• Menstrual Cups

8 12.31%
  • Other? (Post below)

2 3.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What do you prefer?

Pads, Tampons, Menstrual cups? Just curious. I myself only use pads, but one the Always Infinity kind, I was sold after my cousin took one and poured half a Dr.Pepper into this thing and it was so absorbent. Hahaha
    "A light in the middle of the f***ing sky! yeah, that's brilliant!"

"Maybe, just maybe, he was an English teacher. Learn to spell and he'll go away!"

I use a cup. I wish I started using it earlier because I started using it when I started my bc and I barely have a period anymore.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRE6c6ntrg

Quote Originally Posted by turtle View Post
    I use a cup. I wish I started using it earlier because I started using it when I started my bc and I barely have a period anymore.
    I've been tempted to look into the cups, they seem pretty awesome! But I don't know if I would like it or not since I don't like tampons. I always have issues with tampons hahaha, I think I'm just not inserting them correctly or something.

"Maybe, just maybe, he was an English teacher. Learn to spell and he'll go away!"

kayt Guest
    my flow is usually pretty heavy for the first few days and i find tampons aren't very absorbent for me, so i use pads for the first couple of days then switch over to tampons when it's lighter. i prefer tampons over pads, it just sucks i can't wear them through all of my period

Quote Originally Posted by FreakOnALeash View Post
    I've been tempted to look into the cups, they seem pretty awesome! But I don't know if I would like it or not since I don't like tampons. I always have issues with tampons hahaha, I think I'm just not inserting them correctly or something.
    what kind of issues are you having? if you're inserting the tampon correctly, you honestly shouldn't even feel a thing. make sure you're relaxed and try pushing the tampon up on an angle. i suggest using the plastic applicators because they're smoother and go in a lot easier. your vagina will naturally 'push' it out a little bit so make sure you keep pushing it in until nothing but the string is hanging out. i tend to keep pushing it up a bit more after i know it's in because like i said, the vagina will push it out a bit more. if you can feel pressure inside you when you get up and walk around, you probably didn't put it in all the way.

tampon advice with kayt 101

I use tampons. I'm not really a fan of the way pads feel. Before I started BC, I used to switch between pads and tampons because my flow was so heavy. Thankfully now it's so light, I can go an entire period using light tampons.

I really want to try a cup though! I've been reading up on them lately, and I'm intrigued.
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

Tampons. I still have a pack of pads that I bought over four years ago. That's how often I use them.

Not gonna lie, I totally judge people who refuse to use tampons.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

cup. Its the best. Never going back.
    stop whining. Make life your bitch.

Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    my flow is usually pretty heavy for the first few days and i find tampons aren't very absorbent for me, so i use pads for the first couple of days then switch over to tampons when it's lighter. i prefer tampons over pads, it just sucks i can't wear them through all of my period

what kind of issues are you having? if you're inserting the tampon correctly, you honestly shouldn't even feel a thing. make sure you're relaxed and try pushing the tampon up on an angle. i suggest using the plastic applicators because they're smoother and go in a lot easier. your vagina will naturally 'push' it out a little bit so make sure you keep pushing it in until nothing but the string is hanging out. i tend to keep pushing it up a bit more after i know it's in because like i said, the vagina will push it out a bit more. if you can feel pressure inside you when you get up and walk around, you probably didn't put it in all the way.

tampon advice with kayt 101
    I think I'm just putting it in wrong, or using the wrong size maybe? Also, I don't like the way it feels when it's in, which like you said, probably means it's in wrong haha, since I can feel it, it doesn't hurt or anything, but it's obvious that there is a tampon in there, and I can feel it. It bugs the **** out of me and I have little patience hahaha, so pads it is, I can't even feel the pads I use because they are so super soft and amazing.
    http://meninmenstruation.files.wordp...superwings.jpg
    Seriously, best pads ever, I refuse to use any other type of pad until one comes along better then this one.
    Hopefully I can get the tampon thing down sometime though since it's summer and I LOVE swimming.

kayt Guest
    I think I'm just putting it in wrong, or using the wrong size maybe? Also, I don't like the way it feels when it's in, which like you said, probably means it's in wrong haha, since I can feel it, it doesn't hurt or anything, but it's obvious that there is a tampon in there, and I can feel it. It bugs the **** out of me and I have little patience hahaha, so pads it is, I can't even feel the pads I use because they are so super soft and amazing.
    http://meninmenstruation.files.wordp...superwings.jpg
    Seriously, best pads ever, I refuse to use any other type of pad until one comes along better then this one.
    Hopefully I can get the tampon thing down sometime though since it's summer and I LOVE swimming.
    those holes and stuff make me paranoid!! wouldn't that leak? D:

seriously, try tampons again and take my advice. you will fall in love!! and yeah exactly, i hate wearing tampons to the beach though cause i'm paranoid as fawwwwk and think people will somehow see the string or i'll leak etc

Definitely tampons over pads. I don't like sitting in a puddle of blood all day. I've never tried a menstrual cup but sounds pretty gross to me.
    ~Lacey~

Here I go, scream my lungs out and try to get to you
    You are my only one
    I'd let go, but there's just no one, no one like you
    You are my only, my only one

I'm breathing in your skin tonight, quiet is my loudest cry. I would not want to wake the eyes that make me melt inside. And if it's healthier to let you be, may a sickness come and set me free. Kill me while I still believe that you were meant for me.

Quote Originally Posted by kayt View Post
    those holes and stuff make me paranoid!! wouldn't that leak? D:

seriously, try tampons again and take my advice. you will fall in love!! and yeah exactly, i hate wearing tampons to the beach though cause i'm paranoid as fawwwwk and think people will somehow see the string or i'll leak etc
    Haha, noooo, It;s kined on the bottom with plastic like all other pads, the holes are basically there so it absorbs the blood super fast so you aren't walking about feeling all squishy and gross. Hahaha.
    I would be super paranoid about leaking in a tampon. I've never leaked with these pads.

Quote Originally Posted by Joanne View Post
    Tampons, but I am curious to try menstrual cups. But they just sound so unbelievably gross.
    I'm curious too, don't seem gross to me, it's just more a matter of, are they better than tampons?

kayt Guest
    Haha, noooo, It;s kined on the bottom with plastic like all other pads, the holes are basically there so it absorbs the blood super fast so you aren't walking about feeling all squishy and gross. Hahaha.
    I would be super paranoid about leaking in a tampon. I've never leaked with these pads.
    ahh okay, that's cool then.

and yeah you have to be careful with tampons, which is why i only wear them during the end of my period. i used a tampon before when i was like 16 and it was supposed to be extremely absorbent and i leaked while walking to the bus. had to run all the way home and change -___- you could always wear a pad or pantyliner underneath the tampon if you're paranoid!

I'm curious too, don't seem gross to me, it's just more a matter of, are they better than tampons?
    I use one and I think it is so much better. I have a heavy flow and I can go maybe 6 hours or more without emptying it, when I soak through a super tampon in 3 hours. If your flow isn't heavy, you may be able to go 12 hours without emptying it.

Also, it saves money. Costs maybe $30, and I think they last 10 years. But you have to get a bigger size after having a baby.

Tampons have bleach and god knows what else, the cup does not, and it does not mess with your ph balance.

And the environment! Save the trees! And the landfill! Chicks use like 17,000 tampons in their life.

Tampons. Pads make me feel really gross. I've never tried a cup, but I'd like to some time.

Blog Entries
    Only pads. I'm not in the habit of changing of my pad very often because of flow and absorbency (Always Infinity FTW), so if I bothered with tampons I'd be at possible rick of TSS. I also just don't like the feeling. I have been thinking about the cup, but I'm not entirely sold on it yet.
    <3~11.21.2010~<3

Proud to be a MASS-HOLE.

\m/(>.<)\m/
    ROCK ON!