Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    marianita Guest

so today.. I put avocado in my hair...

So today after work I was pretty bored and started playing with my hair, which i noticed my hair is REALLY DRY.It sucks because I've been trying to grow my hair out for ages, but if its dry it will break easy & not grow as healthy as it should.. So i remember my mom telling me about avocado.. So I got an avocado peeled it put it in a bowl & smushed it til it was a smooth substance & i added olive oil( since it helps for dry skin I though heyyy) I mixed it together & put it on my hair.. not close to the roots but like medium ways down.. Left it there for half & hour.. & showered.. ( when it dried it was kinda hard =0) Then I did my regular routine, wash. rinse. repeat. & my conditioner. & I actually do notice a difference from before. If you have dry hair you should give it a try too =)

I agree with BATG, I used to do avocado, olive oil, an egg and some honey and it does make your hair look nice for a week or so, but if you use coconut oil instead of olive (sometimes I just put coconut oil in my hair, braid it and sleep with it in), you will notice a difference over time that your hair is continually strong, shiny and smooth.
    I always tell the girls never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously then you never get hurt. If you never get hurt then you always have fun, and if you ever get lonely you can just go to the record store and visit your friends. - Almost Famous

Quote Originally Posted by decorus. View Post
    I agree with BATG, I used to do avocado, olive oil, an egg and some honey and it does make your hair look nice for a week or so, but if you use coconut oil instead of olive (sometimes I just put coconut oil in my hair, braid it and sleep with it in), you will notice a difference over time that your hair is continually strong, shiny and smooth.
    How often do you do the coconut oil thing?
    ~up ur ziggy with a wawa brush~
    ~i love my heart let it beat~

http://whimsicalstrays.blogspot.com/
    http://blackblackheart.tumblr.com/

GH - July 2010

Join Date - March 25, 2004

Really, I didn't know that about coconut oil! Where do you find it? I want to try it.
    "Goin' on a year now I ain't had nothin' twixt my nethers weren't run on batteries!" Kaylee-Serenity

Some girl on the street asked if i was saved yet. I told her I saved at the checkpoint a couple minutes back and can reload from there if I die. She was confused.

Albi Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheGeek♥ View Post
    Or use coconut oil because it's the only oil that can actually penetrate into the shaft of the hair to give decent results, so olive oil is just wasting your time.
    Any oil will penetrated into the hair shaft/pores. Argon, coconut, olive, ect

Companion Cube Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Albi View Post
    Any oil will penetrated into the hair shaft/pores. Argon, coconut, olive, ect
    Yeah, just not things like mineral oil, though. I submitted an article about this for class once. Straight chain glycerides work the best.