Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 17 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

anyone else like strong flavours?

i know this is super weird/gross and i've never met anyone else like this lol

i LOVE strong flavoured savoury things .. blue cheese, sundried tomatoes, olives, anchovies, pickled onions. i could eat these things by themselves straight out of the can

i'm also a heat freak. i love super spicy stuff. the only candy i like are sour ones, espesh super sours

the food i eat is anything but subtle. i eat a lot of salads but even those will always have lots of bold flavours in them... garlic, parmesan etc.

i'd probably hate living in the UK because most of the food there seems really bland in comparison lol. anyone watch come dine with me? god the stuff they cook is boring in comparison to the australian version

I read an article recently about how people what foods you like depends on how many taste buds you have. You're probably a non-taster since you need a lot of flavour to enjoy food, and aren't sensitive to bitterness. I'm a medium taster, I like stuff a little spicy, love sour candy, but can't handle really intense flavours. My (I guess now ex-) uncle is a super-taster, can't handle any bitterness or spice. This isn't the article I remember reading, but it's a quick one about different taste types.
    the best way to predict the future is to create it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Eh.Bebe View Post
    I read an article recently about how people what foods you like depends on how many taste buds you have. You're probably a non-taster since you need a lot of flavour to enjoy food, and aren't sensitive to bitterness. I'm a medium taster, I like stuff a little spicy, love sour candy, but can't handle really intense flavours. My (I guess now ex-) uncle is a super-taster, can't handle any bitterness or spice. This isn't the article I remember reading, but it's a quick one about different taste types.
    hmm pretty interesting. maybe india and thailand are full of "non tasters" and UK is full of "super tasters" haha

i only like strong savoury flavours though. i can't stand overly sweet things like white chocolate, caramel sauce or really rich chocolate cake. i don't really like sugary things in general

My little brother is the same way. We think it's probably because he always has really bad allergies, so he needs strong flavors so he can actually taste them. I guess that goes along with what Eh.Babe was saying!

But seriously, he's gross. When he was younger he once ate an onion like an apple when no one was looking.
    You think you're all that, Kim Possible, but you're not!

Have you ever had olives stuffed w blue cheese? I think you're supposed to soak them in wine for a while. Yum
    the early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese.

I crave olives every day. We keep a giant Costco size jar in the fridge at all times. I pretty much love anything pickled, beets, onions, asparagus, beans.
    I've never had blue cheese on its own. I usually only have it in dressings. Or I buy this one kind from a speciality cheese shop that turns into butter when heated. I spread it over meat when I BBQ.
    I don't like spice from peppers, but spice from cinnamon is good. I eat candies called fireballs which burn the crap out of you mouth from being so hot.
    Best sour candies in my opinion=
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/...500_SS500_.jpg
    Are these super sours? You can't buy them in stores here, but they are always in those little coin candy vending machines,
    http://www.gumball-machine.com/image...s-candy-md.jpg
    "I've got everything you need: games for the Dreamcast, Playstation 1, and free smoovies."

I'm like that. But, more that I like the strong versions of things, dark chocolate, black coffee, spicy chilli etc.

I HATE olives, but I love spicy foods. I do tend to like strong flavors, just not olives lol.
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by broccoliandchz View Post
    Have you ever had olives stuffed w blue cheese? I think you're supposed to soak them in wine for a while. Yum
    That sounds so good. c:
    “Baby," I said, "I'm a genius but nobody knows it but me.”

Quote Originally Posted by Guns N' Rachel View Post
    I loooove strong flavors!! I eat Franks wing sauce on everything
    Franks is delicious!
    Even though I don't usually like spicy foods, Franks has a yummy flavor.

And I LOVE olives. Kalamata olives are my favorite, the ones they put in greek salad. Idk how bad they are for you but I would eat them everyday. I also lovee pickles. Sometimes I soak green olives in pickle juice for a while and eat them. Yum. And I put garlic in everything I cook. I'm not a huge fan of strong cheeses though. I hate swiss unless it comes like this. And I love black coffee with just a bit of sugar.
    There ain't no rest for the wicked, until we close our eyes for good.

I thought I had adventurous taste buds. Apparent I do not. I do love siracha though.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LLRE6c6ntrg

Have you had green olives stuffed with garlic? Yum

I mainly like spicy things when it comes to strong flavors.

Blog Entries
    I like strong flavors most of the time. I do however love spicy foods. like tears running down my face spicy haha
    I used to be So Original then Nanana BATMAN came and beat me up. Now I'm on a dye-it.

By the way...jalapeno poppers are like the most delicious things in the world
    A piece of my heart lies with my Golden, now and forever. RIP Teddy. I love you.
    06/14/2002-28/10/2010

l4m3r is offline Damn Straight, Biznatch! (look at me, I'm a script kiddie who can spoof form fields! I R T3H 1337 H4X0R L0L)
    Eugh, kalamata olives. I guess I like most strong flavors, but those are too bitter for me. They're tolerable in small quantities on a salad, but I'd have to eat them with a bit of dressing and onion or something.

Some of the flavor combinations in Thai food are a bit much for me, also.

Quote Originally Posted by musicgirl View Post
    By the way...jalapeno poppers are like the most delicious things in the world
    What kind? There are so many variations. My favorite is the kind you can get at sushi places, stuffed with spicy tuna and cream cheese, then fried. I'm less fond of the cheddar-stuffed variety. The spiciness is good, but I don't like the flavor of jalapeños much unless they're grilled. I do love Wienerschnitzel's poppers, but they're really just fried cheese with bits of diced peppers, haha.

It's too bad that serrano peppers are so skinny- they'd taste awesome stuffed. They're usually spicier and have a better flavor, in my opinion.
    Optimism is just a milder alternative to denial.