Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Kicking the habit

After many failed attempts to stop drinking pop over the years I am seriously doing it this time and I think with the help of being able to post about it I can do it! I have been slowly taking myself off of it to better my health, same reasons as before but I believe what got in the way of accomplishing this was the fact that I tried to do it without easing in. For me this will be for my health, skin, to keep my nice teeth and to lose a bit of weight!

About me:
    Height- 5'4-5'5
    Current weight- 120lbs
    Goal (with exercising added)- 115
    Skin -I usually have decent skin, with the occasional period break out around my cheek or mouth, but for the past month I have developed a crazy break out all along my cheeks and mouth causing my skin to look very red.

About my problem:
    For the past four years I have been heavily addicted to drinking said stuff, 5-10 cans a a day and I usually a 2 liter would last a day and a half. Even knowing how insanely unhealthy it was for my body would not stop me, I would get amazing ideas on stopping and I would make it a week tops and be right back to it again.

Here we go!:

For the first week I plan to limit myself to 1 pop a day, the rest will be water, pure green tea and cranapple juice, but from then on I plan to have kicked the pop.

Week one:
    Started on Tuesday October 25
    • Tuesday- Drank two glasses of mt. dew | Started cardio
    • Wednesday- Two glasses of the same. | Resting day

Though I broke my one limit rule this is a lot better than normal, I am destined today to not have a single drink because the last of the mt dew in my house was consumed yesterday. I also must keep a reminder on my mom not to bring any home so not to tempt me.

Go you! I've been wanting to stop drinking soda too, but I'm such a Dr. Pepper addict. The one time I did stop, my dad made me start again because we had two cases of Dr Pepper that he didn't want me to waste... I only drink a can or two a day though.

Oh and side note, 120 is pretty thin for your height. I'm the same height and I'm about 135 and I'm pretty thin myself, so I don't think you really need to lose any weight. Healthier eating and exercise are always good, obviously, but you don't want to be underweight either.
    You need m'lovins!

I've been a member of this site on and off for over seven years under different user names. =]

"You know, I sometimes think we sort too soon..."

Quote Originally Posted by TizzyTimebomb View Post
    Go you! I've been wanting to stop drinking soda too, but I'm such a Dr. Pepper addict. The one time I did stop, my dad made me start again because we had two cases of Dr Pepper that he didn't want me to waste... I only drink a can or two a day though.

Oh and side note, 120 is pretty thin for your height. I'm the same height and I'm about 135 and I'm pretty thin myself, so I don't think you really need to lose any weight. Healthier eating and exercise are always good, obviously, but you don't want to be underweight either.
    Dr. pepper is awful for me also like I can say no to Mt Dew and get water or something but if I am out somewhere but if I see Dr. Pepper I refuse to drink anything else.
    You should have told him to drink it all himself =p

I probably should have just said tone, I have friends who are 135 and my height but we all carry it differently. You should join me in the no pop thing!

pretty much a failure waah. I am still onthe one a day thing, some times it has been two if I had a really bad day.

Quote Originally Posted by Because I Can't View Post
    You'll get there eventually. You stop liking the taste after a while.
    It's ok to drink other drinks ex. water w/a little lemon or lime juice is kinda tasty and might relieve some cravings.
    How about tea? Or even coffee (though try and limit the amount of sugar/milk you add to it)
    It takes a long time to give up soft drink, I've done it many times. I still have one every couple of days or so, sometimes I will go months without any then will have a glass. You don't have to cut it out of your life completely, but its good if you can!
    Thanks D= right now all I have on hand is tap water and I think that is whats making me go towards the pop more. I keep telling my mom to get something else but she always end up back with dr. pepper or something I am def. going grocery shopping Tuesday and stocking up on green tea and cran-apple juice.
    Oh I totally forgot about my French Vanilla creamer stuff I have for coffee, if I can figure out how to make it in the percolator I will totally have some of that. I can only handle a cup of coffee/hot chocolate or I get sick though so mer.

How long did it take you to dislike the taste of pop?