Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Screw uncommon bra sizes!

Does anyone know where I could shop for bras (34DD) in the US, in an actual store, not online. I think I need to go a size up on the cup but I don't know where I can find the size, and I don't want to order online because I want to try it on first!
    http://michellyyyy.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonitorBobSays View Post
    Pretty sure any lingerie store has that size. I know here, lasenza (which is basically victoria Secret) has that size. Maybe start there.

I'm a 34D and don't have a hard time finding D's or even DD.
    I was just at Victoria's Secret today and they didn't have a single 34DD in the store, so I got 34D. I also checked a couple other stores, and I feel lucky just to find a decent 34D. I hate buying clothing online just because I'm so picky. Also, I like pushup, and its hell trying to find 34D/DD pushup. I wandered around the bra section of Kohls for a good hour before I gave up.

I'm a 36DD, so I feel you. I buy mine at Nordstrom, but they're pretty expensive. They're good quality though. I hate VS with a passion. Even if there is a style of bra they offer in a DD, they NEVER have it in the store.

I never find that 34D/DDs are hard to come by here. You can buy them just about anywhere from Lasenza to Walmart. I always have a really hard time finding bras for myself though, 32D/DDs are hard to come by. I always find really cute ones, but then see that they're only a C and then feel upset. Sometimes I settle for 34s, but they just don't fit as well.
    Touch me, touch me, touch me, touch me! I want to be dirty!

cumberbatch Guest
    Have you tried department stores like Belk, JC Penny's, Macy's?

VS should, did you ask for help? I think DD is also E, though I could be wrong.

Otherwise, go to an upperscale dept. store like Macy's and ask for a fitting and to try on bras.
    It is the techno way.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by MonitorVendetta View Post
    VS should, did you ask for help? I think DD is also E, though I could be wrong.

Otherwise, go to an upperscale dept. store like Macy's and ask for a fitting and to try on bras.
    Most of the bras I wanted stopped at 34C, no D. I did manage to find one of the styles I wanted in a 34D, but they said that was the highest 34 they had.

I had a fitting at Victoria's secret back in December and they told me I was a 36C but I'm definitely not. The band was so lose and wouldn't stay on, but 34D fit perfect (but now 6 months later is alittle snug) I wear 34 on the tightest setting so I could even go to a 32DD, but I feel like thats even harder to find.

Quote Originally Posted by Amortentia View Post
    Have you tried department stores like Belk, JC Penny's, Macy's?
    I'm not sure what Belk is, but I tried Macys a couple months ago and had no luck. I'm going to go to the mall tomorrow and see if I have any luck.

Quote Originally Posted by DropsOfJupiter View Post
    I never find that 34D/DDs are hard to come by here. You can buy them just about anywhere from Lasenza to Walmart. I always have a really hard time finding bras for myself though, 32D/DDs are hard to come by. I always find really cute ones, but then see that they're only a C and then feel upset. Sometimes I settle for 34s, but they just don't fit as well.
    I'm not sure what Lasenza is.. I went to target and they had one whole bra I had to choose from, but it was a very ugly style. Kohls had maybe three or four, and its annoying when I'm looking for a specific style. Like when I went to Kohls they only had black or white, and I was looking for red. They had tons of red bras, but none of them had a 34D.

Quote Originally Posted by la la View Post
    I'm a 36DD, so I feel you. I buy mine at Nordstrom, but they're pretty expensive. They're good quality though. I hate VS with a passion. Even if there is a style of bra they offer in a DD, they NEVER have it in the store.
    I don't believe I have a Nordstrom near me.

Quote Originally Posted by MonitorBobSays View Post
    That's probably why it's a challenge. I don't buy bra's online either. Some are made smaller then others. I have one that my boobs fall out of because I didn't try it on.

You could try looking up specialty bra store's in your area. Or just type in "stores that sell large bra size in ___". Or, abandon push up.
    I googled it and only Victoria's Secrets came up. Haha.

If I went to the store and asked them to order a certain bra in a certain size, would I be committed to buying it? Or can they order it, I try it on, and I have the choice to buy it?

Go to a special lingerie store, that's where I buy my bras, plus they will fit you for the absolute, absolute right size for you. The bras are pricy, but worth it, and you can get some of the most adorable ones ever. Generally stores that carry Freya, Chantelle, etc will have the sizes. Just look in your phonebook under Lingerie stores, and phone the places and ask what sizes they carry.

Quote Originally Posted by perezident View Post
    I had a fitting at Victoria's secret back in December and they told me I was a 36C but I'm definitely not. The band was so lose and wouldn't stay on, but 34D fit perfect (but now 6 months later is alittle snug) I wear 34 on the tightest setting so I could even go to a 32DD, but I feel like thats even harder to find.
    I don't understand how Victoria Secret is so bad at doing fittings. Last time I went in there I knew what size I should be. I was wearing 34Bs but the band was too loose, but the cup fit fine--so I wanted to get a 32C. Well they were like we'll measure you anyway and somehow they measured me to a 34A and had me try it on. Of course it fit me horribly, too small in the cup and too big bandwise. Then I asked them for a 32C and just like I thought it fit me just perfectly.

Anyway have you tried looking in Frederick's or Lane Bryant? I think they tend to stock bigger sizes, however I'm not sure what the smallest band size Lane Bryant has. Also have you tried looking up stores maybe in NYC or Boston? Such as a La Perla store? Because if you can, maybe one day you can take a roadtrip to a really decent shop.
    Formerly ReadingRainbow and Photo Lass.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Colloquial View Post
    I don't understand how Victoria Secret is so bad at doing fittings. Last time I went in there I knew what size I should be. I was wearing 34Bs but the band was too loose, but the cup fit fine--so I wanted to get a 32C. Well they were like we'll measure you anyway and somehow they measured me to a 34A and had me try it on. Of course it fit me horribly, too small in the cup and too big bandwise. Then I asked them for a 32C and just like I thought it fit me just perfectly.

Anyway have you tried looking in Frederick's or Lane Bryant? I think they tend to stock bigger sizes, however I'm not sure what the smallest band size Lane Bryant has. Also have you tried looking up stores maybe in NYC or Boston? Such as a La Perla store? Because if you can, maybe one day you can take a roadtrip to a really decent shop.
    I've gotten fitted at Macy's too and it was the same thing! I did the fitting myself and it said I was a 32DD, which is basically 34D, but I have never in my life seen a 32DD in stores, so its easier to just look for 34D (but now thats even snug!)

I'm not sure what Frederick's or Lane Bryant are. I'm going to NYC on Tuesday, but I'm going with two guys and I doubt they are going to want to sit around while I bra shop. I won't have another chance to go to either NYC or Boston for awhile because train tickets are so expensive!

These are the stores I have at my mall

I checked the Lane Bryant website and they only carry 36+

Quote Originally Posted by MEOWmeow View Post
    I was just at Victoria's Secret today and they didn't have a single 34DD in the store, so I got 34D. I also checked a couple other stores, and I feel lucky just to find a decent 34D. I hate buying clothing online just because I'm so picky. Also, I like pushup, and its hell trying to find 34D/DD pushup. I wandered around the bra section of Kohls for a good hour before I gave up.
    I work at La Senza (which is a sister store to Victoria's Secret), I know that at my last store we weren't allowed to put DD cup sizes on the floor, but we had them in the back room - it was a request only size since it doesn't look as pretty on the racks. The store I'm at now has them out, so give your local VS a call.

Also if you're a DD you should look for a lightly lined support bra. Push up won't do lift if that's what you're looking for, it will just enhance your cleavage.

As far as specialty bra's go, I'm a 32E (which Victoria's Secret/La Senza) doesn't even carry. I love Freya bra's, they are super true to size.

Also, Get measured if it's been over 6 months. Limited Brands just switched their sizing technique recently and it's a lot more accurate now.

34DD is the average cup size, but women tend to buy bras with the higher band size (average purchased bra is a 36C.. 80% of the time it's not their size). So 34DD is a completely common size.

Also if you're a 34DD, Do NOT buy a 34D. It will be too small in the cup size, the band will be the same though. Either go down a band size and up a cup to a 32E, or go up a band size and down a cup to a 36D.

Haha.

32DD was discontinued at La Senza, check their outlet stores.
    32D on the other hand they're releasing more of since they've realized its a popular size. We have a lot more 32D's now than we've ever had.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride&Zombies View Post
    I love Freya bra's, they are super true to size.
    They are truly the best.

Really? I've only ever found one and it was kind of like granny panties in bra form lol. The cups were huge, there's no way you could wear anything but a crew neck or turtle neck with it, and the straps were like three inches wide.

Quote Originally Posted by Pride&Zombies View Post
    32DD was discontinued at La Senza, check their outlet stores.
    32D on the other hand they're releasing more of since they've realized its a popular size. We have a lot more 32D's now than we've ever had.
    Oh really? Neat, I will definitely have to go look into that! Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by missy_prim View Post
    Really? I've only ever found one and it was kind of like granny panties in bra form lol. The cups were huge, there's no way you could wear anything but a crew neck or turtle neck with it, and the straps were like three inches wide.
    Yeah, sometimes they're pretty terrible, but there have been a couple times I found some really cute stuff there. Last time I went though, they were all pretty much what you just described.
    Touch me, touch me, touch me, touch me! I want to be dirty!