Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Which job should I take?

Last summer I worked at a restaurant, Genghis Grill, and I absolutely loved it. When I went home a few weeks ago I talked to the manager about getting my job back and I pretty much can. Before that though, I applied to Uno's And the manager called back asking to set up an interview. Assuming I get the job there, which one should I accept?

I loved the environment and people at Genghis, plus on Friday and Saturday they only stay open till 11pm so I'd still have my weekends. At Uno's however, they stay open till 1am. The only plus side about working there is that I would make more money. But that IS a really big plus.
    Ladies of JB, what would you pick?

I want to say Genghis. The hours and the seniority and the fact that you know what you're doing are big perks to me. You could hate everything about Uno's... hmmm. That's hard though. How much different is the money?
    It is the techno way.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    I want to say Genghis. The hours and the seniority and the fact that you know what you're doing are big perks to me. You could hate everything about Uno's... hmmm. That's hard though. How much different is the money?
    Exactly. I already know how everything works and all the employees know each other.

I'm not sure the exact money difference, but at Genghis (a stir-fry restaurant, so your food cost is determined by how big your bowl is) your meal is roughly around $14 for an adult, plus maybe a $6 dessert. Uno's has an an actual menu with food items ranging from $5 to like $25. Just the fact that there's more things to buy means my tip will go up haha.

I would go to the interview and check out how happy the workers look. If you get a chance try to make small talk and see how they react. If they all look miserable, I don't think it's worth the extra money having a miserable summer in between two semesters of school. However if they seem to like their job and the person who interviews you seems like an awesome person then it might be worth it to try something new, meet new people and reap the benefits of more pay.

Are you positive that you'll even be hired as a server at the second place? If they want you to be a host or something I might not bother... not that I've really done either. Kind of depends on how the tipping goes though.