Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    Blog Entries

I almost got in a car accident...

and it was my fault.

I was going to pick up a coworker before work and there was a lot of traffic, and I went to go turn left off of a main street onto a smaller street, and I couldn't see behind the people turning left opposite me (in front of me), and no one was coming for a while, so I decided to turn left, and turns out there was a car coming, I went really fast to avoid getting hit, and the car screeched. We didn't stop or anything and they didn't spin out but I was so shaken up and the worst part is that it was my fault and it was because I was impatient (and thought the person behind me would get annoyed).

Ugh I need someone to talk to. I feel so bad about it. A girl messaged me on facebook and said she saw it (I'm not really friends with her) and asked if I was okay, which was nice of her.

What's the last stupid thing you did?
    The road to perfection is always under construction.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eidos View Post
    There are a lot of 'almosts' when it comes to driving. I can't tell you how many times I've 'almost' been in an accident, whether it be my fault or someone elses. But you know what? No metal touched, no one got hurt, I learned from the almosts and never do what I did again then move on.

Last stupid thing I did(that was memorable) was a few months ago, and I don't feel like typing it out in detail so the tldr version is: I lost someones dog I was petsitting for in the woods. But in my defense they told me it was allowed to be off leash, and they knew it was prone to 'exploring' too far. But knowing that, I should have kept it on a leash, but I was too trusting.
    They did get their dog back later that day, though.
    Yeah I learned that, I guess I can just know to be more careful next time! What doesn't kill you makes you stronger in this case I suppose.

Ah! That would be scary, it's good they found the dog though. Look on the bright side: at least it wasn't a kid!

Vodevil. ♥ Guest
    The last stupid thing I did involved driving as well. Last week I was bawling my eyes while driving at night and drove through an intersection without checking properly, which led to almost being wiped out by a ute. They had to overtake me because there wasn't enough time to slow down. I felt anxious and ashamed of myself as well. I'm never driving while crying at the same time ever again.

I was in a car accident around two months ago. I was at a four way stop and it was my turn to go. I was turning left and an old couple ran the stop sign and ran their huge truck into my car. They didn't even try to stop =\ They hit the back and it made my car spin. Luckily, no one was seriously injured, but my boyfriend still got hurt enough to need to go to the hospital. I've been a super paranoid driver ever since. I don't trust anyone on the road.

I know that doesn't help you, but I felt like sharing hah

Please dont worry about the person behind you getting annoyed. I mean, now when you think about it, getting T-boned in an intersection? Or have the person behind you have to wait another 20 seconds? Screw them, and put your safety first.

I kind of almost got in an accident today, I was on the highway/freeway thing that goes through our city, and theres a few spots where there are lights. Well, I stopped when it was yellow, and the person behind me wasnt paying attention and ended up swerving around me and running the red light because he wouldn't have had enough time to stop. I would have been screwed if he hit me, because he woulda pushed me into oncomming traffic =S
    The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never

Blog Entries
    You're going to get into a lot of "almost accidents" a lot. Mostly due to other people. You just have to try and be observant as you can.

When I first started driving, I wasn't paying attention and pulled out in front of a semi. I was turning, and I made it, but in retrospect I cut it way too close. Foolish of me, especially since I had a friend in the car. I've never done anything like that again. I'm such a timid driver now because I've been in 3 accidents (none of which were my fault lolz).
    “Baby," I said, "I'm a genius but nobody knows it but me.”

Blog Entries
    Thanks everyone! I know, I've been in a couple "almost accidents" but this one was the worst, I just felt bad, especially since I've been driving solo for a year. Live and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Vodevil. ♥ View Post
    The last stupid thing I did involved driving as well. Last week I was bawling my eyes while driving at night and drove through an intersection without checking properly, which led to almost being wiped out by a ute. They had to overtake me because there wasn't enough time to slow down. I felt anxious and ashamed of myself as well. I'm never driving while crying at the same time ever again.
    I've done the same thing, driving at night while bawling your eyes out is not a good idea. My town usually dies after 11 p.m. so there was barely any traffic but there were a group of teenagers about to cross a crosswalk with the lights flashing and everything and I just zoomed by them. They were pretty mad at me and I felt bad after.

Last stupid thing I did involved driving as well. My friends were following me to my house because they didn't know where it was and I had pulled over to let them catch up to me. I looked behind me to see that my friend had caught up, was like right, okay! and pulled a left turn into my street without even LOOKING at the oncoming lane. We very narrowly missed being tboned by this car. wow it was scary and I felt like such an idiot for doing it.
    Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.