Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

What do you put in your oatmeal?

I tried oatmeal for the first time a few weeks ago and I'm in love. I've started eating mine with a little cinnamon and peanut butter mixed in and I want to try different things to mix it up a bit

what do you top your oatmeal with/what do you mix into your oatmeal?

I don't know what kind of oatmeal you use, but I use that cruddy Quaker Oats stuff because I live in the dorms without a microwave so I can make it with just my tea kettle. I don't do it often because I can't afford it/it's inconvenient in a dorm, but I love to put fruit in that stuff. It already comes in fruit flavors, so if I'm eating the banana flavor I like to add actual bananas to it. Yum!

That peanut butter is an interesting idea!
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

I've had plain oatmeal with peanut butter and jam, which I love. But my favourite is the quaker oats maple sugar & cinnamon (I think) flavoured one. SO GOOD
    because no one wants to marry the town bicycle

Raisins and cinnamon
    Nuts
    Bananas
    Any dried fruit you like
    Berries
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Most often just some honey and cinnamon. I put some blueberries and raspberries in last week though and that was also good, but I definitely like honey and cinnamon the most lol.
    I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Almost Famous

OMG so I finally tried adding peanut butter to my oatmeal. SO. FREAKING. GOOD.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

I like to add milk (I eat it plain usually) but sometimes I'll add applesauce or yogurt.

Brown sugar. Mmmmm.
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

I heard coconut oil is supposed to be really good in oatmeal. I haven't tried it myself.
    I pop no style, I'm strictly rude.

kayt Guest
    sometimes i add milk and sometimes i add brown sugar

but i was eating oatmeal earlier and it had almonds and cranberries in it so i didn't feel the need to add anything in it. it was pretty good and it smells amazinggggggg

Quote Originally Posted by hot_pink_underwear View Post
    I heard coconut oil is supposed to be really good in oatmeal. I haven't tried it myself.
    Really? Coconut oil to me has like no taste.

I normally add in some sweetener and a little bit of cinnamon. Sometimes I add a bit of vanilla or some small fruits like blueberries.
    Touch me, touch me, touch me, touch me! I want to be dirty!