Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

When did you start to become really self conscious of your body?

This is the first time I have ever been this insecure with my body. All throughout middle and high school, my body was fine, I didn't worry about it, it was just my face I was insecure about.

This really sucks. I used to not have a care in the world what I looked like in a bikini or shorts, and now I avoid wearing shorts at all costs and just wear dresses. Hellll no am I wearing a bathing suit right now.

I have never been this uncomfortable with my body before. I've gained a few pounds, but not nearly enough that warrants this much insecurity. I cringe at having to wear more revealing clothing, and it sucks more because I live near a beach so it's even hotter. I'm constantly comparing myself to other girls.

I made it 18 years without being body insecure. What about you? And what started it?

kayt Guest
    i've always been pretty insecure, but i think it started when i was about 12 or 13. i was teased a lot for how i looked and i had really mean friends.

It came out of nowhere? That's weird..

I was super self conscious middle school to somewhere junior year of high school. I thought everyone thought i was ugly and weird. A lot of friends kind of reinforced that so... I transferred schools and began feeling better about myself from there.

Seriously you're probably fine. Hopefully you get your confidence back haha!
    Meow meow *skritch skritch*

Would you like your possessions identified? Y/N

Quote Originally Posted by Battlemaid_v2.0 View Post
    It came out of nowhere? That's weird..

I was super self conscious middle school to somewhere junior year of high school. I thought everyone thought i was ugly and weird. A lot of friends kind of reinforced that so... I transferred schools and began feeling better about myself from there.

Seriously you're probably fine. Hopefully you get your confidence back haha!
    Senior year of high school my weight was pretty consistent; it fluctuated between 108-112 (I'm 5'2). So I was always pretty slender. Now, a freshman in college, my weight fluctuates between 117-122. This is the most I've ever weighed in my entire life. I've checked BMI calculators and it says I'm still at an average weight, but I guess just the weight gain in general freaked me out lol.

No one's ever told me I was fat or looked bad, so this is all my own thinking. but then again, if my friends did say anything, I'd have some pretty ****ty friends. But thank youu! I sure hope so too lol

7th grade. Before that point i was a twig, literally. I wore like a size 12 kids pants and then from 6th to 7th grade i jumped to a size 7. Puberty hit me hard. lol
    I probably would have been fine with this change, but i had constant reminders from family that i was getting "chunky" so it made me feel bad. I still have to listen to these criticisms from my family. But now i have days where i'll be okay with my body. Surprisingly my boyfriend has helped me a lot with my self confidence.
    -|) 0 R |<-

Tokyo Guest
    When I was 12, I was self concious of my boobs cause they werent growing. Still am lol they never grew to the C cup
    i wanted. When I was 14 I started growing fast, and my hips got wide. I hated it, developed an ED that Ive never been able to shake but I got a lot better around 19. I know I look really good right now Im tall and skinny but its hard to stop hating myself. Ive got good and bad days. Ive never been self concious of my face really.

In grade 6 my best friends told me I had a saggy ugly butt I had no idea what even constituted having a nice butt but I was instantly insecure after that... my butt is still my least favourite part of my body even though it really is fine. They both had older sisters who worried about that kind of thing and my friends picked up on it but I only had older brothers so I was never aware of what body parts needed to look like in order to be "nice". They also got me to worry about how my hair looked all the time since I didn't give a **** at that age. They definitely worried about their looks more than I did but it rubbed off on me in a bad way.
    I'm mostly fine with the rest of my body. I was always involved in swimming in one form or another, and had my NLS/WSI so I've always been comfortable in a bathing suit. I've lost muscle in the past two years so I'm starting to get a bit more worried but nothing that is stopping me from leaving the house or wearing anything.

Blog Entries
    Umm I was really self conscious about my body from ages.... 10 to 19?

10-13 I was self-conscious because I was completely flat chested and wasn't getting boobs (I started puberty late).. and I was embarrassed because I had really big feet in comparison to my height at the time.
    14-19 I was self-conscious because I was tall and skinny and gangly with very minimal boobs and absolutely no rear end.

Now, I'm pretty satisfied with my body (I'm 21). I've filled out a lot in the last 2 years. I think I have the best possible body for my height/frame honestly (by my standards). Sometimes I wish I was shorter, but whatever.
    Alexithymia is a term coined by Peter Sifneos in 1973 to describe a state of deficiency in understanding, processing, or describing emotions. It's pronounced uh-lecks-uh-thigh-me-uh.

"An intellectual is a person that's found one thing more interesting than sex"- Aldous Huxley

I danced from ages 3 to 16, so insecurity came pretty early, maybe 9 or 10. There's a lot of pressure for ballet dancers to stay stick thin. I was always thin, but eventually, I got hips and most of the other girls in my classes didn't. I developed really unhealthy eating habits starting in middle school. I stopped dancing because of a knee injury and started caring less and now I'm 100% content.

I think I was about 6 the first time I looked at myself and thought I was too fat

Mine came early, around elementary school. I had to wear hand me downs from my brother so I was pretty self conscious about my looks.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

Probably in the last 2 years is when I became really self-conscious... I went on birth control and now I'm waaaay not as skinny as I used to be. I used to be like 110 pounds a couple of years ago and now I'm maybe 125-130. Granted, I have nice big boobs but I think my stomach is gross. I gain all my weight there and I just am not comfortable is tight fitting clothes or bathing suits anymore. :/
    Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

Mine started young...6 or 7. Everyone called me puny and I hated it.

Quote Originally Posted by SmokingGun View Post
    Probably in the last 2 years is when I became really self-conscious... I went on birth control and now I'm waaaay not as skinny as I used to be. I used to be like 110 pounds a couple of years ago and now I'm maybe 125-130. Granted, I have nice big boobs but I think my stomach is gross. I gain all my weight there and I just am not comfortable is tight fitting clothes or bathing suits anymore. :/
    How tall are you? I think 125-130 is a good healthy weight.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

DoTheDamnThing Guest
    Middle school through highschool I was really insecure about my body. I weighed myself about a hundred times a day and dropped down and did crunches just as often and threw up pretty regularly.

Now at 22 I'm actually pretty comfortable with my body and I haven't weighed myself in years.