My Jelly Bean

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Poet's Corner

ColdHardTruth Guest
    Hmm... all is quiet...

What would your answer be?

Paradox Guest
    Well, I don't exactly write about depression or self-harm, but I showed my mom "The Critic and the Creature" (about this one person being really mean to this other person- you learn at the end that they are the same person) in order for her to help me with the ending. She was all "Chelsea, do you really feel this way about yourself?" I told her it was fiction (even though it wasn't). So that's not anywhere as bad as someone reading someone else's poem on suicide and getting worried, it still made her worry about me a bit.

PS: I am pisceschick22, in case you didn't know

ColdHardTruth Guest
    The change was carefully observed

Hmm. I must post more tonight, yet I have run aground - I need a synonym for 'happy' that rhymes with 'me'. Bastard sonnets.

History Of Flowers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    Well, I don't exactly write about depression or self-harm, but I showed my mom "The Critic and the Creature" (about this one person being really mean to this other person- you learn at the end that they are the same person) in order for her to help me with the ending. She was all "Chelsea, do you really feel this way about yourself?" I told her it was fiction (even though it wasn't). So that's not anywhere as bad as someone reading someone else's poem on suicide and getting worried, it still made her worry about me a bit.

PS: I am pisceschick22, in case you didn't know

pfft, I just realized it was you. Im dumb

History Of Flowers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by LoserInAMailBox
    *sigh* Ok, I'll try and get the ball rolling....

*thinks*

Question to all who right depression/suicide/self harm etc etc poems:
    Has anyone ever read your poetry?
    Was this accidental, or did you purposly show them?
    What was their reaction?

There we go. Now answer. Now.

Edit: I dont think this fits into any of Lauren's catogries. I'm sure you will forgive me though lauren?

I finally got up the balls to show ALL 4 notebooks to Danelle, because when I first moved I would sit there at lunch and write and not talk, and she asked what I was writing. She read a few and asked to see all of them. I remember she said she almost cried, and then when she reads me new ones sometimes she'll just nod. Other times she looks shocked and a bit awed, sometimes she laughs. She tells me if they're demented or not. Occasionally the other girls I eat lunch with want to read some, they all just say they're wonderful.

And then of course you fine people read them as well.

Paradox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by SweetSweetIrony
    pfft, I just realized it was you. Im dumb
    Not your fault, I just didn't make an announcement or anything. I figured everyone would realize eventually.

ColdHardTruth Guest
    Ok, because I was ordered to post this here, I'll say it - ze poet's challenge.

Write a poem imitating another regular on the board.

Crossmyheartx0 Guest
    i have a question. What inspires people on here to write? I have some troubles that.

Paradox Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crossmyheartx0
    i have a question. What inspires people on here to write? I have some troubles that.
    Nothing specifically. My good ideas come randomly usually: lying in bed, showering, stuff like that. Actually, I've gotten some ideas for a few of my best poems by walking outside on a beautiful night. Most of my ideas come to me during the evening. When I get an idea it usually comes in the form of one or two lines: I make sure to write it down right away so I can build a poem off it (if the lines turn out to be workable).

History Of Flowers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Paradox
    Nothing specifically. My good ideas come randomly usually: lying in bed, showering, stuff like that. Actually, I've gotten some ideas for a few of my best poems by walking outside on a beautiful night. Most of my ideas come to me during the evening. When I get an idea it usually comes in the form of one or two lines: I make sure to write it down right away so I can build a poem off it (if the lines turn out to be workable).

Thats how it is/was with me. But now I somehow write the poems backwards, I come up with a line and use that as the ending, and then write the poem off that. Or I make up the title and think of a fitting poem. I usually write my poem in Math, History, and Study Hall.

ColdHardTruth Guest
    Beer. No really, I write while drinking.

komar100 Guest
    well, i mostly write behind the closed door of my room, when it's dark outside, and i light candles. also, i'm usually feeling either pissed at the world or suidicial or broken hearted. hope that helps

UnPr3tTy711 Guest
    to all....

at what age did you begin writing?

History Of Flowers Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by UnPr3tTy711
    to all....

at what age did you begin writing?

Buwhaha, well I always knew I could rhyme easily, I used to write little 4 or 6 line poems for my teachers when I was in grade school.
    I wrote my first real poem in 5th grade, and would randomly write poems in my head, but never said any of them.
    I wrote a bit more in seventh grade, about 20 poems and saved them and then stopped.

I finally started writing full time this past August, and now have 138 poems.

I started last year. I wrote this:

'It my heart swells darkness
    Clouding over everything known
    Destroying my mind
    Killing my soul'

And thats it. I just wrote it randomly and my teacher read it and recommended for 'Gifted and Talented in Writing' and I got all these Advanced English classes and even got two of my poems in a book sold worldwide. I tihnk it's called 'Poems from the Heart'? The title of them are Teenage Devil and Imaginary Realm. I posted them on here some time ago.
    ~*~ What the hell is a Grand Poofta? ~*~

'Dear Diary, Please tell Jerrod to SHUT THE HELL UP! From, Byron'
    'Dear Diary, Byron talked to me today. YES! Love, Jerrod'
    -The Force Band Camp 2008