Login

My Jelly Bean

View Poll Results: Is it weird to wear a fashion ring (non-wedding ring) on your ring finger?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

12 34.29%
  • No

23 65.71%
+ Reply to Thread
    rikki Guest

Wearing fashion rings (aka non-wedding rings) on your ring finger.

Weird? Yes or no?

weird.

i get annoyed that my friend wears her "promise ring" on her left-hand ring finger. it's not an engagement or wedding band. that's what that finger is for!

i know everyone is going to say the opposite of me. it's just what i think.
    It is the techno way.

Nahh, I do it all the time. I'm obviously not engaged or married, but for some reason, my ring fingers are my favorite fingers to wear jewelry on.

ThanksForTheMemories Guest
    I almost always wear whatever ring I'm wearing on that finger. My rings all just happen to only fit my ring fingers. I don't see why it's weird. I'm not married or engaged.

I wear a ring on that finger.. it was originally a "promise" ring (we were young and i was stupid lol) but now we're not planning on getting engaged/married but I still wear the ring because it is pretty. I think it's silly to designate one finger as "wedding only!" because not everyone chooses to do that.

I say go for it. Rings just look right on that finger.

Beartato Guest
    That's where I always wear my rings. I just think it looks the best.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    i get annoyed that my friend wears her "promise ring" on her right-hand ring finger. it's not an engagement or wedding band. that's what that finger is for!
    I thought it was the left hand ring finger that engagement and wedding rings are typically placed on?
    Formerly ReadingRainbow and Photo Lass.

Quote Originally Posted by SnapShots View Post
    I thought it was the left hand ring finger that engagement and wedding rings are typically placed on?
    Durr that's what I meant. I'll edit.
    It is the techno way.

I always do it cause thats the only finger rings feel comfortable on. Theyre big giant fashion rings too not just a band or anything.
    Member since the "yellow boards" :]

I've done it before, but my brother got me out of that habit. He accidentally dated a married girl because she always wore a fashion ring on her left ring finger to "have an excuse" for the tan line from her wedding band.

I'd have to agree with the others above with "Keep the ring finger for wedding and engagement rings".
    & the cares of tomorrow can wait 'til this day is done.

Nah, not if it's obviously costume jewelery... I love big rings and I wear them on whatever finger they fit best.
    Banging with terror through a million billion trillion stars.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    weird.

i get annoyed that my friend wears her "promise ring" on her left-hand ring finger. it's not an engagement or wedding band. that's what that finger is for!

i know everyone is going to say the opposite of me. it's just what i think.
    When my boyfriend and I went to get my promise ring sized, the lady working said that that's the finger it is meant to be worn on.
    nowtheworldisreal.tumblr.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jumping Bean :) View Post
    When my boyfriend and I went to get my promise ring sized, the lady working said that that's the finger it is meant to be worn on.
    Well, it's kind of a matter of opinion I say. A promise ring is not an engagement ring. To me, that finger is for an engagement/wedding band.
    It is the techno way.