Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

have you or anyone you know, worked a cruise ship before?

i was on stumbleupon and i was reading about this guy who worked on a cruise ship for a little while and got to travel all over these places. i would love to apply to one but it would be such a long shot and i don't know if i would ever leave this tiny island. it would be an amazing experience though.
    thoughts?
    "until you shout, common world! i'll have you for breakfast!"

"we're gonna bust outta here one day sweetie"

"i'm as baked as a potato"
    "that's such a sterotypical island thing to say"

Blog Entries
    a good friend of mine just got back from a six month contract with Carnival. He worked audio/sound. He absolutely loved it and said it was an amazing experience, but he was constantly missing everyone back home.
    http://michellyyyy.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Meshell View Post
    a good friend of mine just got back from a six month contract with Carnival. He worked audio/sound. He absolutely loved it and said it was an amazing experience, but he was constantly missing everyone back home.
    i've been looking at jobs with royal caribbean just for fun and it looks like such a good way to make money since its free living, meals, medical, etc. they want you to be really outgoing though and i can be such a quiet person sometimes. just seems like such a good experience and i'm only 19 and i'm not exactly tied to my current job.
    high chance i'll chicken out and ditch the idea but it's nice just to think about it

I know 2 people who have been princesses/dancers on the Disney cruise line.
    I think I stumbled upon the same thing as you, but any cruise line I looked at after, said you had to be 21 to apply. Maybe I was just looking at sucky ones
    Mikaela.

At my old job there was a guy who had worked for a cruise line. He loved it, and actually made me look into it. I would definately have done it had I was not in school or with my boyfriend.
    The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by starshapedheart View Post
    At my old job there was a guy who had worked for a cruise line. He loved it, and actually made me look into it. I would definately have done it had I was not in school or with my boyfriend.
    i'm really starting to consider it. for most of the job you need a hospitatly(sp) degree thing, which the college i went to, offers it.

Quote Originally Posted by turtlecakes View Post
    i'm really starting to consider it. for most of the job you need a hospitatly(sp) degree thing, which the college i went to, offers it.
    When I was looking (which was 2-3 years ago) you didnt need a degree or anything, you could be a server/front desk kind of person there, which were the jobs I was looking at. But the degree ones prob paid alot better haha
    The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never