Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mad Men

Mad Men

So, for an event at my school, I have to dress up like Peggy from the show "Mad Men". I was wondering if anybody could help me out with my costume.

I can't order anything off the Internet. I have to be able to buy it in stores.

Anything like the following would work:

One.
    Two. (On the right.)
    Three. (Any of these would work.)
    Four. (In the middle.)
    Five.
    Six. (Laying on the ground.)
    Seven.
    Eight.
    Nine. (In the middle.)
    14. (In the middle.)
    16. (On the left.)

If anybody can come up with an outfit based on one of these pictures, I will love you forever. Thanks!
    "Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are."

Get an awkward mid-calf length skirt, and the loosest blouse you can find to tuck in, or any dress of the same length. Maybe a vest as well, or one of those neck handkerchiefs. Really, anything would work as long as it hits you mid-calf.

Quote Originally Posted by monicaacinom View Post
    Get an awkward mid-calf length skirt, and the loosest blouse you can find to tuck in, or any dress of the same length. Maybe a vest as well, or one of those neck handkerchiefs. Really, anything would work as long as it hits you mid-calf.
    The problem is is that I can only find "vintage" inspired dresses online. =/ (Ideally, I would like to wear a dress.)
    "Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are."

Stores Near Me

2b bebe.
    Aeropostale.
    American Eagle.
    Ann Taylor.
    Banana Republic.
    BCBG Max Azria.
    Brooks Brothers.
    Burberry.
    Calvin Klein.
    Charlotte Russe.
    Chico's.
    Coldwater Creek.
    DKNY.
    Espirit.
    Gap.
    Guess.
    J. Crew.
    Jones New York.
    Juicy Couture.
    L.L. Bean Outlet.
    Michael Kors.
    PacSun.
    Ralph Lauren.
    Talbots.
    Tommy Bahama.
    Tommy Hilfiger.
    White House/Black Market.
    Christopher & Banks.
    Victoria's Secret.

Quote Originally Posted by Ayesha S. View Post
    Thank you SO much! =]

Quote Originally Posted by Kthulhu View Post
    you don't have an op shop near you? they're packed with that sort of stuff and cheap too
    There's a Goodwill nearby. I didn't think of that. I should check there too.

liquidxtopaz Guest
    Banana Republic has a Mad Men inspired collection. You could check there?