Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast
    Clea Guest

What are you reading right now?

Which book are you reading right now?

At the moment I am reading 'Learning to Live' by Luc Ferry - very interesting for those who are interested in philosophy.

.Glitter&Grease. Guest
    There are three books I started reading during the school year and never finished because I got super busy with my APs and softball: The Neon Bible by John Kennedy Toole, A Tree Grows In Brooklyn by Betty Smith, and Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (rereading). I think I'll finish The Neon Bible this weekend. I NEED to read. I haven't had time and haven't completed a book that wasn't required school reading since November. I used to read, no lie, three books a week. I'm majoring in English, so I need to step it up!

'the art of agile development', 'clean code', and 'the ruby way'. all software/programming books.
    Lorem ipsum dolor sit amet, consectetur adipisicing elit, sed do eiusmod tempor incididunt ut labore et dolore magna aliqua.

Clea Guest
    @Glitter&Grease: It was the same with me, I forced myself not to read until I was finished with my exams... now I can finally read again.
    I still have three books to finish....

ByeByeKitty Guest
    I just finished "This gorgeous game" pretty odd book, but when I read something I have to finish it no matter how boring. I'm gonna read Hungry by Crystal Renn next!

Bam
    & the cares of tomorrow can wait 'til this day is done.

Fiction: 2001 A Space Odyssey by Arthur C. Clarke
    Non-fiction: The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking and Leonard Mlodinow

and I'm about to get a big stack of books from my friend that are about cold-reading techniques, the history of psychics/mentalists/magicians, a biography about houdini, that kind of thing for an ESP/cold-reading event we're holding with the skeptics club

Fiction - Dissolution by C J Sansom
    Non Fiction - In Search of the Dark Ages by Michael Wood
    Now the song is nearly over
    We may never find out what it means
    Still there's a light I hold before me
    You're the measure of my dreams
    The measure of my dreams

This is what I'm reading.
    Got it for christmas.
    It's very interesting.
    There ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good.

Mailman by J. Robert Lennon. It's one of the best books I've read in a long time, and it's hilarious. Highly recommended.
    ad astra per aspera

Little Women =p
    Just finished Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince for like the 5th time...
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

Paddy Clarke Ha Ha Ha by Roddy Doyle
    ad astra per aspera

i just finished rereading all of the harry potter books. i might start over
    --Love is always patient and kind. It is never jealous. Love is never boastful or conceited. It is never rude or selfish. It does not take offense and is not resentful.

BreakDownxx Guest
    Just finished reading The Winner Stands Alone by Paulo Coelho. It really makes you rethink your views about the perfect love and also throws light on the dark side of celebrities. I wasn't completely happy with it though. I expected a more thrilling ending.

OUUUU.

I just read like two books in two days...

I read this book :
    Room by Emma Donoghue

And it was by far the best book I have ever read. It actually made me cry. I would read it again in a heartbeat.

And I've read almost every book by Sarah Dessen, my latest 'Someone Like You'
    was an awesome read, as well as 'Along for the Ride' , 'The Truth about Forever',
    Amazingggggg books.

I also read (I read ALOT) the Uglies series by scott westerfeld which were a little tricky to get into, but I didn't want to put them down.

There's way more but I'll stop now haha
    I found you.

---------------------------
    This isn't giving up no, this is letting go.