Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tablets

tablets

Anyone have a tablet?
    What kind?
    How much did it cost?
    Did you get a 3G data plan to go with it?
    Is it worth it?

My boyfriend has wanted a tablet to use as a digital portfolio for a while now, and I mentioned that I wouldn't mind bringing a tablet to Europe instead of my laptop since it will take up less space/is lighter/etc. so we might get a tablet that I can use for 3 months and then will be his when I'm home. The problem is I know so little about them because I always assumed I wouldn't want one so I haven't paid any attention to what is out there. He kind of wants an iPad just because he has an iPhone and iMac and apple has never been good about cross-compatibility but I have always gotten the impression that apple overcharges for everything and we could get something else with the same features but half the price. We will obviously do more research before we buy but I just wanted to see if anyone here has any experience with tablets before I start snooping the rest of the internet.

I have a Blackberry playbook and I have to say it's the best thing I have every bought. For the last 3 years I've been travelling back and forth from uni to home or from home to my bf's and have been dragging my laptop around everywhere I go and having a tablet has cut out that extra weight and inconvenience. I would definitely recommend a playbook to anyone. It doesn't have 3G unfortunately so if you don't have access to wifi it's pretty crappy. You can however tether it to your phone (doesn't have to be a blackberry) and use your phone's internet.

It's amazing for internet browsing, using the word/excel/PDF functions and playing games to pass time. You can also download android apps from the blackberry app world!
    Bazinga!