Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread

Do you have a drink before a first date?

This is to the older jbers obviously haha. I don't mean do you get drunk, I just mean do you have a drink or two to take the edge off?

On one hand, i'm very nervous to see him again, on the other hand i don't want to rely on drinking before i see him all the time. So tell me, do you?
    "And there were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven"
    Jack Johnson

SW: 164.7
    CW: 142.2
    GW: 132.1

GoldLion Guest
    I do, it helps calm my nerves.

It's not like I do it every time I see my boyfriend, or everytime I go on a date, it's just if I find myself to be overly nervous and jittery.

OffendedWarrior Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by MonitorShoeboxOfLies View Post
    No. I have a first date here in an hour and all I can think about is how much I hate deciding what to wear, but not so much being nervous/anxious over it. Haha.
    Thats all I had ever worried about. I think its stupid to get so worked up over a date. Not to mention 1 drink does nothing.

I havent had a first date in a while, but I probably would if I was nervous. Maybe like 2 or 3 cocktails before dinner lol
    The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never

Dramamine Guest
    When we first started hanging out, we would hang out with a couple of my friends and a couple of his friends and drink. Then as we started hanging out one on one more often, he would invite me over and we would have a beer or two just because it loosens things up. Now that we are together a lot more, we don't really drink ever. I told him how much I miss being drunk with him though so we planned to drink this weekend

Oxytocin Guest
    i've done it before. with one guy, it was the first time i was meeting him, (kind of a blind date except i saw his pics on fb so not really) and i had a couple drinks before he got there and ended up getting soo sick. we actually dated a few months though. and when we would be together we'd usually split a bottle of wine, but not always.

Strangely, I never thought of this, haha. It doesnt seem like a horrible idea as long as you dont have more than one or two.
    Previous Usernames-
    Poprocks & Coke
    Overkill
    IHopeUChoke&Die
    FailureByDesign

J.Roo Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Koala Bear View Post
    Strangely, I never thought of this, haha. It doesnt seem like a horrible idea as long as you dont have more than one or two.
    Agreed. Never really occurred to me. With my current boyfriend, I wouldn't have been able to anyway because I was still 20 at the time, and had to drive 45 minutes to meet him at the movie theater. We did drink lightly together the first few times we hung out at my apartment, though.

Ah so i ended up having more than one drink haha, i was just so nervous i carried on drinking. I think i needed it for some reason but i will definately not be drinking next time i see him.
    "And there were so many fewer questions when stars were still just the holes to heaven"
    Jack Johnson

SW: 164.7
    CW: 142.2
    GW: 132.1