Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Okay ladies, help a girl out!

I feel like I've posted too many threads about this already, but here's another one anyway! I'm trying to figure out what kind of bra I could wear with my bridesmaid dress. Back view.

I have huge boobs. They're bigger than a DD. I think I'm in a DDD? I don't believe I'm bigger than though. I was looking at this bra from VS, but I can't tell if it would show or not. I've seen some backless bras where they have sticky sides, but idk if that would stay since my boobs are enormous.

Help!
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

The one in the link looks like it would be fine, you could always get it and return it if it shows. I've never tried a backless bra but I'd be worried about it falling off if you're going to be dancing and stuff. Idk. But it would be incredibly awkward if it slipped off haha. I'd try other options first.
    GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Strawberrie Guest
    I like the one you posted. Even if it shows it will still look more flattering than a normal bra would and since you do need the support I think it's your best bet.

I just don't know what to do if that bra does show! And, the size only goes up to DD, but because its a strapless i'm supposed to go one cup size down, aren't i?

I'm going to be getting alterations to my dress, so maybe I should wear the bra there and if it shows at the bottom just have her sew that part up?
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

Wait are you sure those straps are removable in the bra you posted? It says they're convertible but the straps are there in all 5 examples of how you can wear it.
    GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Henry VIII View Post
    Wait are you sure those straps are removable in the bra you posted? It says they're convertible but the straps are there in all 5 examples of how you can wear it.
    You're right :\ VS used to have a low-back bra like that where it had a strapless option though. I thought it was that one, but it might not be.
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

LadyEleanor Guest
    Check out Herroom.com. They have a lot of bras in harder to find sizes. They are great with returns and the shipping is fast. Also, the descriptions of each bra are very thorough, making it easier to shop online with a peace of mind.

Whoever picked out that dress was not thinking about the larger chested sistas, but it is not bad when it comes to bridesmaid dresses.

Quote Originally Posted by Hera View Post
    You're right :\ VS used to have a low-back bra like that where it had a strapless option though. I thought it was that one, but it might not be.
    I didn't even notice the straps at first, it looked strapless in the picture. I think it's a good idea to wear whatever bra you get when you go to get the alterations.
    GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by LadyEleanor View Post
    Check out Herroom.com. They have a lot of bras in harder to find sizes. They are great with returns and the shipping is fast. Also, the descriptions of each bra are very thorough, making it easier to shop online with a peace of mind.
    I want to go in for the fitting in a week though, so idk if i can order offline :\

Whoever picked out that dress was not thinking about the larger chested sistas, but it is not bad when it comes to bridesmaid dresses.
    I chose it! I chose it because this was the only dress i didnt have a ton of cleavage in. I didnt want strapless because I would be yanking it up all night. none of the remaining dresses looked nice on me except for this one.

I didn't even notice the straps at first, it looked strapless in the picture. I think it's a good idea to wear whatever bra you get when you go to get the alterations.
    I just have to find a bra first! eeks! I was stupid thinking it wouldn't be too hard to find a bra.
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

A stickon will NEVER work, I've tried one before, and they dont do anything.

What you posted looks likes the best you could do. I would get it (or something similar) in a flesh colour, and use some pageant dress glue to stick the dress and the bra in place. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by Science_Fiction View Post
    A stickon will NEVER work, I've tried one before, and they dont do anything.

What you posted looks likes the best you could do. I would get it (or something similar) in a flesh colour, and use some pageant dress glue to stick the dress and the bra in place. Good luck!
    I cant use it because it has a strap up top :\

Im thinking of this bra...but all they have is a DD. Are you supposed to go down a cup size when wearing strapless? I heard that somewhere but dont remember if that was good advice or not...

Other than that...maybe when i get alterations they could put cups inside of the dress and hopefully it will be tight enough that i can go without a bra? my boobs aren't saggy, but idk if i'd feel comfortable without a bra.
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

I cant use it because it has a strap up top :\

Im thinking of this bra...but all they have is a DD. Are you supposed to go down a cup size when wearing strapless? I heard that somewhere but dont remember if that was good advice or not...

Other than that...maybe when i get alterations they could put cups inside of the dress and hopefully it will be tight enough that i can go without a bra? my boobs aren't saggy, but idk if i'd feel comfortable without a bra.
    A strapless is supposed to be on the small side, I'd go down a band size. Can you put clear straps onto a strapless or would that show?? I have a bottle of body glue I use for when I wear strapless bras, otherwise I'm hiking them up all night.

I just have to find a bra first! eeks! I was stupid thinking it wouldn't be too hard to find a bra.
    ik I feel like I've seen a ton of strapless bras like that on the VS website but now I can't find any. I wouldn't think it would be very hard either.

Idk about the strapless sizes, all of the strapless ones I have are my normal size. I actually just two from VS like a month ago, a normal one and a strapless one. The band on the strapless one is super tight for some reason, way tighter than the normal one and they're the same exact size. I was actually considering taking it back and going up a band size, but I figured it'll stretch a bit with wear. I'm wondering if they're purposefully making the band sizes smaller on strapless ones. Cause in that case def don't go down a size.
    GO DUKE BLUE DEVILS

Quote Originally Posted by Science_Fiction View Post
    A strapless is supposed to be on the small side, I'd go down a band size. Can you put clear straps onto a strapless or would that show?? I have a bottle of body glue I use for when I wear strapless bras, otherwise I'm hiking them up all night.
    oo I thoguht it was supposed to be smaller in terms of cup-size, not band, haha. It would show. If you look at the back of the dress I believe the back band of the bra would show in the gap in the back. :\

If i find a suitable strapless i might look into getting me some glue.
    ik I feel like I've seen a ton of strapless bras like that on the VS website but now I can't find any. I wouldn't think it would be very hard either.

Idk about the strapless sizes, all of the strapless ones I have are my normal size. I actually just two from VS like a month ago, a normal one and a strapless one. The band on the strapless one is super tight for some reason, way tighter than the normal one and they're the same exact size. I was actually considering taking it back and going up a band size, but I figured it'll stretch a bit with wear. I'm wondering if they're purposefully making the band sizes smaller on strapless ones. Cause in that case def don't go down a size.
    Im going to look into getting a clear bra extender, and then get a bra with a smaller bandsize or something and do that. Its gonna be a huge pain in the butt, but that's the best i've got. I might get like a bandsize 36 or something and then get a clear extender. Woo. Thats basically what that one bra looks like anyway.

I hope that will work out. Ijust have to find somewhere that has them. I'd rather not order them offline because I want to see them before I order them to make sure they will actually lay clear.

edit: Or maybe these? They got good reviews.
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorShoeboxOfLies View Post
    What about wearing the low back bra (one with changeable straps, that is) and then making it so it goes like a halter. That way you can still have the support, but not have the bra show.
    The bra would show up top...the dress isn't a halter.
    -Manda (MonitorGumba).