 2 things of nail polish, and a decorative sign to hang in the house somewhere (assuming it will go in the kitchen because it goes with the theme). i also got a cute box to put everything in (besides the sign because it's too big ahaha). i may also offer to make dinner that night, or babysit my siblings in case my parents wanna go out.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorShoeboxOfLies View Post
    When is it?! I'm a terrible daughter. Haha.
    I think its today... Apparently Im a terrible daughter too haha.

Im working today which is going to be busy as hell. My mom wants me to come home and garden and redo our front lawn for her though. She says shes wants to help me but I think she'll just be in the way haha. We might go to a nursery today but we've been planning to look at plants anyways so its not a Mothers Day thing.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sideout View Post
    I think its today... Apparently Im a terrible daughter too haha.

Im working today which is going to be busy as hell. My mom wants me to come home and garden and redo our front lawn for her though. She says shes wants to help me but I think she'll just be in the way haha. We might go to a nursery today but we've been planning to look at plants anyways so its not a Mothers Day thing.
    i thought it was a week from now? DAMN WE SUCK

edit: googled, yup it's a week from today

octopus Guest
    I freaked out when I saw this then I remembered it was in march over here, phew
    I got her a card?? I was short on money and she understood.

sorry, it's on the 13th!! didn't mean to scare you guys haha
    I don't like pickles

My parents just got a new house and are in the process of moving currently, so I'm going to get her a $100 gift card to home depot. I'm going to get my dad one, too, because his birthday was this week and I didn't get anything lol. I guess I'll go over there and hang out or whatever.

I kept thinking it was today all week because I was inundated with Mother's day commercials all over the place all week. I had to double check a few times.
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Me and my sister are making brunch at my house, and we are inviting my bf's mom because they are friends.

I'm trying to think of something else to do too. My bf's mom really wants my olive oil soap, and so does my mom, but that won't be a surprise or anything.

im running at 10km race with my mom and sister. my mom is ecstatic, she's an avid marathon runner so this is a dream come true for her haha.

i'm just cooking my mom a nice, simple breakfast (pancakes, omelet, bacon, possibly some fruit and coffee). i know she'll appreciate it.
    you think you're hot ****, but you're really just cold diarrhea.

my mom's kinda hard to buy for. i'm thinking a gift card to get her nails done (or hair, but she gets her nails done like weekly) and flowers and a nice card. i feel like i always get her that but she's kinda hard to buy for. i'd cook her breakfast except she doesn't eat very much... lol.

same for my grandma. she really doesn't need anything, but she always likes to get her nails done.
    Thanks a whole... lot.

I asked my mom because I never have any idea what to get her lol. She wants a scarf and/or earrings so I guess that'll be it. Probably make breakfast in bed for her too.
    Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

Blog Entries
    My mom's not around. I may call her though. It's more likely I'll forget though. We don't get along so I'm really not compelled to get her anything. I may try to get my boyfriend on board to take my grandmother out to lunch sometime that week though.
    <3~11.21.2010~<3

Proud to be a MASS-HOLE.

\m/(>.<)\m/
    ROCK ON!

I am finally going to finish the suede jacket I've been making for my stepmom.
    And my mom I will probably make another youtube video for her, or get some photos printed, she loves both of those things haha.
    "A light in the middle of the f***ing sky! yeah, that's brilliant!"

"Maybe, just maybe, he was an English teacher. Learn to spell and he'll go away!"