Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
    Lullaby Guest

calling all macs

i'm going to university in the fall and i want a mac laptop! i really just browse the internet and for school i always just used microsoft office. i'm going into arts & entertainment management (public relations) and my computer class is covering word processing, desktop design, spreadsheet, database programs, etc. i was leaning towards the macbook pro, but my friend said all i really need is the macbook. what do you think? worth the splurge or just go with the original?

A lot of people have told me that Apple laptops have a lot of trouble with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel. Apparently it doesn't have all of the functions that make it work smoother and easier.
    I have an iMac, and Microsoft Office works just fine. I haven't used Excel on it yet though.

cheerur<3out Guest
    i own three mac computers/laptop. i have school never have problem with microsoft and my dad uses exel. we love it. once you go mac youll never go back.

Kaytastrophe Guest
    Go for the pro. I think it's about 100$ apart, but it has a lot more functions than the original MacBook. I couldn't tellnyou what those functions are, but yeah. I think either one will work well to get you through school based on your usage though. I also found my white MacBook hard to keep clean around the keypad area.

Lullaby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Katie_[Lied] View Post
    A lot of people have told me that Apple laptops have a lot of trouble with Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel. Apparently it doesn't have all of the functions that make it work smoother and easier.
    I have an iMac, and Microsoft Office works just fine. I haven't used Excel on it yet though.
    Quote Originally Posted by cheerur<3out View Post
    i own three mac computers/laptop. i have school never have problem with microsoft and my dad uses exel. we love it. once you go mac youll never go back.
    so it doesn't matter which i get? all good? thanks for your input!

Quote Originally Posted by Kaytastrophe View Post
    Go for the pro. I think it's about 100$ apart, but it has a lot more functions than the original MacBook. I couldn't tellnyou what those functions are, but yeah. I think either one will work well to get you through school based on your usage though. I also found my white MacBook hard to keep clean around the keypad area.
    thanks for replying! it's a $200 difference with the 13 inch, $600 for the the 15 inch. i'm guessing the 13 is fine, right? i'll be carrying it around.

We have two macbooks, a macbook air, an imac, and the ipad, all of them are awesome, and they all work great. I would splurge if you have the moeny to, It is well worth the price! Never ever had an issue with my mac! :0)
    "A light in the middle of the f***ing sky! yeah, that's brilliant!"

"Maybe, just maybe, he was an English teacher. Learn to spell and he'll go away!"

katielynn Guest
    i bought my pro off of craigslist and i am so happy i did. it was 6 months old when i bought it for $800 (the guy i bought it from had just been given a brand new imac from his work so he didn't need the macbook.) so if you are looking to save money, check around craigslist and sites like that.

i've never used a regular macbook, but my boyfriend has a 27' imac and i have a macbook pro. i would definitely recommend it.

Lullaby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by FreakOnALeash View Post
    We have two macbooks, a macbook air, an imac, and the ipad, all of them are awesome, and they all work great. I would splurge if you have the moeny to, It is well worth the price! Never ever had an issue with my mac! :0)
    Quote Originally Posted by katielynn View Post
    i bought my pro off of craigslist and i am so happy i did. it was 6 months old when i bought it for $800 (the guy i bought it from had just been given a brand new imac from his work so he didn't need the macbook.) so if you are looking to save money, check around craigslist and sites like that.

i've never used a regular macbook, but my boyfriend has a 27' imac and i have a macbook pro. i would definitely recommend it.
    you two definitely have me wanting the pro! thanks, i'll check out craigslist. i think the apple store has that buy a mac, get a free ipod touchy deal for students in the summer too... we'll see!

I'd go for the Pro. I have an old 13" MacBook Pro (the black one), and I love it. Even though it's majorly lame compared to the new ones. You're going to need this computer to last you through university, so it's worth it to upgrade. You'll probably want to go 13" since you'll be carrying it around. Laptops get heavy after a while, and 13" will fit better in your bag with other books and stuff.
    So this is life, eh? Hmm, I'm surprised; not what I was expecting. I guess I'll roll with the punches, and take it one day at a time. I'll find love where I least expect it. I'll laugh till I cry. I'll make the best of every moment. And most importantly, on the day I die, I guess I'll be able to look back and say, "Damn, what a ride!".

RIP My darling. We'll all miss you, now until forever.

Lullaby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
    I'd go for the Pro. I have an old 13" MacBook Pro (the black one), and I love it. Even though it's majorly lame compared to the new ones. You're going to need this computer to last you through university, so it's worth it to upgrade. You'll probably want to go 13" since you'll be carrying it around. Laptops get heavy after a while, and 13" will fit better in your bag with other books and stuff.
    perfect! 13" does sound more appropriate. thank you!

i recently got the macbrook pro 13", and i LOVE it so far!! i got it for university next fall as well, and i recommend it!
    --Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.

Lullaby Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Alex.In.Wonderland View Post
    i recently got the macbrook pro 13", and i LOVE it so far!! i got it for university next fall as well, and i recommend it!
    woohoo! i am definitely getting one.

Quote Originally Posted by Lullaby View Post
    woohoo! i am definitely getting one.
    good to hear!
    --Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.