Login

My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Where in the world are you from?

Sorry that there are 23423423 threads on this but I don't feel like looking for an old one. Sooo where are you from? country/ State/ province/ whatever. And tell me a stereotype people have of your area and if it's true. go!

NJ for me

onewish-ox Guest
    quebec, canada.

we're known as frenchies.
    and when people see that i speak such good english without a french accent they act all surprised. like no one speaks english around here -_- . kinda annoying haha.

.Glitter&Grease. Guest
    Louisiana, US.

and no, we don't talk like the people in movies that take place in louisiana/anywhere in the south.

edit: most people don't have swamps in their back yard.

Belinda Guest
    Ireland.

& yeah, we're not drunk all the time, contrary to popular belief.
    Oh, we're not leprechans either.

x

RunningFree Guest
    California.

And stereotype? I don't know.

Ontario, Canada.

Sterotype of Canada, watch this.
    It's actually the most amazing thing ever, gives me great pride in my country. The beginning is slow, but stick with it.

As for my town.
    Sterotype is we are all hicks. Hunting, wear camo to prom kind of hicks, who don't understand what the rest of the world is like and we are poor.
    Not true at all.
    Mikaela.

Frank Lapidus Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by P Diddy View Post
    southern ontario. ummm, as for stereotypes... apparently my town has a lot of weed. i dunno but there have been quite a few marijuana growing ops in my neighbourhood.
    Haha curious now as to what city.

Niagara Falls, Ontario. "We turn off the Falls at night."

RottenVixen Guest
    Texas

Stereotypes of Texas and Texans:
    - We have thick southern accents and talk like George Bush. Most people don't have an accent, I've probably met 2 people my own age that have one. And they're both from east Texas. People who live in the city don't really have accents.
    - We own a horse and live on a ranch. I've never ridden a horse before
    - We all own a gun. Never owned one or have touched one haha.
    - Football is god. This is mostly true, the world stops on game day pretty much.

I don't know what other stereotypes we have.

Quote Originally Posted by RottenVixen View Post
    Texas

Stereotypes of Texas and Texans:
    - We have thick southern accents and talk like George Bush. Most people don't have an accent, I've probably met 2 people my own age that have one. And they're both from east Texas. People who live in the city don't really have accents.
    - We own a horse and live on a ranch. I've never ridden a horse before
    - We all own a gun. Never owned one or have touched one haha.
    - Football is god. This is mostly true, the world stops on game day pretty much.
    Haha I used to live in Austin and Htown.
    New york. We aren't all jerks with sh!ttay driving skills.

Malden, Massachusetts.

Boston = bad drivers, boston accents, great food
    1.13.11 <3

Quote Originally Posted by P Diddy View Post
    southern ontario. ummm, as for stereotypes... apparently my town has a lot of weed. i dunno but there have been quite a few marijuana growing ops in my neighbourhood.
    Curious as well.

Southern Ontario. As far as my city goes, we're all druggies. My city is actually pretty ghetto.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by discoverMC View Post
    Ontario, Canada.

Sterotype of Canada, watch this.
    It's actually the most amazing thing ever, gives me great pride in my country. The beginning is slow, but stick with it.
    Lmao, that's amazing. I'm from Southern Ontario too (though it's not the farthest south, it's not central or northern).

People say my city is really small and there's nothing to do, it's 94,000 which is small in comparison to TO but there are smaller. Not too many stereotypes about my city specifically but the ones about Canada and Toronto.
    The road to perfection is always under construction.

Nova Scotia, Canada.
    ummm, I guess ppl think my town/Canada in general is obsessed with hockey, this is true. I'm actually from Sydney Crosby's hometown.

Also, is anyone here from Peterborough, or Waterloo, or Kingston, ON? I'm debating which of these cities to go to school in. JW which is the best
    "Passion is passion. It's the excitement between the tedious spaces, and it doesn't matter where it's directed...It can be coins or sports or politics or horses or music or faith...the saddest people I've ever met in life are the ones who don't care deeply about anything at all."
    Dear John

Nova Scotia

I can't think of any stereotypes for the province as a whole, but Cape Bretoners supposedly all drink a lot. Definitely not true, but I'm betting most of us can drink most mainlanders under the table lol.

thatoneaddiction Guest
    Kentucky.
    -illiterate [very false]
    -don't wear shoes [mostly false.. depends on time of year lol]
    -republicans [depends where you go]
    -racist [depends where you go, unfortunately]
    -banjos [only in traditional music]
    -inbreeding [very false]
    -horses [very true]
    -bourbon [very true]