Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    Aphrodisiac Guest

small painful lump in armpit

for about a week i've had pain in my left armpit. i thought i just cut myself shaving but yesterday i felt a small lump under the skin. it's not red or visible really, it's totally under the skin. i am considerably freaked out because lymph nodes are located there and i'm terrified its lymphoma, cancer. i am going to the doctor on tuesday to have it looked at but in the meantime can anyone comfort me and tell me there are a million reasons for swollen lymph nodes other than cancer? has this happened to anyone else?

its your lymph node and its nothing to worry about. your lymph nodes usually swell whenever you have any kind of infection.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Aphrodisiac Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by lolz@yourface View Post
    its your lymph node and its nothing to worry about. your lymph nodes usually swell whenever you have any kind of infection.
    i've been sick for a couple weeks and i feel fine now but i have a cough i can't shake and i got to thinking it could be a bronchial infection which was originally why i made the doctor's appointment before this even started. think its related? my mom said it almost definitely is. i'm not a hypochondriac per say but i definitely worry myself too much over things like this

LadyEleanor Guest
    I went to the doctor for that a couple years ago and they told me it was just a cyst. Apparently they happen to a lot of people and aren't anything major. It went away in about 2 weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by BeautyandtheGeek♥ View Post
    I had a little lump in my armpit a couple weeks back. I poked about at it with a needle, made a little hole and squeezed it with tweezers and a little white ball popped out. It was incredibly painful and I have no idea what it was, but it got rid of it in a matter of minutes!
    I don't know what to say other than

I'm not sure if you are brave or just gross for doing that, haha. Maybe a bit of both.

Aphrodisiac Guest
    I had a little lump in my armpit a couple weeks back. I poked about at it with a needle, made a little hole and squeezed it with tweezers and a little white ball popped out. It was incredibly painful and I have no idea what it was, but it got rid of it in a matter of minutes!
    oh wow. wooooow. i'm not doing that haha but i'm glad it worked for you, if it's not acne in my case i definitely don't want to be poking at and squeezing inflamed lymph nodes. i'm not judging you though i cut off like 6 skin tags under my arms with a steak knife when i was 15

I'd go towards gross. I'm the girl that likes to squeeze out ingrown hairs though. I could actually sit for hours just plucking them out, but I never get more than one or two at a time :/.
    Haha, I get what you mean. I have to force myself not to pop blisters. And whenever I sunburn, I get some sick satisfaction out of peeling my skin. I gross myself out.

Aphrodisiac Guest
    update, went to the doc and he said they were swollen which indicates infection. my white blood cell count was also abnormally high. he prescribed antibiotics and they made me throw up so back to square one

LadyEleanor Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodisiac View Post
    update, went to the doc and he said they were swollen which indicates infection. my white blood cell count was also abnormally high. he prescribed antibiotics and they made me throw up so back to square one
    Go back and get a script for a different one.

Are you tired a lot? I got sore, swollen armpits from mono.

Aphrodisiac Guest
    i did, i also got 90 klonopins instead of 60.whoo and idgaf what it is im drunk hope the new stuff helps

Quote Originally Posted by Aphrodisiac View Post
    i did, i also got 90 klonopins instead of 60.whoo and idgaf what it is im drunk hope the new stuff helps
    You definitely should not be drinking while on antibiotics and klonapin.
    иισℓє
    ι ℓσνє уσυ
    ♪Jlly ster rrt♪
    RIP Mom - I love you. (11.11.1957-08.19.2008)

♥I used to have 25,000+ posts, until JB pruned the boards.♥