Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    snowyangel24 Guest

feeling like a failure

All year (or should I say last year!) I've been trying to lose weight, first just about 5 pounds at the beginning of the year and now I'd like to lose a good 10-15 pounds. However, every time I try I fail. I end up binge eating (had this problem for like 2 years now) and not because I'm not eating enough calories on a typical day. I just do it and I don't know why. Then I lose motivation to lose weight and feel terrible about myself and hopeless. Tomorrow I've decided I'm going to go one month without ANY junk food or alcohol because that's my problem. I'm hoping to lose a good 1.5-2 pounds a week. I'm actually really quite scared about this though. I don't want to fail this time as I've done every time, I just have no self control anymore. Well, on my good days I do, but I have days where I wake up with a "fcuk it" attitude and just don't care and eat way too much all day. I really, really want to lose this weight I just feel like such a failure right now and I'm really disappointed in myself. Any advice on how I can do this or similar situations? :/

that sounds tough, i'm sorry
    but i highly suggest you don't cut out alcohol and sweets. that'll set you up for a HUGE binge. try to eat whatever you want if you want to lose weight, but just in smaller portions.

snowyangel24 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamland View Post
    that sounds tough, i'm sorry
    but i highly suggest you don't cut out alcohol and sweets. that'll set you up for a HUGE binge. try to eat whatever you want if you want to lose weight, but just in smaller portions.
    yeah, i've tried eating whatever i want but in moderation, but some days ill just feel stressed or depressed and binge. but im really going to stick with the whole no sweets/alcohol for a month thing, my mom's boyfriend is doing it with me, not to mention i posted on fb how i'm doing it and i got a bunch of "bs/there's no way/ill bet you you can't do it" so that motivated me more and there's no way i can back out of that now lol. in the past when i cut something out i always ended up binging on it, but this time i have support from my mom/her bf and we're all trying to lose some weight so i think it will be easier.

ugh i know exactly how you feel. I've been trying to lose weight and keep it off for eight years. I think where you could be going wrong is how you go about setting your goals. What has helped me is making weekly goals, and trying to reach them, not only does it improve your body and health it also improves your confidence to make these small accomplishments throughout the week. The binge eating sounds emotional to me, what i got from reading your post is that you seem to be really hard on yourself. This could be the case in all areas of your life and you may be comfort eating. You need to find another outlet for these emotions. Hope i helped at all, i'm still battling too :/
    "And there were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven"
    Jack Johnson

SW: 164.7
    CW: 142.2
    GW: 132.1

snowyangel24 Guest
    thanks guys, you're right. the binge eating is usually emotional, like when i'm tired or stressed. ive really been working on staying in tune with my feelings and what it is that's making me want to eat. so ive realized when i start craving sugar, it's usually because i'm tired, and it's when i overeat a bit like one too many slices of pizza that i feel like i ruined it and want to just give up and keep eating or if im stressed. ive gotten better with that. and i'm trying to focus on the small goals..instead of concentrating on the 115lb goal i have in mind, im focusing on 124lbs for monday which will be another pound lost. baby steps!