Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Face Routine

Face Routine

What is your face routine like, and what products do you use? As well as your skin type (oily/dry)

Mine is not working for me anymore, I think it's the climate lately. Just wanted to see what people recommend.

I use Aveeno Ultra Calming cleanser (which contains feverfew) to wash my face.
    Then I moisturize with Aveeno Ultra Calming Moisturizer (also containing feverfew).
    I mix some of this tea tree oil in with the moisturizer. (I like to use that tea tree oil because it has also has Vitamin E and Aloe along with other oils that are great for your skin).
    Then for spot treatment or any blackheads I use benzoyl peroxide or salicylic acid.

Works like a dream. My skin is very clear.
    Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

I have pretty oily and acne prone skin, but it's gotten better since I went on a gluten free diet.

Most of the time it is like this:
    Wash face with pure olive oil bar soap (I make it)
    Pat dry, apply thin layer of coconut oil when skin is still damp
    Done

On days I work I wash normal, use Neutrogena moisturizer for combination skin (I don't do coconut oil before makeup, probably could though it's a bit greasy). And then I do makeup, or apply my prescription peroxide cream that absorbs oil. I work at 3am so usually no makeup, just the cream, because I don't give a crap.

Every week/ as needed I exfoliate.

When my skin looks shiny, I use witch hazel or a tea tree oil astringent I make. I also wash my face 3 times a day, since I moisturize and use gentle wash my skin never gets too dry.

Quote Originally Posted by AbbieHoffman View Post
    3lab perfect cleanser....LOVE this stuff
    Salicylic toner from dhc
    that's it in the mornings and then at night -
    I take off my makeup with DHC deep cleansing oil which I really love, I put on toner again and then an olive oil moisturizer

I wish I 'd realized how awesome extra virgin olive oil is for skin earlier.
    That's interesting you use oil for moisturizer too. I used to do olive oil, it was nice, but my oily skin didn't need something so heavy.

My skin is both dry and oily (ugh) and I'm prone to acne. so my skin basically sucks lol.

I use Spectro Jel cleanser for acne-prone skin to wash my face.
    Then I usually use an exfoliant for my flaky skin, like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or some Olay crap right now.
    Then moisturize with Olay Complete Moisturizer w/ SPF (for combination skin). Love it because it doesn't make my skin feel greasy.

I don't even use acne spot treatments anymore because I'm really cheap. I've been on birth control for a while and it's helped my skin A LOT.
    Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

at night i use rosewater to clean my face and then put this lotion called "skin trip" on it
    in the morning i clean with witch hazel, then put on some skin trip.

i guess my skin is a little more oily.. but i consider it just normal.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRE6c6ntrg

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingGun View Post
    My skin is both dry and oily (ugh) and I'm prone to acne. so my skin basically sucks lol.

I use Spectro Jel cleanser for acne-prone skin to wash my face.
    Then I usually use an exfoliant for my flaky skin, like St. Ives Apricot Scrub or some Olay crap right now.
    Then moisturize with Olay Complete Moisturizer w/ SPF (for combination skin). Love it because it doesn't make my skin feel greasy.

I don't even use acne spot treatments anymore because I'm really cheap. I've been on birth control for a while and it's helped my skin A LOT.
    We're very similar!
    I have combination sensitive skin that is prone to mild acne.

My routine is very simple: Spectro Jel cleanser and Olay Classic Moisturizer for Sensitive Skin in the mornings and evenings. When I'm going out in the sun, I also use Neutrogena face sunscreen.
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

My skin is just oily in the t-zone.

I use Yes To Tomatoes Daily Scrub when I'm in the shower, I got it at Walmart. And the Body Shop's Shea Butter (very little bit, because it's thick) for a lotion because my skin was actually getting dry. I switch face soaps every month or so though. I have to keep changing the acne stuff. My face likes to get accustomed to acne washes.

I did use St. Ive's Apricot Scrub for a few days last week. I forgot how much I liked that stuff.

my skin is dry

i exfoliate using bert's bee's peach and willowbark scrub
    i moisturize using st ive's collagen elastin facial moisturizer
    i take off my makeup using neutrogena wipes in the blue container
    I don't like pickles

My skin is a mix between combination and really oily... it's a lot more oily through the t-zone, but my cheeks tend to get pretty oily sometimes, too. I'm decently prone to acne, especially if I'm stressed/eating like ****/etc.

I use Clean & Clear Advantage Acne Cleanser (works wonders on my skin, I love it), and then moisturize with Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion. When I exfoliate, I just use sugar because a) I don't have the money for a real exfoliant, and b) it works just as well haha.

I used a 3 or 4 dollar Life brand acne cleanser once (literally ONCE - one wash was all it took) just to hold me over until I got the $18 for the aforementioned cleanser... worst mistake of my life. It would've been one thing had it not worked, but it completely ****ed my skin. My skin was raw and dry and sore and flaky and... oh my god, it was some of the worst pain I've ever been in. I couldn't believe it. It was like that for about two or three days but it felt like years. Needless to say, I haven't complained about my extremely oily skin even once since then hahaha. The stuff I use now is the only cleanser I'm not afraid to use because I know it won't harm me haha.

Pointless story, my apologies.
    "I always tell the girls, never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, just go to the record store, and visit your friends."
    - Penny Lane [Almost Famous]

☮ ♥ ♫