Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    icecreamcone Guest

Toms - Ugly or Cute?

I recently bought some gray Toms and I'm in a love-hate relationship with them. Are Toms ugly or cute? I'm more on the cute side but they're not worth the 47 bucks.

Companion Cube Guest
    I get that they're for a good cause and everything, but I don't find them cute at all and wouldn't buy them. They would be really impractical for me, seeing as they're not waterproof, not very warm, and probably don't support your feet that well...

Zandi Guest
    They're ugly, but the idea behind them is so great that it makes them cute.

I think they're cute, I adore them, I want all of them. I love my classic red ones to death. I bought my boyfriend a new pair for Christmas, a kinda different looking pair, and I love them on him.

ThanksForTheMemories Guest
    I like the different designs they have besides the originals. The bota ones are my favourite, they're so cute. But I could never bring myself to pay like $90 for them.

I got mine on sale for $25. I think they're cute, comfy, but the construction is pretty terrible - you can see the glue holding the canvas to the sole. I would never pay $60 dollars for them. They're good casual summer shoes, but that's about it.
    the best way to predict the future is to create it.

Personally, I don't like the way they look. There's just something about them that looks very awkward.
    What happens in the heart simply happens.

Blog Entries
    Meh. I've seen a couple alright pairs, but in general I'm not a big fan. I don't really think they're worth the money.
    I used to be SpasticSeamonkey.
    +4020 posts.

What's your deal, freaks?

icecreamcone Guest
    I wore them for the first time to school today. OH MY GOD! I freaking love it. It feels like my feet are bandaged though, which isn't really a bad feeling at all.

I like the way the classic ones look, I have them in navy. The soles are so comfortable too, I have flat feet and I don't even have to wear my insoles. I wore mine all spring hahah
    ad astra per aspera

Fufuberry. Guest
    The only ones I like are the black sequined ones but they look horrible on everybody.. It looks they are waaay too small and your toe is like bursting out of the front not a hot look..

I find them pretty ugly, but not like, "OH GOD UGGO" or anything. I also never understood wearing ugly shoes because they're comfy, because I have a ton of cute super comfy shoes. *shrug*
    Leah

Definitely ugly. I'm sort of iffy over their comfort too. I tried them on before, but I didn't think they were THAT amazing. But the cause is good.

Super cute! I absolutely LOVE my Toms. They are the most comfortable shoes I have ever owned besides flip-flops. I have a "flexating arch" so they have just enough support for my feet. I only own the ash ones but I am planning on buying at least one pair from the new spring line. They go so well with skinny jeans and I think that the glitters look really cute with casual dresses and skirts. I love how they are for such a good cause. If you go on the website it tells how the pairs they give to the children are made with more durable materials so they last longer for them. I think that that is really great because they honestly need help and if I can spend a little extra on a pair of shoes to help someone else, I will. And for those of you that aren't sure about how comfortable they are, if you try them on in a store ask for a pair that hasn't been tried on before. They stretch and mold to your feet so after wearing them a couple of times it's like they were made specifically for your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Caique View Post
    They're adorable. However, for $60 I want a pair of shoes that aren't going to fall apart immediately. Which, by the looks and quality I saw from the ones I tried on a few weeks ago, they wouldn't last a week without ripping or tearing.

It's just too much for me for something that wouldn't last, even if it is for a good cause.

I wore my black toms to work every single day for about 4 months, going through wet floors and all that jazz that comes along with working in a restaurant.. They are still in one piece. They are so comfortable they FEEL like they are going to fall apart, but they haven't yet.

I also have some other toms that i wear to school everyday and have worn them to school evreyday for almost 8 months, wearing them for 8 hours a day. They are still in one piece and doing great!

I rock those shoes and they look extremely fly on me.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRE6c6ntrg