Login

My Jelly Bean

View Poll Results: Flat or curved nails?

Voters
37. You may not vote on this poll
  • Curved

33 89.19%
  • Flat

4 10.81%
  • Neither?

0 0%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you have flat or rounded nails?

I find flat nails reeeeeeeeeeally odd. But I want to know if it's common to have flat nails (only met my boyfriend and one girl with them) or if it's rare?

Rounded I guess. I'm not even sure what flat nails look like. I'm going to google it. haha
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Quote Originally Posted by JoieDeVivre View Post
    Rounded I guess. I'm not even sure what flat nails look like. I'm going to google it. haha
    I just went to google image flat nails and some seriously horrid images came up!

Quote Originally Posted by indianajones View Post
    I just went to google image flat nails and some seriously horrid images came up!
    Yes! I did the same thing and now I'm scarred. haha
    And, I still don't really know what flat nails look like. But mine are rounded, anyway, to answer your question.

Uhh. I think I have flat nails? They aren't gross and crusty looking like the ones on google images, they are clean and normal looking but they just are what they are lol.

Ah okay, that's pretty much what I thought. I'm sure I've seen people with them before, just not anyone I can think of at the moment. I think it is probably pretty rare, and apparently can be caused by certain deficiencies or diseases (learned that on my brief Google search as well :P)

Yeah. My nails look like that except they are cleaned and buffed. I take good care of my weird little nail stumps. I'm self conscious enough about them without letting them look like crap. You can grow them out and they look a little more normal, but the nail bed is so short that it just looks weird sometimes.

But yep. This thread confirmed I have ugly hands. Thanks for the complex JB, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by decorus. View Post
    Yeah. My nails look like that except they are cleaned and buffed. I take good care of my weird little nail stumps. I'm self conscious enough about them without letting them look like crap. You can grow them out and they look a little more normal, but the nail bed is so short that it just looks weird sometimes.

But yep. This thread confirmed I have ugly hands. Thanks for the complex JB, lol.
    I'm sorry! I think the only reason I've ever noticed is cos they look bad when not taken care of, both this girl and my bf have the worst dry skin.
    I bet no one notices yours

I'm sorry! I think the only reason I've ever noticed is cos they look bad when not taken care of, both this girl and my bf have the worst dry skin.
    I bet no one notices yours
    Haha don't be sorry. I'm just kidding. I do already hate my hands but I've accepted that they are what they are, so it's not like this thread is sending me into a suicidal spiral over them haha.

People notice CONSTANTLY. They don't say I have flat nails, but they notice my short nail beds and think my ridiculously tiny pinky nail is SOOOO cute lol. I don't get it. But moisturizing and keeping them filed nicely and buffed makes HUGE difference in how they look. So anyone with flat nails, take that advice lol.

I have both. My nails are horrible if I don't file them all to be square
    Bazinga!

Quote Originally Posted by decorus. View Post
    Haha don't be sorry. I'm just kidding. I do already hate my hands but I've accepted that they are what they are, so it's not like this thread is sending me into a suicidal spiral over them haha.

People notice CONSTANTLY. They don't say I have flat nails, but they notice my short nail beds and think my ridiculously tiny pinky nail is SOOOO cute lol. I don't get it. But moisturizing and keeping them filed nicely and buffed makes HUGE difference in how they look. So anyone with flat nails, take that advice lol.
    The lower bits of my fingers are hairy if that helps Dark hair too. WEll that's good noticing! I could never file my nails, the feeling sends shivers down my spine lol

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorNatalie View Post
    I have both. My nails are horrible if I don't file them all to be square
    Both? I'm intrigued

My dad's nails are flat. Mine are not.

Assuming flat as in when you look at your nail straight on like your fingers are coming at your face, the nail is straight across and doesn't "bend"?
    Sometimes I can hear my bones straining under the weight of all the lives I am not living.

nobutreallyguys.tumblr.com, yo

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy View Post
    My dad's nails are flat. Mine are not.

Assuming flat as in when you look at your nail straight on like your fingers are coming at your face, the nail is straight across and doesn't "bend"?
    Took me a while to get what you meant but yes that's what I mean

I have rounded nails. If I let them grow for an excessive amount of time, they start becoming flat, but they're naturally curved.