Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Do you wait for him to text first?

When you find yourself interested in a guy and he seems to be pretty interested in you back, you've hungout a few times and everything seems to be going good, do you wait for him to text you first in the beginning? Whether it's just to talk, or to plan a day to get together and hangout?

I'm sure you all have seen the threads I've posted about this guy I work with.. we both like each other, the whole store knows, we've hungout twice, kind of admitted our feelings for each other, kissed etc but aren't dating at the moment. The majority of the time it was him who texted me first and planned the days for us to hangout, and since I'm a fairly shy person when it comes to stuff like this I was hoping it'd be okay for me to wait for him to text me first again this time, yet I don't want him to think I'm not interested.

What do you guys usually do, and should I just wait? If you need any background information feel free to ask.

I've always thought that that was a silly "rule." It's not the 1950s... just go on a text him. You're interested, he's interested, why does it matter who texts the other first? Just don't go crazy with how often you text him and you'll be fine.
    |formerly; precious_6290|

"Faith without work is dead."

Quote Originally Posted by ._Je ne sais quoi_. View Post
    I've always thought that that was a silly "rule." It's not the 1950s... just go on a text him. You're interested, he's interested, why does it matter who texts the other first? Just don't go crazy with how often you text him and you'll be fine.
    That came to my head too, but I always hear people say things like "If he really wanted to talk to you, he would." or "If he was truly interested he would make sure to talk to you." Things like that. Which makes me think I should just wait, yet maybe he's thinking the same thing.

Alexisonfire Guest
    I don't think it makes sense to make the guy do all the work. I mean if you both like each other, it shouldnt be a big deal for you to text him first, you know? I agree with the other person who said that it's a silly "rule". It takes two people to make a relationship work, not just one. Don't make the poor boy do everything haha, you may as well text him. People may say that if he's really into you, he'll text you, but people could easily be saying the same thing to him. So it doesn't really work. I say a girl should be able to text a guy if she wants and not sit and wait around for him to text her because chances are that will get you no where! Buuut that's just my opinion haha.

Looks.Kill<3 Guest
    yeah, of course. i dont think its a silly rule at all. the less interested you seem, the more interested he is.

Oxytocin Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Jennie. View Post
    If im relatively positive he's interested and he responds back quickly when I contact him I don't have a problem contacting him first. If he's acting like he doesn't know what he wants then I won't contact him first.
    this.

cumberbatch Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Looks.Kill<3 View Post
    yeah, of course. i dont think its a silly rule at all. the less interested you seem, the more interested he is.
    But why should she seem uninterested if she's not? She already knows he's interested, and he knows she's interested.

It's a dumb rule-- you both like each other, so why should you play games? (not saying that you are, just saying it's silly).

Thanks guys I think I might wait this time..
    It's not that he's not acting like he doesn't know what he wants, but he's not really acting like he KNOWS what he wants either. I don't really know how to explain it. He came over this past Saturday, texted me about an hour after he left, we talked a little bit, and we haven't talked since.

I don't want to seem annoying or clingy, yet I don't want him to think I'm not interested.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorShoeboxOfLies View Post
    I wouldn't text him out of nowhere with nothing to talk about, but I also don't do that to anyone. Hah. I mean, if you want to make plans with him, or just see how he is... then text first.
    Yeah I don't do that either, I feel weird texting anybody first anyway no matter who it is, haha. I might wait a few days and if I don't hear anything..wouldn't that mean he's probably not as interested as I thought? Or do you think he'd be waiting for me to text first this time?

MajorLeagueBaseball Guest
    I would just text him. I'm a very forward person, though. I have a problem just waiting around for people to contact me. I agree with Jennie.

Quote Originally Posted by MajorLeagueBaseball View Post
    I would just text him. I'm a very forward person, though. I have a problem just waiting around for people to contact me. I agree with Jennie.
    Yeah I'm forward, but only when I'm COMPLETELY positive without a doubt that he's interested. Which it definitely seems like he is, but then I keep thinking "he would've texted you again by now".

I usually wait for him to text me first, unless it's something I need to know, like if I left something in his car.
    "Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are."

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_[Lied] View Post
    I usually wait for him to text me first, unless it's something I need to know, like if I left something in his car.
    Yeah I'm gonna wait I guess, it's been 2 days though so it's got me paranoid, haha.

Quote Originally Posted by Unwritten View Post
    Yeah I'm gonna wait I guess, it's been 2 days though so it's got me paranoid, haha.
    I'd give it a week. If he still hasn't texted you after a week, I'd say that he's not interested.
    "Sometimes it seems things go by too quickly. We are so busy watching out for what's just ahead of us that we don't take the time to enjoy where we are."

Quote Originally Posted by Katie_[Lied] View Post
    I'd give it a week. If he still hasn't texted you after a week, I'd say that he's not interested.
    That's what I don't understand about guys, haha. We've hungout twice and it went REALLY well, he told me he has feelings for me, we kissed, things like that, so if he doesn't text me after a week I'm going to be extremely confused.