Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

Allergy or Intolerance?

Pretty graphic details, read if you'd like to help me

[2 years ago I ate some salsa. It was delicious, my boyfriend had some with me. Within 5 minutes of eating the salsa my stomach -the area under my boobs- started swelling. My boyfriend had no reactions to the salsa.
    30 min after consuming the salsa, I started to puke uncontrollably. My vomit was black. I puked for 2 hours. Then I got diarrhea so bad that it was just a clear liquid. That lasted for another couple hours.
    I was unable to lay on my back or side following this scenario. My stomach was so bloated that it protruded past my C-cup boobs.

Someone mentioned that I might be allergic to a spice that was in the salsa... They suggested that I may be allergic to cumin. I know that cumin is in curry. Whenever I eat curry I get diarrhea, but not to that degree. That night with the salsa was so bad I literally thought I was going to die.]

Anyone know what my problem might be?
    I don't know how to find out if it's an allergy... but I never want that experience again.
    banshee (ˈbænʃiː, bænˈʃiː)
    — n
    (in Irish folklore) a female spirit whose wailing warns of impending death

It's hard to say without knowing what else was in the salsa that you may have reacted to. Did you eat anything else that day (or even the day before) that may have caused food poisoning? That seems like a really strong reaction if it is an intolerance. Have you had other types of salsa that didn't bother you?
    What happens in the heart simply happens.