Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: goldfish

goldfish

can you keep them in a bowl without a filter?
    LAUREN!

"its not that i don't know what i'm supposed to say, but there's no border patrol in my head that says which words should leave or stay unsaid."

Yep, goldfish and guppies.
    It is the techno way.

kayt Guest
    yeah but they probably won't live long.

I've had the same goldfish and guppy living in my bowl for a year and a half. And I don't even treat them well.

They aren't supposed to live forever or anything, but having them in a bowl will not be the cause of death.
    It is the techno way.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    I've had the same goldfish and guppy living in my bowl for a year and a half. And I don't even treat them well.

They aren't supposed to live forever or anything, but having them in a bowl will not be the cause of death.
    awesome. thanks!
    LAUREN!

"its not that i don't know what i'm supposed to say, but there's no border patrol in my head that says which words should leave or stay unsaid."

You can but you just have to change the water more often than usual so they can live longer. The bowl itself wont make it die but what the bowl does to the water quality will make them sick and die. They actually grow really big too (about a foot long) so you might want to think about getting a tank if it outgrows the bowl. A lot of people think that goldfish dont live long but they can live in a tank for 10 years and outdoors for 20 if only they were kept properly (the oldest goldfish was 40+ years). My boyfriend is a marine fish hobbyist so I've picked up a lot of things from him and a lot of other fish experts I've met.

For reference I had a 10 gallon tank for one fish with a filter and an oxygen pump coming from the bottom but it still died from poor water quality. It was sick but I couldnt cure it in time :[
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]