Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Hybrid View

Frank Lapidus Guest

Official Tattoo Pictures Thread

We seem to have a ton of threads in which to post pictures of our tattoos! Maybe we can reduce it to just one

Post away!

PS, thanks to whoever stickied this.

Frank Lapidus Guest
    First tattoo: Yin Yang - on my right hip. Cost $65. April 2008. Getting it covered up or touched up eventually. - Least painful.
    This tattoo was a spur of the moment thing. My boyfriend at the time got the same tattoo on his upper spine. It basically means good/evil, and I believe good cannot exist without evil. I kinda have a thing for yin yangs.

Second tattoo: Tiger - on my right shoulder blade. Cost About $100 + $40 tip. April 6, 2009. - Moderately painful.
    I'm an animal lover, and tigers are my favourite. This was a custom design done by a friend of mine.

Third tattoo: Nirvana guy. - on my left hip. Cost $40 + $10 tip. November 12, 2009. - Least painful.
    This guy who the artist and I decided to call "Milo" is from the album cover for Nirvana's Incesticide. They are my favourite band and have been for several years, so this is a subtle reference to my rock gods.

Fourth tattoo: Second Chakra/Beatles Lyrics. - on my lower back. Cost $60 + $20 tip. May 6th, 2010. - Most painful.
    I'm a nutrition student and one of our courses is Body-Mind-Spirit in which we learned about the seven chakras. This is the second one - it mostly relates to sex and the sex organs. Read up on it if you want. The lyrics are from the Beatles' 'Strawberry Fields Forever'. It has several different meanings to me, such as...you can't really be living if you don't care about your life, so it's ironic...but also that if you don't care, life is easier. Sort of hard to explain and contradictory, but anyways, I understand it in different ways, it has different meanings to me and I really like that part of that song. Also, a guy from my favourite TV show has those lyrics tattooed on him. They kind of relate to the chakra, too.

katielynn Guest
    the birds

you can see one and a little bit of the second. they cost $150 for both of them. they were a present for my 18th birthday from the guy i was dating then.

dopamine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Frank Lapidus View Post
    First tattoo: Yin Yang - on my right hip. Cost $65. April 2008. Getting it covered up or touched up eventually. - Least painful.
    This tattoo was a spur of the moment thing. My boyfriend at the time got the same tattoo on his upper spine. It basically means good/evil, and I believe good cannot exist without evil. I kinda have a thing for yin yangs.

Second tattoo: Tiger - on my right shoulder blade. Cost About $100 + $40 tip. April 6, 2009. - Moderately painful.
    I'm an animal lover, and tigers are my favourite. This was a custom design done by a friend of mine.

Third tattoo: Nirvana guy. - on my left hip. Cost $40 + $10 tip. November 12, 2009. - Least painful.
    This guy who the artist and I decided to call "Milo" is from the album cover for Nirvana's Incesticide. They are my favourite band and have been for several years, so this is a subtle reference to my rock gods.

Fourth tattoo: Second Chakra/Beatles Lyrics. - on my lower back. Cost $60 + $20 tip. May 6th, 2010. - Most painful.
    I'm a nutrition student and one of our courses is Body-Mind-Spirit in which we learned about the seven chakras. This is the second one - it mostly relates to sex and the sex organs. Read up on it if you want. The lyrics are from the Beatles' 'Strawberry Fields Forever'. It has several different meanings to me, such as...you can't really be living if you don't care about your life, so it's ironic...but also that if you don't care, life is easier. Sort of hard to explain and contradictory, but anyways, I understand it in different ways, it has different meanings to me and I really like that part of that song. Also, a guy from my favourite TV show has those lyrics tattooed on him. They kind of relate to the chakra, too.
    oh so thats what your avatar was. i was always curious as to what it meant. i really like that though!

Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    the birds

you can see one and a little bit of the second. they cost $150 for both of them. they were a present for my 18th birthday from the guy i was dating then.
    those look real nice. thats a tattoo placement i would definately consider getting. how badly did it hurt?

katielynn Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by dopamine View Post

those look real nice. thats a tattoo placement i would definately consider getting. how badly did it hurt?
    not that bad. the shading hurt the worse, but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

if you want to get a tattoo there just think about the future. what do you want to be? will having tattoos be a problem? i wear scrubs so it isn't a problem for me but i still wish i would have considered the future when i got them, even though i love them.

dopamine Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by linus. View Post
    not that bad. the shading hurt the worse, but it wasn't as bad as i thought it would be.

if you want to get a tattoo there just think about the future. what do you want to be? will having tattoos be a problem? i wear scrubs so it isn't a problem for me but i still wish i would have considered the future when i got them, even though i love them.
    ah i know, thats the only thing that worries me, cause i want to be a teacher, so not a job for a tatted up lady. sucks because i wanted to get this (the symbol on his head) on my wrist.

SheWasARebelChild Guest

MajorLeagueBaseball Guest
    This this this this this. This tattoo, this placement.

Blog Entries
    Bahh, I want to get some tats really bad.

4 leaf clover on my hip. I'm probably all of 10% Irish though lol.

angel wings, probably more spread out though

Peace, love, and happiness in Chinese symbols, on the underside of an arm.

Darn age...
    SW: 147 lbs
    CW:
    GW: 125 lbs

Musicgasm Guest
    My first one I actually got the picture from JB, I fell in love with it and I'm a calculus geek. It means, love is greater than all values between zero and infinity. (Ignore the weird angle that makes my foot look huge.)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...chyfi/tatt.jpg

And, the one I designed and got a week after Mothers Day (payday didn't seem to line up in time >.<) Its a stitched heart because my mom got my interested in all the crafty things I do now, and the forget-me-nots are a hope that she'll never forget me. Alzheimers runs badly in both sides of my family and she's getting older, doesn't remember things as well.

This picture was right after he did it, but its kind of hard to take a picture of my shoulder close enough right now to see the detail.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7...hyfi/tatt2.jpg

Blog Entries
    im thinking of getting something like this
    http://i46.tinypic.com/290zayh.jpg
    "until you shout, common world! i'll have you for breakfast!"

"we're gonna bust outta here one day sweetie"

"i'm as baked as a potato"
    "that's such a sterotypical island thing to say"

*Manna* Guest
    Here are my lovely's

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...Heartagram.jpg My 1st one got back in 2005 when I was 18/19

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../S50300432.jpg 2nd one 2006 i think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2...ghticstars.jpg
    About 2 of 3 year a go for these i think

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v2.../Photo0216.jpg my most recent one I got in January

I'm swinging between getting lines from Robert Frost's "Stopping By Woods on a Snowy Evening" (my favourite poem EVER) or the quote "It is not in the stars to hold our destiny, but in ourselves."

Somewhere on my back/hip, in this amazing font I found. Can't wait.
    Many have I loved, and many times been bitten,
    Many times I've gazed along the open road.

Many times I've lied and many times I've listened,
    Many times I've wondered how much there is to know.

Sammi Guest

arieza Guest
    Just got a new tattoo started, a tribute to my cat.
    There's a blank fortune underneath it, I haven't decided what to put in it yet.
    My kitty was black but the tattoo will be in purples and blues, with green eyes.