Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Anxiety and Weed

For those of you who deal with anxiety, do you/have you thought about smoking weed to help it?

I know weed chills you out, and I feel like I go crazy sometimes for the stupidest reasons, so I recently bought weed, although I haven't smoked it yet. I'm very hesitant too, but I know some people who say it has helped them a lot when they get super anxious, so I'm wondering if anyone here has any experiences.

Have you smoked weed before? Is it legal where you live lol?

I just find this whole question to be slightly odd. But yeah over the summer after senior year I smoked a lot. Almost every day. And when my best friend then and I would fight I'd smoke a bowl to calm myself down. Haha but it can also make you paranoid and freak out so be careful.
    Meow meow *skritch skritch*

Would you like your possessions identified? Y/N

Quote Originally Posted by Battlemaid_v2.0 View Post
    Have you smoked weed before? Is it legal where you live lol?

I just find this whole question to be slightly odd. But yeah over the summer after senior year I smoked a lot. Almost every day. And when my best friend then and I would fight I'd smoke a bowl to calm myself down. Haha but it can also make you paranoid and freak out so be careful.
    I've tried it occasionally, just like a hit here and there at a party. It's not legal where I live, but it might as well be, almost every person I know does it.

kayt Guest
    i have high anxiety and i absolutely refuse to smoke weed. i feel like it would make me a lot worse. plus i've heard of it making people really paranoid and even more anxious.. not sure if that was actually the case but they've told me it happened after they started smoking weed.

It depends on the weed, some will bring you down, and some will bring you up. You should ask a friend who smokes to get you something that will calm you down.

Typically, I find it hard to sleep when I'm high, but I definitely get more relaxed.

It really depends on you. Every person has a different "high". Some people I know FREAK the **** out when they get stoned.

I do smoke to help ease anxiety, but it's definitely not going to fix all of your problems. I tried taking SSRIs for a few years but the side effects were really strong and it was really interfering with my life. Since I switched over I've felt way better and more in control over my life/anxiety problems. If you have any questions you can pm me.

For me, it goes like this:
    1. This is nice
    2. ****, what if cops find me? What if someone smells it? Okay, I'm just paranoid. Smoke more until the paranoia goes away. (If I smoke with other people, I don't get paranoid)
    3. This is niiiiiiiiceeeeeeeeee hehehehehehe

And if I smoke more.....
    4. What the hell is going on? Did I do [insert thing that just happened] or was it I just thinking about it? I've completely lost my perception of time.

I generally don't like smoking with others because I find I can relax and enjoy my high a lot more when I'm alone, rather than trying to focus on the conversation/try to contribute/etc. But I get paranoid for a period of time if I smoke alone.
    Give a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day. Light a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.

weed always makes me way more anxious
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

level of paranoia may be related to how relaxed the laws are around you. people literally walk down the street with a joint past a cop and most of the time nothing would happen; the odd time he might make you put it out. so i have no reason to feel paranoid since i don't do anything even close to that.

of course it's not always about reason, but it could be subconscious or whatever.

Weed makes my anxiety much worse, it makes me super paranoid and anxious. Alcohol is the better choice for me lol.
    Formerly TotalImmortal.

I have alot of anxiety and feel like I'm constantly worrying/anxious/stressing and for me weed really helps me to calm down and just relax/clear my head. I also sleep much better after smoking. I probably only smoke once-twice/week so I still have to deal with my anxiety most of the time, but for those times it gives me to relax its really nice.

obvs not a long-term solution. and it's probs a bad habit that you go to weed every time your upset. i've been there. it's better just to get in the habit of practicing rituals/behaviors that aren't drug induced to calm you down. also after a year of smoking just a lot of pot, it doesn't really seem to have the same effect on me anymore. it's now just a really boring drug. sad.
    ich bin für dich da

I only smoke weed before bed now. It does relax me, but sometimes itmakes.me feel weird. I think going into public is really fun when im stoned. Im never paranoid of cops, i can control myself well. I have walked down the street smoking a blunt an di have smoked an drove / rode many many many times

Blog Entries
    sometimes weed makes me more anxious and sometimes it relaxes me. i've had several panic attacks while high, so i can't support the theory that its a relaxing agent.
    http://michellyyyy.blogspot.com/