Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Living in a tent/out of a backpack

First off, I bought my ticket to Germany... yay!!!

Has anyone ever lived in a tent or out of a backpack for an extended period of time? Can you give me hints on how to do it?

I'll be sleeping in a sleeping bag for 3 months this summer, 2 months in a house and 1 month in a single tent (that my mom just got me yay!) and will be living out of of my backpack, so only things that I can carry, for all 3 months. We're camping in the backyard of a house during the final month so I'll still have shared access to the bathroom and everything, but I'm going to have to store everything in the tent.

Anyone have hints on how to keep your bag and limited living space organized for 3 months? Or how to make your a tent a nice "home" for a month? I really don't want to have a huge mess all of the time, which was what happened during my last trip because we were in a school and had quite a bit of room for ourselves that I won't get this time. I want my tent to look nice so that it won't be as lonely at nights lol.

I'm stressed about packing because we will be working both outside (last time it got up to 40C and I got burned so badly I still have the marks 2 years later) and inside a cave which they said will be "quite cold - bring warm woolen clothes", and also that it might rain so bring rain gear. ugh i have no idea what my access to laundry will be either :/ ugh.

You need a Divacup!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Health-Beaut...&_nkw=diva+cup

I swear by these things anyway, but they would be great when you don't want to lug around tampons. And you should probably get it soon so you can get used to it, if you're willing to try it.

Quote Originally Posted by Mrs.PotatoHead View Post
    You need a Divacup!

http://www.ebay.com/sch/Health-Beaut...&_nkw=diva+cup

I swear by these things anyway, but they would be great when you don't want to lug around tampons. And you should probably get it soon so you can get used to it, if you're willing to try it.
    I've been curious to try them but I have a retroverted uterus/backwards cervix and my mom said that it gave her some problems with having things fitting correctly (a diaphragm maybe?). I was actually going to do some research and see if I can use my nuva rings like the pill and skip a period or two. My periods are light to begin with so it's not as bad as it could be.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorPooptarts View Post
    I've been curious to try them but I have a retroverted uterus/backwards cervix and my mom said that it gave her some problems with having things fitting correctly (a diaphragm maybe?). I was actually going to do some research and see if I can use my nuva rings like the pill and skip a period or two. My periods are light to begin with so it's not as bad as it could be.
    Oh that stinks, I guess that might make it difficult to use. I really like it because my period is kinda heavy and I can go a long time without emptying it, like you just wash it every morning and night (12 hours), I forget I'm on my period lol. Good luck with that though.

Blog Entries
    Pack things that easily mix and match. You honestly just need enough "real clothing" for 4 days if you do that. Or two (or three if it fits and you tend to be a more picky person) sets of clothing for every condition with interchangable pieces. Bring more socks and underwear than you think is necessary given the undetermined laundry situation. Travel packs of shampoo, etc are your friend space wise, but economically it may be best to get yourself a family size. I get one of the ones from Suave to last me four months or so at school with daily showers. Roll things instead of folding them. Pack with heavier items on the bottom. Zip lock bags of varying sizes are always a good thing. That's all I can think of. I'm going off of what I typically pack for camp, I live out of a single suitcase there.
    <3~11.21.2010~<3

Proud to be a MASS-HOLE.

\m/(>.<)\m/
    ROCK ON!