Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    kayt Guest

for the attention of: girls with straight ass hair

my hair is super straight (and thick) so naturally, curling it is a chore for me. i find the best way for me to curl my hair is to do the pin curl method (tying up your hair in bobby pins when its wet and waiting for it to dry, usually over night). i would like to know what methods you girls use to curl your hair & how you get it to stay curly (especially if you're using a curling iron).

Same boat, girl! I've never heard of that pin method you posted, I'll have to try that!

I would look up letsmakeitup1 on youtube, she has some good hair curling tips.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

i use one of those clampless curling irons and those are the only ones ive ever had any results with
    my hair is super thin, though
    I don't like pickles

I have no advice, my hair is naturally wavy.. however your thread title lead me to believe you were talking about hair on your ass. It made me laugh.
    I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Almost Famous

kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr. Drakken View Post
    Same boat, girl! I've never heard of that pin method you posted, I'll have to try that!

I would look up letsmakeitup1 on youtube, she has some good hair curling tips.
    ok i shall look her up i find beauty gurus to be really all the same though
    Quote Originally Posted by MonitorShoeboxOfLies View Post
    Another way to do pin curls is to curl the hair with the curling iron, unravel it in your hand (so it curls up in your hand), then pinning it in place for around an hour. Make sure to put mousse in your hair when you dry it and curls hold best on dirty hair. If you have oily hair, use a dry shampoo to soak up any oil on the roots (plus it'll help give some texture to your hair, which can make the curl last). Take all the pins out of the curls, flip your head upside down, shake the curls out, spritz with hairspray, and scrunch up the curls to your scalp when the hairspray is still damp to push it more into the hair than usual.
    that sounds like a lot of effort LOL or maybe i just read it too intensely
    Quote Originally Posted by ilovepickles11 View Post
    i use one of those clampless curling irons and those are the only ones ive ever had any results with
    my hair is super thin, though
    oh i've seen those around on youtube, they look super cool.
    Quote Originally Posted by decorus. View Post
    I have no advice, my hair is naturally wavy.. however your thread title lead me to believe you were talking about hair on your ass. It made me laugh.
    AHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAHA I SNORTED LIKE A PIG

Okay, Im probably not the one to give advice because I have no problems with curls but what I did for my friends is after I curl them with a curling iron I pin them up and wait until its cooled down completely. Then I hairspray and take them down. It lasted the whole night of dancing and getting all sweaty so I guess it helped. It also helps if your hair is slightly dirty, like the day or two after you've washed it.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

kayt Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by sideout View Post
    Okay, Im probably not the one to give advice because I have no problems with curls but what I did for my friends is after I curl them with a curling iron I pin them up and wait until its cooled down completely. Then I hairspray and take them down. It lasted the whole night of dancing and getting all sweaty so I guess it helped. It also helps if your hair is slightly dirty, like the day or two after you've washed it.
    oh that's a good tip, thanks