Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

What do you do with your spare time?

Lately all I do when i'm not in class or work is sleep, watch TV or spend hours on the internet. I've only noticed it lately but when I think about it, I've never really done anything else with my free time. But I'm getting bored, and frustrated with it now and I'm starting to panic because i'm taking a gap year and worried that I won't be able to find anything to do.

So yeah, what do you do when you aren't working or in college?

i'm the same way. it's sad because i feel like my life is going by and i'm not doing anything but sitting in class or on the internet. ha
    i wish i had something to contribute to this thread. i think i'm going to start reading again when this semester is over. it's hard to read books during the semester! i also think working out is a good habit.
    I don't like pickles

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorMeisha View Post
    Typical stuff like watching tv, going on the internet, and playing video games lol. Though for the past few months I spend a lot of my free time writing.
    Same here, pretty much...
    One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.

aren't working OR in college? jesus i'd go crazy. i'd most likely end up starting a business out of sheer boredom. i can't not do anything productive for longer than 3-4 days.

in my spare time i usually:
    -read
    -make crafty things
    -drink
    -go for jogs/bike rides/walks
    -do online classes/tutorials
    -lurk message boards and news sites
    -read wikipedia articles
    -talk to people online
    -watch tv
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Quote Originally Posted by dietcoke View Post
    Lately all I do when i'm not in class or work is sleep, watch TV or spend hours on the internet. I've only noticed it lately but when I think about it, I've never really done anything else with my free time. But I'm getting bored, and frustrated with it now and I'm starting to panic because i'm taking a gap year and worried that I won't be able to find anything to do.

So yeah, what do you do when you aren't working or in college?
    Youtube and Netflix, Read, Play Disc Golf, Go Hiking, Swimming, and Canoeing, Re Organize my room/Bathroom, Treat myself to a spa day (Did that today actually), Sew, go out and take pictures, Stumbleupon.com, Cracked.com, Go to the library, Go to one of the 15 or so parks here, Go to the junk/antique stores, go to the "mall" (It's now Tennessee's biggest flea market), Go fishing, Take my little sister out for ice cream or scavenger hunts around town, and other big sister little sister bonding things haha, Hang out with my brother and our friends and my bf. Etc, etc.
    That's pretty much what I do in my spare time.
    "A light in the middle of the f***ing sky! yeah, that's brilliant!"

"Maybe, just maybe, he was an English teacher. Learn to spell and he'll go away!"

I tend to work really intensely on things for 6-7 hours and then take 1-2 hour breaks where I am so burnt out all I can do is surf the internet or watch really mindless television. My job in the summer is totally mindless, so I tend to use my free time for more productive things, like improving my website, drawing, and reading.
    stop whining. Make life your bitch.

internet!

also read, do crafty things, clean out my room/ closet, go to the park, drive somewhere with just my camera and take pictures. sometimes i go to the pet store and stare at fish. and recently, i've been taking the metro by myself into dc to shop and eat and walk around and people watch and go to museums because even though i've been there a million times in my life, it's become my favorite way to clear my head. cities are so oddly relaxing. and the stores are huge.
    LAUREN!

"its not that i don't know what i'm supposed to say, but there's no border patrol in my head that says which words should leave or stay unsaid."

Blog Entries
    i run a small "business" from home and i try to be productive with most of my time. though i am sure to all my friends it seems like i don't do **** coz i'm always online.

i go for a leisurely stroll or bike ride every morning and then take my dog for a walk later on. every afternoon i bike/walk to the post office down the road. sometimes i walk down to the shops and window shop or eat by myself. i usually don't count any of that as exercise unless i have been lazy about my other exercise and want to make myself feel better lolol. sometimes i go play on the playground and try to get mean arms from monkey barring. i go for a run most nights. i also do youtube pilates videos (pop pilates)

i watch A LOT of tv and browse the internet, talk to people, while i make stuff. i make stuff basically all day. then i take photos of it and add it to my site.

i watch movies and tv shows "with" my boyfriend over the internet lol.

it's actually pretty sweet tbh. i like it anyway. but i like being alone.
    though i'm currently trying to lose weight so i can travel so i should try incorporate some more proper working out into that

Cook, clean, research DIY stuff, read library books, Netflix, stock up on ready to cook food (pizzas, baking mixes, bread dough, whatever I think of), cut coupons, grocery shop, make new cleaning products, soap, dishwasher/laundry detergent. Maybe do artwork. I'm a homemaker can you tell?

I used to read but I can't afford to buy books and I know I have a really huge fine on my library card.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

I used to sit around watching TV or wasting time on the internet (still do occasionally) but now I try to exercise, go for walks, read for pleasure rather than school, clean, go shopping, bake, etc. Obviously some hobbies are better than others...

Blog Entries
    read, run, watch Lost, watch the OC, lay out (if it's sunny) lurk/post JB, stare at my FB news feed, shop, cook, play nintendo 64, go out/party
    Alexithymia is a term coined by Peter Sifneos in 1973 to describe a state of deficiency in understanding, processing, or describing emotions. It's pronounced uh-lecks-uh-thigh-me-uh.

"An intellectual is a person that's found one thing more interesting than sex"- Aldous Huxley

Blog Entries
    I'm only taking classes two nights a week next semester and I'm completely baffled as to what I will do with my spare time because its quite a big jump from my course load now (five classes and a research project and working). As it is, I don't really sleep. Sometimes I'm awake for 48 hours at a time. Summer looks so freaking good.

Starting in June I'm going to be working full time. I'm going to finally learn how to play my guitar, finally read all the books I've been wanting to read, actually go to the gym more than just once every other week, catch up on all the tv shows I've missed (not being able to afford cable sucks), make up for all the partying I've had to turn down this semester due to my stupid research project, and lastly, try my hardest not to waste endless hours on facebook, twitter, tumblr, pinterest, and jb. hahaha
    http://michellyyyy.blogspot.com/

run, workout, hang out with friends, shop, cook, bake, watch tv, go on the internet, read.. lots of stuff

yeah, i'm guilty of spending a lot of time on the internet too.
    apart from that.. reading, gaming, watching movies & tv. oh, and i'm going to start growing vegetables soon. should be fun~