Login

My Jelly Bean

View Poll Results: What do you think about gay marriages ?

Voters
1536. You may not vote on this poll
  • Dont agree with them

    333 21.68%
  • Agree with them

    1,047 68.16%
  • Not sure

    156 10.16%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 154 of 197 FirstFirst ... 54 104 144 152 153 154 155 156 164 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 2942
  1. #2296
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    Whether it's a choice or not, I don't agree with it. But like I said before, I'm not against them, they can be with whoever they want.

    I never said that mine should rule.
    I have to disagree. Many many many people have been against gays' and lesbians' for centuries. There are always going to be people that are against it. Some things never change.
    It's that kind of attitude that prevents change. Eventually, eventually gay marriage will be accepted everywhere with no questions asked or eyebrows raised. Everyone has to work towards it.

    Take racism against blacks as an example. I know there are still extremely racist people out there, but we've come leaps and bounds from when Congress ratified the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. All great things take time, they don't happen overnight.
    ad astra per aspera

  2. #2297
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Tiger View Post
    It's that kind of attitude that prevents change. Eventually, eventually gay marriage will be accepted everywhere with no questions asked or eyebrows raised. Everyone has to work towards it.

    Take racism against blacks as an example. I know there are still extremely racist people out there, but we've come leaps and bounds from when Congress ratified the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. All great things take time, they don't happen overnight.
    But this is something that's totally different than racism towards blacks. Being gay goes against a lot of people's religions, for example. Being black or dating a black person if you're white, doesn't.

    I personally believe that is one subject that people won't ever come to terms with.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson&Clover View Post
    But do you think that gay couples should have the same rights as straight?
    To some extent, yes.
    Love can either conquer you, or completely destroy you.

  3. #2298
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Posts
    12,636
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    But this is something that's totally different than racism towards blacks. Being gay goes against a lot of people's religions, for example. Being black or dating a black person if you're white, doesn't.

    I personally believe that is one subject that people won't ever come to terms with.
    Being gay may go against peoples' religions, but back when slavery was first abolished blacks were thought of as an inferior race. People didn't consider them human. I think those two things are pretty comparable.
    ad astra per aspera

  4. #2299
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    Whether it's a choice or not, I don't agree with it. But like I said before, I'm not against them, they can be with whoever they want.

    I never said that mine should rule.
    I have to disagree. Many many many people have been against gays' and lesbians' for centuries. There are always going to be people that are against it. Some things never change.
    That's like saying you don't agree with disabled people.

    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    But this is something that's totally different than racism towards blacks. Being gay goes against a lot of people's religions, for example. Being black or dating a black person if you're white, doesn't.

    I personally believe that is one subject that people won't ever come to terms with.



    To some extent, yes.
    You don't think people deserve the same rights as other people?
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

    My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

  5. #2300
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Tiger View Post
    Being gay may go against peoples' religions, but back when slavery was first abolished blacks were thought of as an inferior race. People didn't consider them human. I think those two things are pretty comparable.
    People don't consider gay's not human, they just don't agree with a man and a man/woman and a woman being together.
    Love can either conquer you, or completely destroy you.

  6. #2301
    hunnie14 Guest
    But this is something that's totally different than racism towards blacks. Being gay goes against a lot of people's religions, for example. Being black or dating a black person if you're white, doesn't.



    But why does that matter? you can still be married legally and it can have nothing to do with the church. Its about legal equality. Married couples get benfits that regular couples don't. So no a chruch shouldn't be forced to marry them, but why can't homosexuals still be married in the eyes of the state?

  7. #2302
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTheBam View Post
    That's like saying you don't agree with disabled people.



    You don't think people deserve the same rights as other people?
    ...What? That made no sense.

    Depends on the right.

    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson&Clover View Post
    Religion is still a personal OPINION. It is not provable. It is many people's personal opinion that blacks are inferior to caucasions. So it is still exactly the same as racism. It IS prejudice.

    Was that a solid yes? It's a simple yes or no question.
    Religion is not an opinion it's a person's belief in right/wrong. Their religion almost always plays a part in the choices they make in their life.

    And I gave you my answer.
    Love can either conquer you, or completely destroy you.

  8. #2303
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    ...What? That made no sense.

    Depends on the right.



    Religion is not an opinion it's a person's belief in right/wrong. Their religion almost always plays a part in the choices they make in their life.

    And I gave you my answer.
    It makes perfect sense. You said that you don't care if it's not a choice, you don't agree with it. That's like saying you don't care if people are born with a disability, but you don't agree with it.

    Why? Why should anybody get more rights than anybody else? Hell, even prison inmates can get married while in jail.

    A person's belief in right/wrong IS their opinion.
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

    My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

  9. #2304
    Quote Originally Posted by ILoveTheBam View Post
    It makes perfect sense. You said that you don't care if it's not a choice, you don't agree with it. That's like saying you don't care if people are born with a disability, but you don't agree with it.

    Why? Why should anybody get more rights than anybody else? Hell, even prison inmates can get married while in jail.

    A person's belief in right/wrong IS their opinion.
    That statement isn't thought out at all. You can't compare a disability with being gay.

    Now that, I did not know.

    To me, when it comes down to religion it's not. I believe in The Bible & I was raised know that The Bible is....right, for lack of a better word, which I agree with.
    Love can either conquer you, or completely destroy you.

  10. #2305
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Posts
    4,182
    Quote Originally Posted by StyleMeFamous View Post
    That statement isn't thought out at all. You can't compare a disability with being gay.

    Now that, I did not know.

    To me, when it comes down to religion it's not. I believe in The Bible & I was raised know that The Bible is....right, for lack of a better word, which I agree with.
    Did you read the article I posted?

    Neither did I, until I read this book about this guy on death row (it was a documentation of a real case) and they talked about this guy getting married while he was in prison, so I looked it up.

    Religion is your opinion. It is your personal view. There is no way of proving it 100% right, so it is your opinion.
    "You guys are basically dating. You went to the grocery store to get stuff to make tacos. You don't do that with someone you're just banging!"

    My best friend Brinny says, "Oh, she's just being Meli."

  11. #2306
    Love Her Madly Guest
    I'm fairly certain that one day kids will read about 'when gay marriage was disputed' in history books, the same way we have read about women's suffrage and segregation.

  12. #2307
    hunnie14 Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Love Her Madly View Post
    I'm fairly certain that one day kids will read about 'when gay marriage was disputed' in history books, the same way we have read about women's suffrage and segregation.
    I hope so. But i've thought the same thing.

  13. #2308
    MaeGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Neon Tiger View Post
    It's that kind of attitude that prevents change. Eventually, eventually gay marriage will be accepted everywhere with no questions asked or eyebrows raised. Everyone has to work towards it.

    Take racism against blacks as an example. I know there are still extremely racist people out there, but we've come leaps and bounds from when Congress ratified the 13th, 14th and 15th amendments. All great things take time, they don't happen overnight.

    Good point. I agree.

  14. #2309
    MaeGal Guest
    Quote Originally Posted by Crimson&Clover View Post
    Right. Tell that to the WBC, and Lawrence King and Mathew Shepherd's murderers.

    Well argued.

  15. #2310
    Chica♥ Guest
    I don't really agree with them, but it's not like I think of gay people different than others or anything. I just... Don't think it's right. No offense to anyone

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:45 AM.