I'm originally from Kansas. We don't all live on farms & we don't have tornadoes every 5 seconds.
& the cares of tomorrow can wait 'til this day is done.
I live in a small city in the Los Angeles, CA.
LA stereotypes.. I think we already know them. But its really not true in my city because its like a little bubble here.
Devon in England.
Apparently we all speak like farmers, eat custard and drink cider Hahaha
1. theres random wildlife (ie kangaroos) in our backyard which we even use to drive to school/uni --> FALSE
2. we all speak like steve irwin or kath and kim --> FALSE
3. its sunny all the time. lol atm im freezing my fingers off :P
I'm half Swiss half filippina, grew up in Thailand and am now studying in Geneva, Switzerland.
Stereotype: Thai teenagers like to dress emo. Nearly all thai teenagers dress emo.
Eat haggis all the time - Um, ew.
Wear kilts - Most men do for weddings
Drunkards - The old timers are and ofcourse the clubbers but thats everywhere.
Incoherant accents - Edinburgh people have very mild accents
Bagpipes - For the tourists or some sort of ceremony things
Bad weather - hellz yes
I'm from Jamaica and we don't all talk like the people in the movies,have dreadlocks,are violent OR do drugs...
One tequila, two tequila, three tequila, floor.
notheastern Pennsylania. Common stereotypes I've heard:
- "Alabama of the North"/Pennsyltucky (depends on where you go; people around me drive around with confederate flags on their Ford F-150s but not in most of the cities)
- "wudder" instead of "water" (Philadelphia area and suburbs, not where I live)
- we don't use electricity (that's only the Amish lol)
- lots of Amish (totally true)
- mostly farmland (that or forests)
the pacific northwest... outdoorsie, crunchy granola eating, environmentally friendly, salmon munching... all of which are true for me and basically everyone in my family.
Basically, we're all communists/students/both
Everyone thinks we are canadas texas lol. Its true for most in the country - the cities not so much. Except for the month of july!
The sooner you let 2 hearts beat together, The sooner you'll know this love is forever, Love needs time now or never