Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Hybrid View

How long did your love last?

After a break up, at what point did you stop loving your ex? Were you in contact with him? I'm in the same circle of friends as my ex and we're gonna try to stay friends, but i'm a little worried it's gonna delay the amount of time it'll take me to stop loving him/having feelings for him. What are your experiences?

from my experience, you never really stop loving them, it just eventually stops being in a romantic way. Last summer my ex boyfriend and I broke up and we were together for a year and we had the same group of friends too. At first I found other thins to do when my friend's went to hang out with that group of guys but my ex started seeing someone new and i really liked her and I ended up seeing one of his best friends and we ended up double dating a lot and everything was fine. I just stopped loving him the same way i did. Its hard but now that your out of the relationship you'll probably start seeing things differently and it will eventually change over time.

I was with my ex for 15 months, we broke up in December I haven't spoken to him since because it ended really badly but I still think of him all the time. He was my first boyfriend so I don't think my feelings will ever completely go for him.

Honestly, real quick after I didn't love him. But he also treated me like **** and was crappy about the relationship for a few months before we officially broke up. There's nothing like hearing "I cheated on you the night after our 2 year anniversary and then again a few days later" to make your love leave.
    It is the techno way.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    Honestly, real quick after I didn't love him. But he also treated me like **** and was crappy about the relationship for a few months before we officially broke up. There's nothing like hearing "I cheated on you the night after our 2 year anniversary and then again a few days later" to make your love leave.
    wow im sorry, what a total tool. that's awful to do and say to someone you love. i dont think its gonna be like that with us, we broke up because we need to be on our own, neither of us were ever bad to the other. we had a really respectful relationship and a respectful breakup

Quote Originally Posted by Ashley View Post
    I dated my last boyfriend for 2 and a half years. We didn't speak for about 8 months, then we started slowly talking again. We eventually met up and chatted, and it wasn't until then did I realize that I didn't love him anymore. He wasn't the guy that I had constructed him to be in my head. The whole time I was mourning someone who just wasn't there anymore. We haven't spoken since, because I don't see a need to.

I think it would be easier for you if you just spent some time apart from him. It's easier then talking all the time.

you're soo right, but its just not possible with our group of friends. and okay, maybe a part of me doesnt want to stop talking to him/loving him....

I still have some sort of love for every guy I've ever loved ... if that makes sense. I feel like if you truly love someone, a part of you (however small) always will.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    I still have some sort of love for every guy I've ever loved ... if that makes sense. I feel like if you truly love someone, a part of you (however small) always will.
    im afraid of always loving him. im also afraid of a time when i dont love him. its confusing, i wanna move on and feel okay, but im afraid to move on and rule out getting back together.... its just complicated and awful

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    i agree with this, but you definitely get to a point where you don't care if you're ever with them again. you move on to a new chapter in your life without them in it. loving someone just isn't enough to make them a compatible lifetime partner for you. i think for me it was about 3 years later when i could finally accept it and move on in this sense. i still have dreams about my ex sometimes- i wonder what that means?
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

Quote Originally Posted by DollyGirl* View Post
    I was with my ex for 15 months, we broke up in December I haven't spoken to him since because it ended really badly but I still think of him all the time. He was my first boyfriend so I don't think my feelings will ever completely go for him.
    This, except March. We dated on and off for 6 years, he was my first everything, and the reason I kept going back is those little dormant feelings that never left. I don't long to have him back this time at all, though. I think about him a lot but I don't know where I stand on my feelings, really. Like if something really bad happened to him, I'd probably still be there for him. I dunno. I'd be fine with never talking to him again. I would definitely never date him again, this time is really FINAL in my mind... unlike the last three times lol.
    Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I am not living.

nobutreallyguys.tumblr.com, yo