Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

"Being short with me"

What exactly does that mean? That i give one word answers all the time? Lately i've had a few people say that i'm "being short with them." I don't think im bitchy?? And i don't think that i give one word answers....

I've also had like 3 people try to insult me in the past 2 months each of them threw something about me being depressed in there... I'm not even depressed. not at all... what gives,
    My friend just told me i may come across as sad because i look bored all the time. It's just my face i swear. It's a curse.

I hate that. My boyfriend-y thing has been bitching at me for that lately. "Why are you being so short with me? Stop being so short with me." Apparently it means seeming uninterested in the conversation. Ugh. As far as I'm concerned, I'm answering you so stfu.

Falling Again Guest
    hahaha i get on my sister for that ALL the time. usually because she IS being short. i only get the "short thing" if i'm like extra tired and don't feel like answering someone or if i'm in a bad mood and don't want to open my mouth cos then i might blow up. don't let your friends bother you, i totally understand the face thing. i feel like to everyone i either look really unhappy or angry all the time haha

It generally means that you seem kind of snappy/like you don't want to talk. Just giving quick/curt responses.
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Canis Lupus View Post
    I hate that. My boyfriend-y thing has been bitching at me for that lately. "Why are you being so short with me? Stop being so short with me." Apparently it means seeming uninterested in the conversation. Ugh. As far as I'm concerned, I'm answering you so stfu.
    lol yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by missfitbabe<3 View Post
    When people say you're being short with them its normally when you're talking to someone as if you want the conversation to end as quickly as possible. Are you shy? I think people misinterpret not having much to say as being stuck up and not wanting to talk at all.
    I'm not shy per sa. But i am not very enthusiastic and i don't have alot to say about something unless i feel enthusiastic about it. Does that make sense?