Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Business Outfits

I'm starting my summer Internship next week at a very large, prestigious corporate office, and obviously want to dress the part. Can anyone make me outfits? I'm going shopping on Tuesday or Wednesday.

I agree with jacob, also h+m has some cheap cute stuff. Im not going to make outfits because i am not very fashionable lol, but i will say that getting stuff you can mix and match is very important, because you will be wearing the same stuff alot.

so obv a pair or two of black pants, maybe a grey or brown. I love pencil skirts too, id get a black and grey one. (gosh im so boring haha) I generally do basic colours on the bottom, and a brighter top. kinda like this http://cn1.kaboodle.com/hi/img/2/0/0...=1209517716000 I buy lots of cheap tops so that the outfits still look different and its easy to change it up. Id spend a bit more on the bottoms, or things that you'll wear alot.
    The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never

Albi Guest

Ricki's- $69.50

Guess- $54.00

Ricki's- $39.99

Definitely get a plain black blazer. It will instantly make almost any top look professional.
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

I've found some nice, professional/office looking tops at Suzy Shier. I bought a nice top for an interview there recently.

Thanks girlies! I'm going on a huge shopping spree with my mother tomorrow for business clothes.
    All the girls wear kick-ass high heels at this place, anyone know of any awesome heels?

when i worked in a more formal business company, dynamite was my best friend. their dress pants are cheap, awesome, and stretchy. check them out.

now i work in a software company and wear jeans, tshirts, and flipflops to work. hehe
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Quote Originally Posted by Ennui View Post
    Thanks girlies! I'm going on a huge shopping spree with my mother tomorrow for business clothes.
    All the girls wear kick-ass high heels at this place, anyone know of any awesome heels?
    I would check out Payless if you have one. Sometimes when I go in they don't have much of anything good, but I have gotten several pairs of really cute heels there for a really low price!

flymykite Guest
    please do not wear that terrible purple outfit.

i shop at express, j.crew, macy's and nordstrom. i tend to wear highwaisted, long skirts with a blouse tucked in and either a cardigan or blazer over it.

i went to express last week and they had a bunch of business casual junk on sale. im horrible with putting stuff together so i try to stick with really basic black, white, and grey stuff. invest in 2-3 nice blazers because they will go with almost anything.

If I were you, I'd invest in some staple pieces, such as a few pairs of black dress pants, and maybe a pencil skirt or two. Then get some blouses (white, and a few pinstriped ones). Definately get some fitted blazers, a black one, tan and then try a colourful one, I really like the purple one posted above! Then when you get can afford, buy random pieces to add to it.

As for shoes, I'd invest in a pair of simple black heels, and a nude pair (they're in right now). I like pumps because I'm short, and am used to walking in heels, but it's all preference! Buy some flats too, in colours that will compliment the clothes that you have bought!

Remember that if you get a lot of plain clothes that can be mixed and matched, you can easily make it look less boring with colourful jewellery!
    nowtheworldisreal.tumblr.com

Well I went shopping today, bought some blouses and stuff, and another skirt (I already have quite a few skirts). Can't seem to find dress pants I like, ugh.

Bought these shoes:
    http://www.lechateau.com/style/brows...Id=catsfr50001
    I'm unsure if its too much for an office, given they kinda dress business casual and everyone there is mostly young. Regardless, at a price like that, I would've bought them anyways.

Going again tomorrow to buy more, spending a whole paycheck on clothes, me likey.